S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Hi all, Im back

Old 02-26-2019, 05:17 PM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pakisho
I come back to you now, at the turn of the tide.

Car gets delivered next week. 2002 with a comptech blower.

Ive been away from S2ks for 14 years. My old S2k had the CT blower and a proflow throttle body, nothing else. Whats changed since then? Anything I should be looking at in terms of bang for the buck mods? My old car used to heatsoak pretty badly in stop and go traffic, the ported throttle body made a big difference. Anything I can/should throw at the car as it sits? Tune? Manifold, etc?

Oz

pfft
Old 03-01-2019, 08:05 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome back! AP1 here using CT-E SC 1220 blower.
Old 03-01-2019, 09:57 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

E85 and upgrade to novi 1200 blower
Old 03-01-2019, 10:24 AM

Dont want to switch superchargers, or go to e85.

Car arrived last night. Its mint. Blast to drive, I had to recalibrate completely. Im used to shifting much sooner in the other cars.

It comes on really strong passed 6k.

What are my options to enhance midrange? Im not looking to do gears. Still thinking manifold/tb/heat exchanger? The car does not have an aftercooler but I dont plan to track it or subject it to very aggressive, sustained driving, so not sure if I really need it?
Old 03-01-2019, 10:36 AM

Received 118 Likes on 94 Posts

Smaller pulley and a wastegate on the intake piping? That'll help mid-range as long as you have enough compressor to not completely turn into a hair drier up top.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:30 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by jdmz
E85 and upgrade to novi 1200 blower
^This right here.
Add and aftercooler and you'll easily hit 500whp on a stock exhaust and test pipe. It''ll also help your mid range.
Example below:
You're not going to get terribly much below 5k. You have to go turbo for that. However with the aforementioned upgrades the dyno below is easily attainable. I'm getting belt slip up top as well. Upgrading to 8 rib to remedy that, and the motor may touch 550.

Edit: didn't see you didn't want E85. So forget all that I wrote, but I think the dyno below is still a good example to illustrate how much you could expect in the mid range if you wanted to over spin the blower and bleed boost. This blower is spinning to 53k.

Last edited by bruthaboost; 03-01-2019 at 12:20 PM.
Old 03-01-2019, 11:34 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by Pakisho
Dont want to switch superchargers, or go to e85.

Car arrived last night. Its mint. Blast to drive, I had to recalibrate completely. Im used to shifting much sooner in the other cars.

It comes on really strong passed 6k.

What are my options to enhance midrange? Im not looking to do gears. Still thinking manifold/tb/heat exchanger? The car does not have an aftercooler but I dont plan to track it or subject it to very aggressive, sustained driving, so not sure if I really need it?
I wouldn't run it without an aftercooler or fmic. Terrible performance and IAT will be through the roof on a summer day driving in town, or any spirited driving and cause the motor to want to detonate pretty easy at that point. Remember, if this is a base stage 1 system (which is sounds like it is) then there is no timing retard to compensate for high IAT. Until you address this, don't bother with bolt on mods for even more power or more boost. Once you get that accomplished then it depends on how far you want to take it/power you want. If you want to stay with the same stage 1 set up/rrfpr then you can get a VAFC NEO and lower vtec to increase mid range power and in doing so will need to increase the fuel pressure to add more fuel in the mid range with the new lowered vtec and trim fuel down low and up on top to compensate where it will be apparent its needed at that point. But before this you need to invest in a wideband/afr gauge so you can see your afr and properly street tune it. Next level, full EMS. At that point you might as well up the boost and get bigger injectors and ditch the rrfpr. You will need a clutch beyond about 8psi though so keep that in mind as well. But again, none of this until you get an aftercooler or fmic to keep IAT in check.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 03-01-2019 at 11:37 AM.
Old 03-01-2019, 12:23 PM

Yikes, damn.

Ok, maybe it stays as is

Lol
Old 03-01-2019, 12:56 PM

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

The forums died compared to 14 yrs ago
Old 03-03-2019, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
I wouldn't run it without an aftercooler or fmic. Terrible performance and IAT will be through the roof on a summer day driving in town, or any spirited driving and cause the motor to want to detonate pretty easy at that point. Remember, if this is a base stage 1 system (which is sounds like it is) then there is no timing retard to compensate for high IAT. Until you address this, don't bother with bolt on mods for even more power or more boost. Once you get that accomplished then it depends on how far you want to take it/power you want. If you want to stay with the same stage 1 set up/rrfpr then you can get a VAFC NEO and lower vtec to increase mid range power and in doing so will need to increase the fuel pressure to add more fuel in the mid range with the new lowered vtec and trim fuel down low and up on top to compensate where it will be apparent its needed at that point. But before this you need to invest in a wideband/afr gauge so you can see your afr and properly street tune it. Next level, full EMS. At that point you might as well up the boost and get bigger injectors and ditch the rrfpr. You will need a clutch beyond about 8psi though so keep that in mind as well. But again, none of this until you get an aftercooler or fmic to keep IAT in check.
Is ditching the rrfpr with an AEM ems and swapping them back in the future easily done? Would any adjustments need to be made after the swap and going to stock injectors?

Quick Reply: Hi all, Im back