S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.
View Poll Results: Which intercooler finish is most desired?
Polished with Logo (Standard)
6.52%
Polished without Logo (Blank)
41.30%
Black
52.17%
Voters: 46. You may not vote on this poll

Kraftwerks Supercharger Kit, New and Old

Old 02-27-2015, 02:59 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kraftwerks Supercharger Kit, New and Old

Hello All,

CJ here! I want to apologize ahead of time for the length of the post!

I've been seeing quite a few threads pop up recently, undoubtedly due to @Moddiction and their kick-ass group-buy they offered which moved a TON of kits and I believe is still going.
With that said, I want to make sure that everyone knows that if they have ANY questions or concerns with the kit, whether it's before or after the purchase, I am here to help where I can.

I can be contacted via PM here or via Direct Email → cjweidl@group-a-eng.com ← I'll try my absolute best to respond within 24 hours via email / pm, much faster if I can help it but especially during this 'Tax Baller' season, you can imagine all of our bandwidth here is pretty soaked up.

I am working with my team here to finalize the sets of revised instructions to include the new drive-system information as well as the updated brackets to be mounted on both sides of the cylinder head, alleviating that center mounted piece off of those 2 mounting points on the front of the motor.

This is the drive-system as it is currently with the kits as well as the drop down size options;

Here is the standard formula to find out the impeller speed:
Impeller RPM = RPM Engine MAX x Crank Pulley Dia. x Rotrex Ratio / Supercharger Pulley Dia.
For Example: 9350 (RPM ENGINE MAX AP1) x 128 (Crank Pulley) x 7.50 (C38 Ratio) / 100 (Supercharger Pulley) = 89,760 RPM @ Impeller.

For those with some custom setup or an RPM that isn't noted, use this:
Pulley Dia. Supercharger = RPM Engine MAX x Crank Pulley Dia. x Rotrex Ratio / Impeller RPM
For Example: 9350 (RPM Engine Max AP1) x 128 (Crank Pulley) x 7.50 (C38 Ratio) / 90,000 (C38 Max Impeller) = 99.73 → 100

AP1 Comes with 128mm Crank + 100mm S/C Pulley for 9350Rpm Redline @ Approx 12.5psi → 89,760 @ Impeller
Option 1. AP1 128mm Crank + 95mm S/C Pulley for 8900Rpm Redline @ Approx 14.5psi → 89,937 @ Impeller
Option 2. AP1 128mm Crank + 90mm S/C Pulley for 8450Rpm Redline @ Approx 16.5psi → 90,133 @ Impeller

AP2 Comes with 128mm Crank + 90mm S/C Pulley for 8400Rpm Redline @ Approx 13psi → 89,600 @ Impeller
Option 1. AP2 128mm Crank + 85mm S/C Pulley for 8000Rpm Redline @ Approx 14.5psi → 90,353 @ Impeller
Option 2. AP2 128mm Crank + 80mm S/C Pulley for 7500Rpm Redline @ Approx 16.5psi → 90,000 @ Impeller

These pulleys are available directly for $89.99 MSRP and any of our Authorized Dealers will have access to them as well, just most likely not IMMEDIATELY In-Stock.

*Note: These RPM Figures are what the CHARGER is spec'd to go to, not necessarily where the car may be going to, this is more towards the standard pulley options*

Note, some of the 'high-boost' options will slightly overspin the supercharger. You'll also find that some users are seeing much higher boost than what our approximate boost figures were.
If the system is congested at all meaning, stock header, oe cat, stock or smaller exhaust, etc. the boost figures will be higher. It's certainly not impossible to see the 20+ psi on the setup but could be making the same power as a car at 16lbs, just with more free-flowing parts. The same is to be said about any forced induction setup whether it be turbo or supercharger.

If you have a kit with the OLD Drive System Setup (100mm Crank, 80 or 70mm S/C), and the older side-mounting brackets AND you are the original owner of the kit, PLEASE CONTACT me so I can get you upgraded to the proper equipment. If you are a second-hand owner, we can still work out a discounted value for the upgrade! ← I have attached the blown-up drawings of the revised drive-system as well as the bracket upgrade so the information is consolidated here as opposed to having some of the awesome users continuing to share with each new thread that posts up.

