S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Noob's turbo build part list

Old 03-22-2018, 01:12 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Noob's turbo build part list

Hey guys, starting to amass parts for my turbo build. They include:

- GTX3076R Gen 2
- Inline Pro Stage Two Turbo kit
- ID 1300's
- SOS return fuel conversion kit
- 4 bar MAP
- Walbro 450
- AEM Infinity
- SOS Sport 400 clutch
- Shmucks catch can
- Inline Pro oil relocation
- gaugeART CAN gauge
- 3 port boos selenoid

Shooting for 450-500 at the wheels. I think I'm just going to wait for my rear diff to implode before replacing it. Thoughts? Am I missing anything obvious?

Last edited by nshoes; 03-27-2018 at 05:25 AM. Reason: changing the build
Old 03-22-2018, 01:50 PM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Solid setup. What stage inlinepro kit did you get? Also are you going to be running pump, e85, or flex?

I'm sure you have it already but a fuel pump and one step colder ngk spark plugs would be needed. And correct me if I'm wrong, but a 4 bar map sensor would be ideal. Also a 3 port boost solenoid if you're planning on running boost control by gear/speed.

As for the fuel pump, stick with the walbro450 if you haven't gotten one already. I believe its the largest capable drop in fuel pump available for our cars.
Old 03-22-2018, 03:58 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

What manifold r u gonna run?
Old 03-22-2018, 06:20 PM

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

450-500 Stock Diff should be fine

Buy some decent tires and don't send it every stop light.
Old 03-23-2018, 03:22 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

If you're going to use the meth kit to run more boost or more aggressive timing, get the failsafe. It works.
Old 03-23-2018, 07:51 AM

Originally Posted by Mijae007
Solid setup. What stage inlinepro kit did you get? Also are you going to be running pump, e85, or flex?

I'm sure you have it already but a fuel pump and one step colder ngk spark plugs would be needed. And correct me if I'm wrong, but a 4 bar map sensor would be ideal. Also a 3 port boost solenoid if you're planning on running boost control by gear/speed.

As for the fuel pump, stick with the walbro450 if you haven't gotten one already. I believe its the largest capable drop in fuel pump available for our cars.
Stage two. Pump fuel because there are no e85 pumps within 20 minutes of me

Why colder spark plugs? You're right after doing the math a 4 bar is ideal. I am going through everyone's builds on here and researching every part and learning about things as I go, didn't read about the MAP sensor until now. I've read about boost being controlled by speed or gear, very interesting. What's your opinion on it? It sounds like that could prolong the life of the engine.

I have not decided on a fuel pump, but 250 l/hr was enough for what my goals are - is it common to just buy the biggest fuel pump anyways?

Originally Posted by nguyen365
What manifold r u gonna run?
The one that comes with the Inline Pro stage two kit.

Originally Posted by StocS2k
450-500 Stock Diff should be fine

Buy some decent tires and don't send it every stop light.
Decent tires, check. Have never launched a car and never plan to, hopefully the diff will last awhile.

Originally Posted by bruthaboost
If you're going to use the meth kit to run more boost or more aggressive timing, get the failsafe. It works.
I wanted to run meth to run less boost actually. I thought that meth + less boost would be safer than running no meth + more boost. Is that true? Dumb idea?
Old 03-23-2018, 08:29 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Stage 2 is the way to go bro. Ure setup for 500whp+ build with meth injections. I was thinking about meth injections but finally there's an e85 station opened up and I didn't want to buy meth kit $500. I went the 530whp with e85 and 1600cc injectors at 19psi. Just send it. When do u get ur parts installed? Fuel pump go large or go home single walbro 450 should do the trick for later when u want more power.. my ap2 stock diff is fine at 530whp
Old 03-23-2018, 08:40 AM

Originally Posted by nguyen365
Stage 2 is the way to go bro. Ure setup for 500whp+ build with meth injections. I was thinking about meth injections but finally there's an e85 station opened up and I didn't want to buy meth kit $500. I went the 530whp with e85 and 1600cc injectors at 19psi. Just send it. When do u get ur parts installed? Fuel pump go large or go home single walbro 450 should do the trick for later when u want more power.. my ap2 stock diff is fine at 530whp
Dang I wish there was an e85 pump closer ugh. Maybe I shoot for flex fuel and anticipate more pumps popping up here? I have nearly nothing bought Planning and buying is my job for the next few months. Yeah I hear you on the fuel pump. Dang stock diff still rocking?? Rad.
Old 03-23-2018, 09:19 AM

Received 74 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by nshoes
Stage two. Pump fuel because there are no e85 pumps within 20 minutes of me

Why colder spark plugs? You're right after doing the math a 4 bar is ideal. I am going through everyone's builds on here and researching every part and learning about things as I go, didn't read about the MAP sensor until now. I've read about boost being controlled by speed or gear, very interesting. What's your opinion on it? It sounds like that could prolong the life of the engine.

I have not decided on a fuel pump, but 250 l/hr was enough for what my goals are - is it common to just buy the biggest fuel pump anyways?
You'll want to go one step colder, i believe the model number is ngk bkr8eix. Or else you'll end up misfiring like crazy most likely start breaking up up top. if you go beyond 550whp down the road, 2 steps colder plugs have also been suggested.

I made 500whp with a 4 bar map sensor, i believe you can get there on a 3 bar but it'll be at the upper limits of what the 3bar map sensor will be able to control.

Boost control is nice and will help tremendously with traction. I have mine set up by gear. I run low boost in 1-2, mid boost in 3, and max in 4-6...can almost go full throttle in every gear. Definitely makes drivability a lot better.

And since you'll be on pump, the 255pump should be good for up to 500whp or so...although I'm not sure if you really want to push that much on pump gas. I'd go with at least an aem320 or walbro450, the price difference isn't that big from the 255pumps.

My stock diff has been good at 500whp for ~5k miles now too. Only launched it a couple times, but usually just ease into it from a roll when i go. No more launching for me either, too scared lol. Make sure you shift fast and smooth like butter no delayed shifts or else it clunks and can prematurely fail the trans or the diff. You don't want any jerk between shifts.
just my .02

Last edited by Mijae007; 03-23-2018 at 09:23 AM.
Old 03-24-2018, 07:49 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by nshoes
I wanted to run meth to run less boost actually. I thought that meth + less boost would be safer than running no meth + more boost. Is that true? Dumb idea?
Just run less boost. Unless you have the safe guard, build your setup to the HP/boost your available fuel /mechanical bits can withstand. Having a meth injection setup is not a setup and forget it thing. These are aftermarket systems so they have aftermarket characteristics.

Example of things that can happen with meth and no safeguard:
Pump is on (so you think your'e spraying), but the nozzle filter is clogged up. Boom.
Pump is spraying, but one of your nylon lines has cracked from under hood heat (turbos create a TON of underhood heat and plastics *will* eventually get brittle) and 300 psi of pressure. 300 psi is quite a bit of pressure.
Fuse pops while your meth is spraying (it's random, rare, but can happen-I've had a water pump do this to me) and you're not staring at your "pump on" light and don't notice no meth. Boom.

Even with the safeguard things can go afoul, they are just less likely. My safeguard flow sensor just quit. The sensors don't last very long. Mine made it about a year.

Honestly, if I could do it all over again, I would build a system as OEM like as possible with few band-aids.

HTH

Quick Reply: Noob's turbo build part list