S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

New supercharger kit

Old 10-31-2006, 03:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

is this not the same thing as a centrifugal supercharger, what is the difference
Old 10-31-2006, 03:38 PM

Pretty funny to see this considering JR has continued to say for years that the S2000 volume did not justify a kit. I think they finally realized that there may be fewer S2000s than Integras and Civics, but the owners actually have disposable income and don't live with mommy and daddy anymore
Old 10-31-2006, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dsgs2k3,Oct 31 2006, 04:33 PM
is this not the same thing as a centrifugal supercharger, what is the difference
Apparently its "the best of both worlds". You get low end power and instant throttle response (like a roots) from the "rollers" inside the compressor. And you get high end power, all the way to redline, just like a centrifugal.

I still don't know exactly how it works, but I know it is supposed to be lubricated be some sort of "special" oil and doesn't produce that much heat. I haven't seen a "aftercooler" or intercooler anywhere on the manufacturer's site.

I think the "rollers" inside the compressor act as a mini-roots blower and keep spinning at the same speed at lower RPMs to produce the lower end torque, but I really have no clue.

I'm looking forward to it, but I'm not holding my breath. I'm sure it will find some way to fall through the cracks.
Old 10-31-2006, 04:22 PM

just seems exactly like a centrifugal SC because of the way it runs off a belt to a pulley which spins the impeller and sucks air. dont see how it would create low end torque since there is no way to have it spool up like a turbo since it is being ran off of the engine. correct me if i am wrong
Old 10-31-2006, 04:51 PM
Former Moderator

Received 294 Likes on 273 Posts

The Rotrex uses a planetary gear to step up the impeller speeds. They can get a higher impeller speed with a lower input shaft speed when compared to a traditional gear or ball driven centrifugal.

I'd rock one

Check out Wheel to Wheel, who does work for GM. They have done some very High powered LS1-LS7's with Rotrex units.

http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/t-about-2.aspx
Old 10-31-2006, 04:53 PM
Former Moderator

Received 294 Likes on 273 Posts

http://www.w2wpowertrain.com/t-novabuild-2.aspx
The sleeper Nova they built is a $$ taker
Old 10-31-2006, 05:11 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Perhaps since they started using the new SC they found they could get the performance and drivability they wanted at a cost they could market as a true bolt-on kit. Or the used S2000 market has put enough cars into the hands of the their target audience.

I never went with a centrifugal because it was lacking on the bottom end (ok my personal opinion) and turbo just seems like to much work and $$$. I have had JRSC's on a GSR and an ITR and loved them - great power and no problems from a company with excellent customer service.

Bet this kit will install easier than a Comptech and go like hell.

Old 10-31-2006, 06:36 PM
Banned

I called and the guy said on Monday there will be more info Since Oscar is at Sema.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by WLAURENT,Oct 31 2006, 09:11 PM
Perhaps since they started using the new SC they found they could get the performance and drivability they wanted at a cost they could market as a true bolt-on kit. Or the used S2000 market has put enough cars into the hands of the their target audience.

I never went with a centrifugal because it was lacking on the bottom end (ok my personal opinion) and turbo just seems like to much work and $$$. I have had JRSC's on a GSR and an ITR and loved them - great power and no problems from a company with excellent customer service.

Bet this kit will install easier than a Comptech and go like hell.
It's not personal opinion...I'm a Comptech guy and I admit there's no bottom end power. However, I doubt you're going to find an easier install for an FI setup. Sorry.
Old 10-31-2006, 06:40 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jimbo,Oct 31 2006, 04:38 PM
Pretty funny to see this considering JR has continued to say for years that the S2000 volume did not justify a kit. I think they finally realized that there may be fewer S2000s than Integras and Civics, but the owners actually have disposable income and don't live with mommy and daddy anymore

Quick Reply: New supercharger kit