If there's anything left out, please let me know!

If ANYONE has CONSTRUCTIVE input regarding the instructions and is willing to work with me by outlining specific points for me to potentially incorporate into the instructions to make things easier and more convenient for everyone, please reserve that comment STRICTLY for email. We can discuss those changes outside of the boards.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
S2000 AP1 pulley upgrade kit.PDF (182.6 KB, 138 views)
S2000 AP2 pulley upgrade kit.PDF (180.4 KB, 160 views)
Old 02-27-2015, 03:50 PM

This is a great post and I'm glad to see Kraftwerks stand by their product and they are willing to help anyone having an issue.

Just curious, will there ever be an option to get the intercooler without the logo on it? Personally I think the look of the plain intercooler is much cleaner so I am spending some time trying to remove the logo from mine.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by The Machine
This is a great post and I'm glad to see Kraftwerks stand by their product and they are willing to help anyone having an issue.

Just curious, will there ever be an option to get the intercooler without the logo on it? Personally I think the look of the plain intercooler is much cleaner so I am spending some time trying to remove the logo from mine.
This COULD be possible... I mean we want to advertise our product as much as possible to gain further exposure but certainly understand that not every customer wants to be that poster for us! lol. I will have to see as I believe we either have this applied before they arrive to us. If they are after the fact, I may work towards having a few without. Some of the I/C options, like for the Civic are converting to Black with a White logo.
Old 02-27-2015, 04:03 PM

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

+1 for no logo n blacked out option would be cool.

Hope everyone with known issues and/or input to fix issues with instructions can chime in. This could be a great collaboration of actual users on the boards with this kit.
Old 02-27-2015, 09:49 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

CJ I'm sending you a PM. I already have quite a few notes and can give some specific recommendations on the instructions as well.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

as always CJ is a great friend! always helping all the poeple with ANY problem and concern...!

Kraftwerks FTW !!!
Old 03-02-2015, 10:44 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Memo6453
+1 for no logo n blacked out option would be cool.

Hope everyone with known issues and/or input to fix issues with instructions can chime in. This could be a great collaboration of actual users on the boards with this kit.
That's what I'm hoping for. I've received 1 PM thus far from @habitforming whose thread is going to serve great purpose in my campaign to get issues sorted. So long as the community knows that they have a direct line of communication with the company, through me, I am happy. I want people to know they can contact me with issues, comments or even praise! ha.

I'm also working on figuring out a way to have some blanks held, black is also an option.
We have also entertained the option of blank but include a stencil JUST in case the consumer wants to pop the logo on there, etc.

Originally Posted by Habitforming
CJ I'm sending you a PM. I already have quite a few notes and can give some specific recommendations on the instructions as well.
Received!!!

Originally Posted by Nik2k
as always CJ is a great friend! always helping all the poeple with ANY problem and concern...!

Kraftwerks FTW !!!
Thank you @Nik2k !
Old 03-02-2015, 09:26 PM

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

What if we just ordered and our kit hasn't shipped out yet or just shipped out and we want to
Change to black or blank intercooler? Is that a possibility?
Old 03-03-2015, 09:14 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by michaelnyden
What if we just ordered and our kit hasn't shipped out yet or just shipped out and we want to
Change to black or blank intercooler? Is that a possibility?
I MAY be able to make this happen.
Most are sprayed / coated as soon as they arrive at our facility.
FYI - Blank would be the only option, if I can do it. No black would be available at this time.

PM or Email me your complete details from the order so I can check on the order and see if this is something I can do for you.
Old 03-03-2015, 09:21 AM
Former Sponsor

Added a POLL to the first post regarding Intercooler finish seeing as this is NOT the first inquiry I've had regarding changing the intercooler for something without the logo.

Please let me know your thoughts! If the decision is unanimous, then I may be able to convert the 'standard' to that option. No promises, but this information will help me present the case to deliver the S2000 community, exactly what they want.

Quick Reply: Kraftwerks Supercharger Kit, New and Old