S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Need more power.

Old 02-28-2013, 08:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need more power.

Hey guys so ive been boosted for about a year now, around 23k miles on this set up and its been very reliable. Ive never had any real problems with it, but Ive been wanting more power. Heres a link to my build thread, it made 350 rwhp and 230 lb/ft torque at churches here in socal (high reading dyno). build thread few things have changed since like a oil filter relocation etc.

So now I am at 176k miles stock engine and I want more power, and it must be reliable. I drive over 300 miles a week. Im thinking that I would be satisfied with power in the mid 400s. Practical enough for the street, atleast i would hope so. And yes I already have am ACT heavy duty street clutch ready to be put in.

Here are a few options i have been thinking about
1) Ultimate set up (might not be practical to do this now, but maybe in the future due to high cost)
Full Race EFR manifold, with 7670 efr, would need to change downpipe some charge pipes, new lines, etc

2) Higher Boost-Meth injection (much less expensive)
Not sure what the best system is out there, i still need to research meth more, but it sounds like an easy way to run high boost on 91 octane. Concerns would be how safe is it, which systems would you guys recommend. Also im kinda worried about the system failing and blowing something up

3) E85 tune (cheapest way, most hassle)
Run higher boost on the current manifold. But the closest E85 station is 20 mins away. I could use a van and fill up 2 55 gallon drums that i have, but I would probably go through a drum in about 3 weeks. Plus im not sure how i would get the filled drums out of the van and if it is worth the effort.

what do you guys think? Id like to hear your guys's opinions.

thanks
Old 02-28-2013, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dohntaut
Hey guys so ive been boosted for about a year now, around 23k miles on this set up and its been very reliable. Ive never had any real problems with it, but Ive been wanting more power. Heres a link to my build thread, it made 350 rwhp and 230 lb/ft torque at churches here in socal (high reading dyno). build thread few things have changed since like a oil filter relocation etc.

So now I am at 176k miles stock engine and I want more power, and it must be reliable. I drive over 300 miles a week. Im thinking that I would be satisfied with power in the mid 400s. Practical enough for the street, atleast i would hope so. And yes I already have am ACT heavy duty street clutch ready to be put in.

Here are a few options i have been thinking about
1) Ultimate set up (might not be practical to do this now, but maybe in the future due to high cost)
Full Race EFR manifold, with 7670 efr, would need to change downpipe some charge pipes, new lines, etc

2) Higher Boost-Meth injection (much less expensive)
Not sure what the best system is out there, i still need to research meth more, but it sounds like an easy way to run high boost on 91 octane. Concerns would be how safe is it, which systems would you guys recommend. Also im kinda worried about the system failing and blowing something up

3) E85 tune (cheapest way, most hassle)
Run higher boost on the current manifold. But the closest E85 station is 20 mins away. I could use a van and fill up 2 55 gallon drums that i have, but I would probably go through a drum in about 3 weeks. Plus im not sure how i would get the filled drums out of the van and if it is worth the effort.

what do you guys think? Id like to hear your guys's opinions.

thanks
I had the same manifold before with the same turbo. That turbo is good for over 500hp on that log mani. Save yourself some money and just retune on E85. Every time i fill up on e85 i bring along three 5 gallon jugs and fill them up. With my full tank and three 5 gallon jugs i get over 450 miles. Another option is to do what i did, just switch to a full-race prostreet mani. If your just looking for 450hp i think the full-race EFR kit is a waste of money.
Old 03-01-2013, 05:31 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

My suggestion was gonna be to just swap manifolds and supporting mods as well. 350 on a log and 350 on a tubular manifold would probably be a pretty big difference on its own. Push the boost to max on pump and even on 91 you'll probably at least hit 400
Old 03-01-2013, 05:48 AM

go with option 1 that you listed
Old 03-01-2013, 07:22 PM

forgot to mention that my turbo is pretty beat up right now, fins are pretty messed up, no shaft play from the last time i checked, but it still makes good power, no smoke either. exhaust side was like that from the beginning and compressor side, well i guess i sucked up something one day.

heres some pics

Old 03-01-2013, 07:38 PM

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Are you f*cking kidding me?

You want something reliable, yet are running around with a compressor that looks like swiss cheese. I can see the oil and metal shavings in the housing.

You're going to have a lot more trouble down the road if anything else happens with that turbo. I wouldn't drive anywhere with that thing in that condition.
Old 03-01-2013, 08:41 PM

that picture was taken about 6+ months ago, ive been driving it every day with no issues. maybe im just lucky, for now?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:35 PM

damn i didn't know your turbo was that beat up. save some money and go for option #1
Old 03-01-2013, 11:44 PM

Received 72 Likes on 63 Posts

you got to be the highest millage stock engine turbo s2000 out there.
i vote for options 1 if you got the $$$. The full race manifold with the twinscroll internal wastegate 7670 EFR would be the ultimate street setup.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:54 PM
Community Organizer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

fyi always check the intake pipe i had a problem like that metal shavings were stuck to the inside of the charge pipe and had to have both turbos rebuilt and have new compressor wheels. it sucked so now i check all the hoses and piping when i install and turbo or supercharger system now. meth works great just get a good kit and make sure you install the warning,activation trouble code light i have mine next to the boost gauge and if i haven't driven the car in a week or two i will get into the boost just a little to get a good prime on the system seems to be more consistant that way i can see the difference on the wide band

Quick Reply: Need more power.