S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

the most COMPLETE FI kit...

Old 08-23-2013, 11:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default the most COMPLETE FI kit...

Straight to the point- I am seeing what is available as far as COMPLETE kits out there... To be honest, I am not the most patient of people- if I purchase a "kit" I expect it to have all the required parts from start to finish to get the project running. Obviously other people/businesses do not quite see eye to eye with me, so I am seeking out the opinions of my fellow S2Ki members!

What turbo kits or supercharger kits have you found to be the most complete? I've heard plenty about the quality of the various kits out there, but not much on this exact subject..

tl;dr I don't want to pay $7,000+ for a kit and need to purchase $3,000+ in parts to even drive the vehicle with the aforementioned kit.

Which is the best! Let's hear it!

Jim
Old 08-23-2013, 11:44 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Probably just contact the shop for the kit you want to purchase and make sure they include everything you need to slap it on and install. Keep in mind this is gonna probably put you thousands over the listed price for the "kit."

Most "kits" are going to be missing engine management and a fuel system. Also depending on what your goals are, you may need to upgrade other parts first as well (like the clutch).

With that said, the most complete kits are probably going to be SOS for superchargers, and PTuning for turbo kits
Old 08-23-2013, 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by liquid_helix136
"just contact the shop for the kit you want to purchase"

Most "kits" are going to be missing engine management and a fuel system. Also depending on what your goals are, you may need to upgrade other parts first as well (like the clutch).

With that said, the most complete kits are probably going to be SOS for superchargers, and PTuning for turbo kits
Thanks for chiming in; I was hoping to get an idea of which kits include the most before I got the shop contacting portion

I've got a buddy with the stage 2 from InlinePro and he is a little flustered with all the extras he needed to purchase on top of the $6,995 for the kit-- filter relocation, heat wrap for a/c lines, ect
Though the quality is definitely there with the kit, his (thus far) $12,000 parts list is turning me towards the SOS kit stage 2. I suppose I should have mentioned in the original post that I'm not expecting the kit to come with fuel/EMS/clutch though.

Thanks for the tip!
Old 08-24-2013, 02:34 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Yea expect to at least have to pick up an EMS, injectors, fuel pump and clutch. If you go turbo, be mindful of what is needed to be relocated to make it work as well. That's what put me off on the turbo kits. The SOS, PTuning and Trackforged turbo kits are my favorites, they all come relatively complete minus the aforementioned. Trackforged requires no relocations, but the manifold won't spool the turbo as fast as the others, and they require you to tap the girdle rather than the pan for the return.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:04 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Honestly, I don't think any of the turbo kits are "OEM" complete, but the Ptuning and SOS are the closest. I like SOS's design the most however, unless I'm missing something (and I very well may), I can say with a good amount of certainty the unprotected water lines are going to get cooked by the turbine's heat. I'd much rather a hard line by the turbo to a soft line to the block. Also, as mentioned in many threads, it's just best to get the ATP wrap (pricey) for the turbine.
Old 08-24-2013, 03:11 AM

Call toan at ptuning... the guy will talk your ear off with helpful insight. .. ptuning kit is great, I didn't relocate a thing... intercooler even fits without cutting anything. They sometimes have a special call price then the site...

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 4
Old 08-24-2013, 04:09 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Keep in mind with alot of kits, they are complete to a point. Some put the turbo near the valve cover which then requires relocation of the battery and fuse box. They will say ac compatible but may very well need ac relocation lines (sold by a member on here). Most kits will require relocation or at the very least heat shielding of things to help with reliability. Supercharger kits will require A LOT less work and I would say more complete then most turbo kits. I do believe most SC kits come with some sort of piggy back so injectors and a pump are the only things needed to run them but you are limited to how much power you can make without a full standalone. Off the top of my head here is what I can think off for least work required.

Turbo
track forged: shouldn't have to move anything but I'd say heat shield the battery and fuse box if you don't want to move them.

ptuning: comes with everything needed. Nothing gets moved and if it does, comes with the kit (like the motor mount need for extra clearance), extremely complete kit but expensive but it's easily one of the best options out there.

SOS TS kit: Same as ptuning kit, but on sale until the 30th.

Inline pro stage 1: I don't think you need to move anything but maybe the oil filter since the turbo is mounted on the bottom (could be wrong), but I think thats included if you do.

I don't know much about SC kits as I never really looked in them much but they are all pretty much the same and are made to run, out the box. I would get the SOS kit if I was going SC though.
Old 08-24-2013, 05:40 AM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

I didn't have to buy a single extra thing for my SoS kit (NOVI 1200 w/ 4.2" pulley for ~9 psi), and the complete kit was about $6k. Granted my car is an AP2, but it came with injectors and Flashpro. I'm not sure what options they have for the AP1, but I had my car tuned to 330whp on a supposedly very low reading dyno; that's on stock exhaust, cat, etc.

I highly recommend anything from SoS...they are pros.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:25 AM

Thanks everyone for the input-- so far the information is pretty much exactly as i expected. I've been looking around at various options for a while and it appears that SOS likes all of their FI solutions to be virtually PnP; minus clutch/fuel/ems upgrades. The pTuning kit caught my eye, but I was curious as to what other members have experienced with the oil scavenging pump? Seems like a lot of extra hassle.. Opinions?

Thanks!

Jim
Old 08-24-2013, 07:45 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by JimEricksen
Thanks everyone for the input-- so far the information is pretty much exactly as i expected. I've been looking around at various options for a while and it appears that SOS likes all of their FI solutions to be virtually PnP; minus clutch/fuel/ems upgrades. The pTuning kit caught my eye, but I was curious as to what other members have experienced with the oil scavenging pump? Seems like a lot of extra hassle.. Opinions?

Thanks!

Jim
I have been very happy with the PTuning kit. Low mount turbo for a quick spool with no engine bay heat issues, although I have added a manifold and turbo blanket (not required but helps). The oil pump is a little noisy at idle but I don't mind. Some people on here are worried about it failing.......I say what happens if your fuel pump fails?? Get a tow and get it fixed!!! I had the oil pump fuse burn out once since I had the kit(fluke failure). Oil light came on and white smoke was coming out of the tailpipe. Shut the car off and changed the fuse. No damage, no problems, and you'll know if it fails.

A motor vehicle is made of hundreds of human inventions that can fail at anytime (why do you think AAA is so popular!).

All I can say with going turbo.....hearing it whistle, blowoff valve, and having all of that power on tap....priceless

Quick Reply: the most COMPLETE FI kit...