S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Help with Supercharger Install

Old 05-18-2014, 11:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Help with Supercharger Install

First, excuse my ignorance as I'm not as knowledgable in this area as you are. That is why I'm here to ask questions!
Specs & Info
2007 S2k completely stock
Currently installing TTS Race Supercharger with c38-91 blower Will be running 12 psi on 93 octane. In the future I would possibly switch to E85 and open up charger to 20 psi after I do more modifications.
I'm hoping for around 400hp on pump gas with 12psi, my goal for future is 500-550 on e85.
Now on to my dilemmas
1 - Fuel Pump - I was sent the Walbro 450, it does not fit in the fuel pump carrier. I've found threads explaining modification to make work, but am confused on what I should really do. I read that the Walbro 255 should be sufficient for what my goals are. I also found a kit on SOS with the Walbro 450, that includes a carrier so no modifying is necessary. SOS states that with Walbro 450, it is necessary to install return fuel system. I will also be purchasing their upgraded wiring package for the fuel pump. What suggestions can you make on which way I can go? Should I go all out with 450 kit, upgraded wiring, and return fuel system ? Is that really unnecessary with the goals I have? Should I just get Walbro 255 with upgrade wiring kit, and will that suit my needs?
2 - For the TTS kit, you have to machine your crank pulley to allow the supercharger pulley to fit. After looking at other kits (which most of them come with this) I noticed they have same setup, but they have bolts around the ring of the 2 pulleys to keep them together. With the TTS kit, one pulley will fit into other, and the bolt to block will hold 2 together at 181 lbs torque. Wouldn't this allow one pulley to possibly spin faster than the other? Does this seem right?
(I'm attaching pictures of install instructions)
Machining instructions - http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/...psbzdybfif.jpg
Picture of before and after machined pulley - http://i1325.photobucket.com/albums/...ps2e4ve6zz.jpg
She looks mean as hell right now tho
Old 05-18-2014, 11:56 AM

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

For the pulley....yes it could spin at different speeds. This thought process is typical for european companies. A way around it is to drill a hole in the same spot on the crank pulley and blower belt pulley. Press a pin into the crank. Drill out the blower pulley hole slightly larger and that will eliminate the possibility of the blower pulley spinning faster or slower than the crank.

I actually have these pieces in my posession an am dropping them off for machine work tomorrow.

For the fuel... for now you can get away with a walbro 255 as far as flow but im not sure how the pump is fitted on returnless systems.

The most cost effective way to do this is to modify your pump for a return style system. Do the full conversion. Then later down the line when you want more power do the larger wiring. The stock wiring will supply the pump enough power to be able to support 450whp.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4
Old 05-18-2014, 12:45 PM

Thanks for the reply and help! I'm in Dallas, and being it's the weekend, haven't found a place to get this done. Will you let me know how pleased you are with your pulleys getting machined. Might just want to send mine to who you are using. As for fuel pump, I think I'm going to go 255 as it suits my needs for a while.
Old 05-18-2014, 08:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2G4life
Thanks for the reply and help! I'm in Dallas, and being it's the weekend, haven't found a place to get this done. Will you let me know how pleased you are with your pulleys getting machined. Might just want to send mine to who you are using. As for fuel pump, I think I'm going to go 255 as it suits my needs for a while.
This has nothing to do with your thread so sorry about that but its awesome that you're in Dallas! I'm also in the DFW area. Would love to see your car someday after you complete the install! Maybe at a cars and coffee event? I'll be SOS charging mine within the next few months so it'd be cool to see the different SC setups
Old 05-19-2014, 05:24 AM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

A common way using a keyway..

http://machinedesign.com/site-files/...y-fits0896.jpg

http://www.blauparts.com/assets/audi...aft_pulley.jpg
Old 05-19-2014, 07:17 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^Yeah but then you have to find somebody with the capability to broach a keyway on the ID of the OEM pulley.

TTS trusts that the 181 ft-lbs will successfully hold the two pulleys together without any slip between the two. I think you should just trust their judgement and not worry about it. If machined correctly to have a snug fit I highly doubt you'll have an issue. And I bet if it does start slipping, that aluminum pulley will heat up and expand so it won't slip for long.
Old 05-19-2014, 08:14 AM

Received 56 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by leoxle
This has nothing to do with your thread so sorry about that but its awesome that you're in Dallas! I'm also in the DFW area. Would love to see your car someday after you complete the install! Maybe at a cars and coffee event? I'll be SOS charging mine within the next few months so it'd be cool to see the different SC setups
Have you joined the North Texas S2Ki FB group? We just had an awesome meet Thursday night at Keller's, had 21 S2000's and about 5-6 of them were Supercharged. I'm also going FI soon (Comptech Novi 1000 kit) on my MY06, just waiting on my supporting mods to arrive so I can get started (radiator, clutch, and lightened flywheel).
Old 05-19-2014, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang
Originally Posted by leoxle' timestamp='1400473576' post='23165475

Have you joined the North Texas S2Ki FB group? We just had an awesome meet Thursday night at Keller's, had 21 S2000's and about 5-6 of them were Supercharged. I'm also going FI soon (Comptech Novi 1000 kit) on my MY06, just waiting on my supporting mods to arrive so I can get started (radiator, clutch, and lightened flywheel).
Luis just admitted me in. Didn't know a FB page existed, just lurked around the forum. Thanks for letting me know. I'll definitely try to come out for the next meet.
Old 05-19-2014, 02:43 PM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Just did mine without a keyway and it seems to be fine...time will tell...still installing...
Old 05-19-2014, 04:50 PM

This. I can't wait to start meeting up, just wanted something done first. Could have went bone stock and paper plates, but didn't even drive car that much.

Originally Posted by Kenny_Stang

Quick Reply: Help with Supercharger Install