S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Has anyone installed a AEM Uego w/ display

Old 02-03-2005, 04:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Has anyone installed a AEM Uego w/ display

Can this be installed prior to the EMS install and tune - the reason I ask this is that I have to break in my new engine w/ the stock ECU with my comptech S/C before I can install my 650 injectors and high boost pulley - Since this build is with a Joe Alaniz engine I have to change alot of the bolt on's like a throttle body, high flow headers,3" exhaust and all the head work I know I am going to adjust my fuel to keep it running safe during the break in period. I am hoping I can install the AEM Uego w/ display to keep track of my A/F ratios so I don't damage the engine if these bolt on's make me run lean!
Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!
Nick

PS, I have read this thread and it is for a different model Uego and w/o the display!
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=175549
Old 02-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Banned

I keep mine at about 12.1 at full boost and It runs great
Old 02-03-2005, 04:52 PM

Originally Posted by JDMKID35' date='Feb 3 2005, 08:47 PM
I keep mine at about 12.1 at full boost and It runs great
From reading your Sig you have a real beast on your hands What I need to know since you already have your EMS installed is can I run this Uego independant of the EMS until the engine is broken in (with the stock ECU and ESM supplied by comptech)? I cannot tune the engine with my upgrades until the motor is broken in according to the engine builder!
Old 02-03-2005, 06:23 PM

yes you can run the wideband independently from the ems. You do not have to have i hooked up to the ems for it to work. it will display the afr just fine w/o the ems.
Old 02-03-2005, 06:39 PM

What kind of signal does it output without the display? I was wondering if it could be hooked up to the external signal harness on the Profec e-01
Old 02-03-2005, 06:59 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You could weld in another bung and run it separately but you probably don't have to.

The AEM controllers (both the gauge and separate) have both a 0-5V and 0-1V output. The 0-1V is for connection to an OEM ECU to emulate the stock sensor. So long as the curves are not drastically different it won't be a problem.
Old 02-03-2005, 07:48 PM

Thanks for confirming this! Not to be greedy but any more info would be appreciated - I am having a secong bung welded on my custom exhaust to accomodate the Wideband so for the break in I will have a total of three bungs, Primary is on the header secondary and wideband will be on the header back exhaust! Is this correct? my plan is to cap the extra one once the EMS is installed.
any info out there for wiring this wideband W/ display?
Thanks again!
Old 02-03-2005, 08:00 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nzaizar' date='Feb 3 2005, 06:40 PM
Can this be installed prior to the EMS install and tune - the reason I ask this is that I have to break in my new engine w/ the stock ECU with my comptech S/C before I can install my 650 injectors and high boost pulley - Since this build is with a Joe Alaniz engine I have to change alot of the bolt on's like a throttle body, high flow headers,3" exhaust and all the head work I know I am going to adjust my fuel to keep it running safe during the break in period. I am hoping I can install the AEM Uego w/ display to keep track of my A/F ratios so I don't damage the engine if these bolt on's make me run lean!
Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!
Nick

PS, I have read this thread and it is for a different model Uego and w/o the display!
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=175549
Yes, can be installed before the AEM EMS. Mine was. Great install location is right above the start button.

Old 02-03-2005, 08:01 PM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

The AEM is supposed to be 18-36 inches from the exhaust port I believe. The stock Primary location is fine. I would definitely try replacing the stock one with the AEM sensor and using the 0-1V output. You'll require a spanner rather than a welder.
Old 02-03-2005, 08:25 PM

Originally Posted by AusS2000' date='Feb 4 2005, 12:01 AM
The AEM is supposed to be 18-36 inches from the exhaust port I believe. The stock Primary location is fine. I would definitely try replacing the stock one with the AEM sensor and using the 0-1V output. You'll require a spanner rather than a welder.
I must admit ignorance on this one! I do not know what a spanner is.
also, If I remove the primary won't it throw a cell? Remember I have to break in my engine with the stock ECU before I switch it over to the EMS!

Quick Reply: Has anyone installed a AEM Uego w/ display