S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

K tuner - thoughts?

Old 10-25-2018, 06:28 PM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts
Default K tuner - thoughts?

Anyone ever heard of this thing? / has experience tuning with it?

Planning on picking up a car that was tuned with it. Worth buying a Flashpro instead and trying to sell this thing?

Old 10-26-2018, 05:37 AM

Received 1,134 Likes on 997 Posts

The V2 version looks interesting. And new so there may not be much experience with it. There's a good deal of experience and data with FlashPro.

You may be the "first penguin" here.

-- Chuck
Old 10-30-2018, 05:01 AM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

The 10th gen guys are ditching the flashpro in favor of the v2 in droves. I don't have any experience with it on the S platform, but have messed with one in a friends 18 Si and it seems pretty nice.
Old 10-30-2018, 11:47 AM
Spotter

Received 277 Likes on 232 Posts

Originally Posted by illestrolla
The 10th gen guys are ditching the flashpro in favor of the v2 in droves. I don't have any experience with it on the S platform, but have messed with one in a friends 18 Si and it seems pretty nice.
Interesting - seems like SOS is their exclusive distributor for the s2000. They now sell their stage 2 kits with the k-tuner when you buy the whole package from them.

About to buy a car that was tuned with a k-tuner and the dyno AFR plot is a little suspect - couple of spikes up closer to 14:1. Wondering if it's a tuner issue or a software / EMS capability thing.

Seems like the biggest difference between the K-tuner and Flashpro is
1. Flashpro has bluetooth that allows you to use your phone as a gauge pod for the basics. K-tuner requires you to upgrade to the K-touch which is it's standalone screen
2. Flashpro allows for live tuning, K-tuner does not
3. K-tuner seems to do better with readiness codes for emissions - anecdotal from a thread I read but sounds promising for the obd2 emissions folks out there

Final big thing is that the big name tuners still seem to be pro flashpro. K-tuner isn't big in the scene so I'm tempted to just swap over and sell the k-tuner

https://www.scienceofspeed.com/index...all-years.html
Old 10-30-2018, 12:57 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Id put my bottom dollar on tuner. I was tuned on Ktuner touch on my 07 and the closed open loop AFRs were awesome.

I am selling mine though if anyone is interested with the flex fuel converter included. Not trying to sell you on it but figured id add that and comment about it haha. I swapped my engine at 91k on the chassis back in July.
Old 10-31-2018, 01:32 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I’m seriously considering scrapping my flashpro and going with the ktuner myslef. I, like many others, have readiness codes that simply will not set, and all hondata’s “stellar” customer service has to say about it is “we will not answer any emissions related questions...”. From the research that I’ve done it seems that ktuner does not have this issue, and I can still use my hondata 4port boost control solenoid, so that’s a plus! I would just have to wire it differently.
Also the flex fuel option is really tempting for down the line.
Old 10-31-2018, 07:13 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by ikidomari
I’m seriously considering scrapping my flashpro and going with the ktuner myslef. I, like many others, have readiness codes that simply will not set, and all hondata’s “stellar” customer service has to say about it is “we will not answer any emissions related questions...”. From the research that I’ve done it seems that ktuner does not have this issue, and I can still use my hondata 4port boost control solenoid, so that’s a plus! I would just have to wire it differently.
Also the flex fuel option is really tempting for down the line.
Have a local friend in the same boat. Has a flashpro AP2 and can't get monitors to set.
Old 11-01-2018, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by illestrolla
Have a local friend in the same boat. Has a flashpro AP2 and can't get monitors to set.
X3 I F@#king hate flashpro for emissions!
Old 11-02-2018, 03:33 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I think it's a better option for flash tuners, 8th, 9th and 10th gen guys are all switching to them. Their daughterboard ECUs on the other hand have very bad reviews in the K-series world.
Old 11-04-2018, 02:38 PM

I just picked one up so will let you know how it works out. Might be a little bit though bc I’m going to also swap out a few other things as funds allow: return system, 450 pump and 1700x injectors. Shooting for 500-550whp on 93. Should be doable.

Quick Reply: K tuner - thoughts?