S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Making a 4-bolt into V-band housing

Old 01-03-2008, 07:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for 150 bucks you could buy a vband housing from www.dezod.com

When you order the downpipe from full race can you have them put the vband flange on the downpipe?
Old 02-04-2008, 02:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Booyah! Wanted to thank you guys and share that I went with a new V-band housing from Full-race. It's... beyond words how much better it is. Utterly the RIGHT way to do it if you aren't going top-mount.

Full-race sent me a V-band turbine housing plus the downpipe. It lined up PERFECTLY. I double checked to ensure each flange was lining up spot-on, and tightened the clamps. Absolutely top-flight. It's SOOOOO much easier to access that one clamp nut. Hats off to Javier at Full-race for setting this up. Very, very happy.

For those of you considering the Full-race kit, pay whatever they charge extra for the V-band setup. You will save the money net, since you'll spend less time in the hospital getting skin grafts for your knuckles and less time at the therapist grousing about having to tighten or access those 4 bolts. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Thanks again for the insights. Best of luck with your boosting....

Stanford
Old 02-04-2008, 02:14 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stantaur,Feb 4 2008, 06:07 PM
Booyah! Wanted to thank you guys and share that I went with a new V-band housing from Full-race. It's... beyond words how much better it is. Utterly the RIGHT way to do it if you aren't going top-mount.

Full-race sent me a V-band turbine housing plus the downpipe. It lined up PERFECTLY. I double checked to ensure each flange was lining up spot-on, and tightened the clamps. Absolutely top-flight. It's SOOOOO much easier to access that one clamp nut. Hats off to Javier at Full-race for setting this up. Very, very happy.

For those of you considering the Full-race kit, pay whatever they charge extra for the V-band setup. You will save the money net, since you'll spend less time in the hospital getting skin grafts for your knuckles and less time at the therapist grousing about having to tighten or access those 4 bolts. TOTALLY WORTH IT.

Thanks again for the insights. Best of luck with your boosting....

Stanford
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE post pictures
Info on this, $, anything else you can think of?

Marcus
Old 02-04-2008, 08:33 PM

Will post pics tomorrow afternoon. Don't have my turbine/downpipe to block brace on yet. Once that's done, I should be pretty good as far as near-stock reliability -- safety wired the T3 flange bolts, nice banjo bolts for water cooling, awesome oil supply/restrictor (and thermal shielding for it) and oil return. Pics of the setup as-is are in my signature if that's of any interest. Nice to be rolling again...

Best,
Stanford
Old 02-04-2008, 09:47 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I switched my housing and modified my downpipe for vband and I am very happy that I did as well
Old 02-05-2008, 05:01 AM

You can get these at ATPTurbo. com for under 300 bucks

Old 02-05-2008, 06:54 PM

Apologies for the delay. Here are a few pics of the V-band housing / downpipe, Helmholtz resonator, Vibrant 3" resonator, etc. Extra credit for the safety wire on teh 4 T3 flange bolts and for dumping the wastegate back into the exhaust stream (muffled and quiet...) Helmholtz "tee" cancels out a LOT of drone on the highway -- my car's as quiet as stock at cruise, with a full 3" 22 pound single exhaust....

Gallery of 3076R S2000

Looks like there's no way to affix a normal image URL from the gallery, so please click on the link & look at the shots at your leisure.

Thanks,
Stanford
Old 03-21-2008, 11:37 AM

[QUOTE=stantaur,Feb 4 2008, 03:07 PM]Full-race sent me a V-band turbine housing plus the downpipe.
Old 03-21-2008, 03:00 PM

on an absolutely wonderful product. V-band really makes it perfect / OEM stock solidity and wayyyyy better serviceability in the unlikely event that you need to remove things.

Makes great power, no noticeable vibes (considering that ANY manifold is somewhat of a spring, and hanging a turbo hung off of it complicates harmonics -- Full-race's design does very well in this respect), always attracts compliments whether it's at the car show, autocross or drag strip (123 MPH trap speed on gentle 2500 RPM launch & granny shifts).

Stanford
Old 03-21-2008, 03:25 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by Full Race Geoff,Mar 21 2008, 12:37 PM
thanks for the kind words, glad we were able to meet or exceed your expectations. I agree that for the GT turbos, vband turbine housing/DP is the way to go! when we first designed the S2000 kit, these housings were not even available.

Since then we have made a few different updates, and for anyone interested in our products, I 100% agree vband makes a lot more sense, as long as it is an available option. Vband is only available on our stage2GT and stage3GT (GT30R and GT35R) since the other turbochargers are available only as 4 bolt outlets
You don't happen to offer the Tial v-band housings as an option, do you?

Tim

Quick Reply: Making a 4-bolt into V-band housing