S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

IAT Sensor - Where is yours?

Old 06-28-2012, 07:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Once moving the IAT to the intercooler pipe do you think it would be necessary to get re-tuned?
Old 06-29-2012, 01:23 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Oh good stuff

Oh looks like i was right but didn't expect a difference to that extent!, my reference to the stock IAT getting dirty, it DOES but only in the stock location (intake manifold). I know this as i have removed it before but yes as you say its 'unlikely' to affect the temps, reliability i dont know.

I think this is valid to an extent and was worth mentioning, in a mechanical seal (carbon lip+spring) based superchargers (comptech etc) they are by design, supposed to leak a little oil to lubricate where it sits against the washer on the output shaft, this is going to be forced through the throttle body - where you have now placed the relocated IAT.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:15 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by s2konroids
Oh good stuff

Oh looks like i was right but didn't expect a difference to that extent!, my reference to the stock IAT getting dirty, it DOES but only in the stock location (intake manifold). I know this as i have removed it before but yes as you say its 'unlikely' to affect the temps, reliability i dont know.

I think this is valid to an extent and was worth mentioning, in a mechanical seal (carbon lip+spring) based superchargers (comptech etc) they are by design, supposed to leak a little oil to lubricate where it sits against the washer on the output shaft, this is going to be forced through the throttle body - where you have now placed the relocated IAT.

There is also a reason turbo guy check for oil in charge pipes and intake manifold.
Old 04-12-2013, 06:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Here is a thought about the issue. If its been discussed, my apology. What if the same concept of the Hondata intake Mani gasket could be used for this? Simply placing some type of non metallic spacer between the sensor and intake manifold. I'm no engineer so who knows if I'm speaking jibberish
Old 04-12-2013, 03:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowSi
Here is a thought about the issue. If its been discussed, my apology. What if the same concept of the Hondata intake Mani gasket could be used for this? Simply placing some type of non metallic spacer between the sensor and intake manifold. I'm no engineer so who knows if I'm speaking jibberish

Reading through the whole thread, that was exactly my thoughts. Sensor get heated from one side (manifold) and cooled from the air stream. Then we close the throtle and IATs skyrocket.

Maybe I try this (cut an old hondata gasket) and the sensor shave to increase response of the sensor and report back.

I live in a warm climate and most days my IAT reads 50-60 degrees Celsius. According to the table posted earlier, 4 degrees retard is pretty significant if it can be avoided.
Old 04-17-2013, 07:22 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SlowSi
The sensor element itself isn't in contact with the manifold, just the housing. I don't think that would make much of a difference.

I made the sensor modifications last year and it worked out great. I guess I should update this thread (or make a new one) with my findings.
Old 04-17-2013, 08:37 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ yeah, that.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by spectacle
Originally Posted by 1SlowSi' timestamp='1365776838' post='22469317
The sensor element itself isn't in contact with the manifold, just the housing. I don't think that would make much of a difference.

I made the sensor modifications last year and it worked out great. I guess I should update this thread (or make a new one) with my findings.
If you make a new thread please link it here! I modded a sensor like you talked about in the other thread but keep forgetting it at work, so I haven't put it on yet. But would love to see how you did yours...

here's mine:

Name:  IMAG1711_zps0a37a3f7.jpg
Views: 369
Size:  18.3 KB

Are we talking about the same thing?
Old 01-19-2016, 03:04 PM

bumping old thread lmao
does it idle better now after u strip it?
Old 01-20-2016, 10:14 AM

T1 Race has some very nice air (and water) temp sensors with a built on Deutsch DTM connector. Very responsive and great quality...not surprising coming from T1

Quick Reply: IAT Sensor - Where is yours?