S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Heater valve relocate, wire tuck, custom wiper reservoir

Old 10-25-2011, 12:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the pics and parts list! I too, am a Full Race kit owner. Love the kit, hate the "The Heat Radius of Death" that comes with it.

My motor is out and I've been contemplating a hose and cable tuck.

Did you have to remove the dash to replace the heater valve cable?

Corey has done a great job too. But I don't think I have time to get into it to that degree. I miss driving my S and want to get back on the road asap without compromising all my OEM functions (heat and A/C).

Old 10-25-2011, 12:57 PM

Another question, does the cable have any trouble moving in that angle?
Old 10-25-2011, 02:50 PM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Sarek

Thanks for the pics and parts list! I too, am a Full Race kit owner. Love the kit, hate the "The Heat Radius of Death" that comes with it.

My motor is out and I've been contemplating a hose and cable tuck.

Did you have to remove the dash to replace the heater valve cable?

Corey has done a great job too. But I don't think I have time to get into it to that degree. I miss driving my S and want to get back on the road asap without compromising all my OEM functions (heat and A/C).
Paul,

You do not have to remove the dash to replace the heater cable. Removing the passenger seat will help as you have to get up under the dash on that side. It's not hard, just a bit tedious and cramped. I attached the new cable to the old cable (from the engine bay side) with a cut nail (through the eyelets on each end), then used the old cable to pull the new one through the firewall and into position.

No issues with cable movement in it's new location...just a little trial and error with the placement of the heater control valve.

Scott-
Old 10-26-2011, 05:05 AM

Wow! Make a kit of this ASAP!!
Old 10-26-2011, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by S2K-F8
Paul,

You do not have to remove the dash to replace the heater cable. Removing the passenger seat will help as you have to get up under the dash on that side. It's not hard, just a bit tedious and cramped. I attached the new cable to the old cable (from the engine bay side) with a cut nail (through the eyelets on each end), then used the old cable to pull the new one through the firewall and into position.

No issues with cable movement in it's new location...just a little trial and error with the placement of the heater control valve.

Scott-
Thanks Scott! You just saved my at least 5 hours of extra work! (I know I'm slow)...
Old 10-26-2011, 06:27 PM

nice reservoir! It definitely beats my set up. I carry a bottle of windex in my trunk XD
Old 03-18-2024, 04:47 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Heater Valve Relocation

Originally Posted by S2K-F8
So my car was down for a few weeks earlier this summer. I decided to try a wire tuck. Since I lost my wiper reservoir during the tuck, I had a custom one fab'd up to fit where the battery/fuse box goes. Also, my Full-Race manifold gets so damn hot that it melted my heater control valve, heater hoses, and AC lines (soft lines). I went to -AN push lock fittings, punched thru the upper firewall, and ran the upper bypass hose and new heater control valve in the wiper cowl. Now some pics...

Scott-
Hey Scott, was curious how the heater valve relocation has held up through out the years and if you had any issues with it. Thinking about doing this myself and was wondering if you had anything you wish you did different with it. Thank You