S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Issues with supercharged s2k

Old 11-03-2018, 12:59 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Issues with supercharged s2k need help!

hey guys so recently my car (2003) with a V2 vortech and Hondata ecu has been misfiring. I assumed it was bad coils or the stock spark plugs that Billman installed when I brought it to him for the first misfire issue that turned out to be a bad coil. So the misfire came back (he gave me an old coil to get me on my way) so I did all new coil packs. Everything was good but the car would kind of hesitate if I pushed it hard in the upper rpms. Recently the car had another misfire and left me stranded. So I just switched to a colder plug and now the car won’t even start. (It wouldn’t stay running with the stock grade spark plugs either). Here is a video, tell me what you think because the car is stuck in my drive way. Thanks !

FYI, the spark plugs Billman put in the car (stock spec) were black toward the lower threads when I pulled them out.

Last edited by 2015GTRBE; 11-03-2018 at 01:35 PM.
Old 11-03-2018, 05:19 PM

Received 80 Likes on 60 Posts

what happens if you give it throttle, will it stay running?
Old 11-03-2018, 06:14 PM

\start with a compression test and post results
Old 11-04-2018, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
what happens if you give it throttle, will it stay running?
it will stay longer but not long.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:08 PM

If you got a buddy with a s2k try swapping injectors. If I were you I would also go over the wiring to the cam sensors in the valve cover as well as to the injectors and coils make sure no wiring damage.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by s2000ellier
If you got a buddy with a s2k try swapping injectors. If I were you I would also go over the wiring to the cam sensors in the valve cover as well as to the injectors and coils make sure no wiring damage.
ill have a look... I bought a compression tester but I think it’s the fuel pump for some reason. It whines loud during ignition and I saw a YouTube video where a failed fuel pump gave the same misfire Subaru sound. I think I’ll spray starting fluid in the throttle body to test. Will update tomorrow
Old 11-05-2018, 04:02 PM

The fuel pump should be audible at key on, it should prime for several seconds. Since the video started after key on I couldn't listen for it. I think those plugs look fine btw. Trying different injectors is going to be much simpler than changing the fuel pump IMO. But if you don't have anyone to swap with a pump is cheaper than injectors.
Old 11-05-2018, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by 2015GTRBE

ill have a look... I bought a compression tester but I think it’s the fuel pump for some reason. It whines loud during ignition and I saw a YouTube video where a failed fuel pump gave the same misfire Subaru sound. I think I’ll spray starting fluid in the throttle body to test. Will update tomorrow
A squirt of starting fluid (easy start) in the throttle body will answer many questions. if it starts the mechanical side of things and electrical are usually OK. Then its a fuel prob.
If it doesn't start compression test to check the mechanical components
You can put a spark plug in the coil pack and earth the spark plug body to the engine -ve and turn the engine with the ignition key and watch for a spark. You can see if the plugs are sparking. Check for fuel leaks first.

Maybe do another vid after leaving car a while so we can listen to pump and a have a chance to hear more noises

good luck
Old 11-05-2018, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by 2015GTRBE
hey guys so recently my car (2003) with a V2 vortech and Hondata ecu has been misfiring. I assumed it was bad coils or the stock spark plugs that Billman installed when I brought it to him for the first misfire issue that turned out to be a bad coil. So the misfire came back (he gave me an old coil to get me on my way) so I did all new coil packs. Everything was good but the car would kind of hesitate if I pushed it hard in the upper rpms. Recently the car had another misfire and left me stranded. So I just switched to a colder plug and now the car won’t even start. (It wouldn’t stay running with the stock grade spark plugs either). Here is a video, tell me what you think because the car is stuck in my drive way. Thanks !

https://youtu.be/Nm2E-ZTZB8g

FYI, the spark plugs Billman put in the car (stock spec) were black toward the lower threads when I pulled them out.
Are these in order they were removed? Cyls 1 - 4 from left to right?
Can you post a pic with all electrodes facing same way? 1 and 3 look cleaner may be just the light
Old 11-05-2018, 06:37 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My bet is low fuel pressure from a fuel pump on its last legs.

Quick Reply: Issues with supercharged s2k