S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

inline pro, or ultimate racing?

Old 02-20-2005, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default inline pro, or ultimate racing?

I'm pretty new to the hopping up s2k's but I know I like turbo, and my car lacks torque, from what I've read the best turbo kits are the inline pro and ultimate racing. just wondering what the differences are, and the big one, which costs more?
also 2 other questions
is the vafc good
or do you really need to upgrade to the ems when pushing the envelope?
also, how much does the compression ratio drop "static" when that 3mm headgasket is installed?
sooo many questions.....
thanks in advance guys
Old 02-20-2005, 08:52 AM

I have the Ultimate Racing kit. I liked how it was pieced together with a few more quality parts than Inline's kit.
The cost of each is about the same.

VAFC is a poor method of fuel management. Even if you got UR's kit, I suggest even ditching their Emanage setup and get the AEM EMS.

The 3mm gasket should lower the compression to about 9:1

Try www.inlinepro.com and www.ultimate-racing.com and it lists in detail what each kit includes.

Keep in mind that the hp figures can still get pretty close on UR's setup running the 3mm gasket also.

Either way you go definitely try and get the standalone. Tuning is the most important part of any setup. Regardless of which kit you get, it will be worthless without a good tune.
Old 02-20-2005, 11:07 AM

im gonna have to say those are both mid grade kits. if you want real bad ass, go with the lovefab kit, or the fullrace kit. those are built the way turbo kits should be. and by people who fabricate for a living. the other sidenote is, stand alone is the ONLY way you can go with turbo. vafc, emanage, all that is a no no. people are getting away with it, but for 100% assurance. there is no other way.
anyways. my .002. lates dave
Old 02-20-2005, 11:09 AM

full race doesnt make a tkit right now they offer a manifold and downpipe. you have to special order it! and pay BIG$$$$$
Old 02-20-2005, 12:23 PM

lol, sorry i should have said, *up and coming* kits.
Old 02-21-2005, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by Chitah831' date='Feb 20 2005, 09:52 AM
I have the Ultimate Racing kit. I liked how it was pieced together with a few more quality parts than Inline's kit.
The cost of each is about the same.

VAFC is a poor method of fuel management. Even if you got UR's kit, I suggest even ditching their Emanage setup and get the AEM EMS.

The 3mm gasket should lower the compression to about 9:1

Try www.inlinepro.com and www.ultimate-racing.com and it lists in detail what each kit includes.

Keep in mind that the hp figures can still get pretty close on UR's setup running the 3mm gasket also.

Either way you go definitely try and get the standalone. Tuning is the most important part of any setup. Regardless of which kit you get, it will be worthless without a good tune.
Hey chita is your kit carb legal? I'm looking for a carb legal TURBO kit and so far no luck..... Rev hard's kit is still pending
Old 02-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Former Moderator

Received 290 Likes on 269 Posts

There are no CARB approved turbo kits. To be CARB approved, it can't replace the stock PCM, or be user programmable. All the Greddy CARB approved turbo kits for other car use a locked E-manage for that reason.
Old 02-22-2005, 05:29 AM

i'd go with lovefab over inlin pro. if you want to make a lot of power, just use inline pro's headgasket with the lovefab kit. the lovefab just uses better components (what's up with the toy bov on the inline pro?) plus the love fab comes with an aem ems, although with the $1,200 difference you could buy an aem with the inline pro, but you'd still have the same low quality turbo components.
Old 02-24-2005, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by Slows2k,Feb 22 2005, 12:08 AM
There are no CARB approved turbo kits. To be CARB approved, it can't replace the stock PCM, or be user programmable. All the Greddy CARB approved turbo kits for other car use a locked E-manage for that reason.
greddy turbo kits also have internal wastegates to my knowledge.....

as for which kit i would pick.. i would pick the lovefab turbo with the inline 3mm headgasket..... you have to get the 3mm headgasket from inline because they have the rights to it.....
Old 02-25-2005, 08:13 AM

I bought the Ultimate Racing kit from them a year ago and had some overboosting issues in the beginning (old style turbo setup ie. wastegate in the wrong spot). Once I identified the problem they offered to move the wastegate to the mani to fix my problem. I havent had any issues with it and plan on making some serious boost with it.

I did ditch the emanage though and went with the EMS from the start, thats by far the most important thing to do.

I havent delt with Inline Pro, but I can tell you that UR's customer service is the best I have delt with in a long time. They have a long time customer for making sure I was taken care of.

Quick Reply: inline pro, or ultimate racing?