S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

HELP! Emanage Hookup

Old 11-08-2007, 08:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Emanage Hookup

Ok so here is the story. I recieved my support tool a few days ago well since my laptop does not have a DB9 port I had to go out and buy a serial to usb adapter. I installed the emanage and usb adapter software onto my computer. For some reason I could not connect to the emanage. I would try to hook up and all I would get is a connection error. So I uninstalled both of the software and reinstalled them with same results as before. At this point I decide to drag my desktop to the garage just to confirm that the problem is with the adapter and not the emanage. Well it worked and my assumption was right, but since I didn't have my map on the computer I tryed to upload it from the emanage. During this process another communication error occured. Well I decided to quit the program and start the car to make sure nothing got messed up...sure enough the car is running really rich and rough. So I guess somehow my map got deleted off the emanage and its just running off the stock ECU .

This sucks! Well atleast I have a base UR map that Im going try just to get the car to idle. I guess its a good thing that I was putting the car away for winter this weekend anyway.

Can anyone give any insight on what the hell happened. Also if anyone has any decent turbo maps that they would like to email me that would be great. Shftat9k@yahoo.com.

Also how is everyone else hooking up the support tool? Am I going to have to buy a old laptop off ebay with a DB9 port? Anyone have one? I dont get why the adapter does not work. Any suggestions on making this work? Sorry for the long post and the rambling.

Thanks
Martin
Old 11-08-2007, 10:05 AM

Did you tried changing the COM PORT on the emanage program?
Old 11-08-2007, 10:38 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Do you have a PCMCIA slot on your laptop? If so get a card that has a serial connection on it.
Old 11-08-2007, 11:39 AM

Well I brought my desktop back out to the garage to put a base UR map just so the car drives. I got it to work and the car drives actually pretty good. Just need to pull some fuel out cause its pretty rich. I opened the UR base map on my computer in live mode and hit the save button and it loaded the map onto the emanage. Am I doing this wrong? How do you load maps from the emanage onto the PC and vice versa.

This is what I dont understand...Every time I try to use the export or import feature on the emanage I get a communication error. Thats how I lost my original map. I dont get it I thought thats how you put your map onto the emanage or vice versa.

Thanks
Martin