S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

HKS GT Supercharger Pro Kit

Old 02-19-2013, 04:50 AM

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default HKS GT Supercharger Pro Kit

It appears that the HKS supercharger ($4,725+ Hondata Flashpro for $690) is now on sale in the USA. There are a couple of shops taking orders. Peak power output is rated at 324hp / 221tq to the wheels but I have learned that HKS plans to offer stage upgrades in the future. In addition, this setup has set the record for the fastest street tire time ever at Buttonwillow Raceway at the Global Time Attack event last November.

As someone who doesn't know much about forced induction, I'd like to know why you would go with HKS over SOS or SOS over HKS. I am looking for a reliablie setup with low maintenance and just setup and be done with it. Also, my goal is to be around the 380-400hp mark in the future. Any thoughts which one I should go with?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:28 AM

Received 28 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by pwrinxs
It appears that the HKS supercharger ($4,725+ Hondata Flashpro for $690) is now on sale in the USA. There are a couple of shops taking orders. Peak power output is rated at 324hp / 221tq to the wheels but I have learned that HKS plans to offer stage upgrades in the future. In addition, this setup has set the record for the fastest street tire time ever at Buttonwillow Raceway at the Global Time Attack event last November.

As someone who doesn't know much about forced induction, I'd like to know why you would go with HKS over SOS or SOS over HKS. I am looking for a reliablie setup with low maintenance and just setup and be done with it. Also, my goal is to be around the 380-400hp mark in the future. Any thoughts which one I should go with?
Just one thought, since HKS USA is "no more," it could possibly be harder/take longer (do not know for sure) to get spare HKS parts. Also not sure how many parts in the kit might be completely HKS specific, but I digress.

All of the centrifugal kits seem to be very good, and have similar powerbands. If your goal is ~400whp, then I say why not go with the setup that has been repeatedly proven to go that far, reliably? SoS Stage 2, with 1200 non SL. I'd also do the upgraded heat exchanger personally.
Old 02-19-2013, 08:47 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

As someone who doesn't know much about forced induction, I'd like to know why you would go with HKS over SOS or SOS over HKS.
I wouldn’t choose this kit over SOS. SOS is tried and true, reliable, delivers a higher level of performance capability, and support and parts availability is good.

Design or equipment wise, I haven’t seen anything the HKS kit offers that is any better or different then what’s already been done, but it does appear to be less when it comes to output potential. If your dead set on a rotrex blower, just go with a KW or TTS kit. If cost is a factor then there is a possible reason to go with HKS. They do seem to be reasonably priced. But again id just go with SOS kit.

Now if some company came out with a new roots kit, that was a step up in refinement and power potential form the old SOT kit, now you would have a reason to jump ship. What ever company takes that on, will make some serious sales.
Old 03-02-2013, 02:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HKS ftw! Someone hurry up n get this kit so we can get some feedback...
Old 03-02-2013, 10:04 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

this is just like kraftwerks kit, with a c30.
if this is c38, than that's a total different story lol.
Old 11-22-2018, 04:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have the instructions on how to change the Traction fluid? As mine is due for a fluid and filter change. I have seen some YouTube videos of guys with KW KIT. Where they unplug the return and put it into a bucket and start the car.. as the old fluid returns you add fresh fluid to the resivoir is that correct?
Old 11-22-2018, 05:59 AM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by profit_child
Does anyone have the instructions on how to change the Traction fluid? As mine is due for a fluid and filter change. I have seen some YouTube videos of guys with KW KIT. Where they unplug the return and put it into a bucket and start the car.. as the old fluid returns you add fresh fluid to the resivoir is that correct?

Start at 5:22
Old 11-24-2018, 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by s200082
HKS ftw! Someone hurry up n get this kit so we can get some feedback...
HKS kit install on ap1 uk drive by wire 2.0
I finally get back to my car in a little over a week (almost a year since last drive)
I will be finishing the tune and fitting w/m injection
will upload some dyno graphs and hopefully some video pulls on the street too if I can

Old 11-24-2018, 03:00 PM

The kit is very easy to install, leisurely weekend project (half day)

Why is this setup so fast round button willow?

The 2000 is a mid engine car
The HKS kit is the only one that keeps the car mid engine which helps maintain the balance of the car and also has great throttle response
As soon as you hang weight forward of the front suspension like all the other kits you will compromise handling

The most powerful cars don't always win on a track but often mask inferior driving skill

My turbo car produces way more power but is hard to recognise as a s2000 driving experience but is crazy fast which is fun

The SOS kit will produce more than 100 whp over the HKS and for most people be the better faster street car