S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Noob's turbo build part list

Old 03-24-2018, 12:45 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Mijae007
You'll want to go one step colder, i believe the model number is ngk bkr8eix. Or else you'll end up misfiring like crazy most likely start breaking up up top. if you go beyond 550whp down the road, 2 steps colder plugs have also been suggested.

I made 500whp with a 4 bar map sensor, i believe you can get there on a 3 bar but it'll be at the upper limits of what the 3bar map sensor will be able to control.

Boost control is nice and will help tremendously with traction. I have mine set up by gear. I run low boost in 1-2, mid boost in 3, and max in 4-6...can almost go full throttle in every gear. Definitely makes drivability a lot better.

And since you'll be on pump, the 255pump should be good for up to 500whp or so...although I'm not sure if you really want to push that much on pump gas. I'd go with at least an aem320 or walbro450, the price difference isn't that big from the 255pumps.

My stock diff has been good at 500whp for ~5k miles now too. Only launched it a couple times, but usually just ease into it from a roll when i go. No more launching for me either, too scared lol. Make sure you shift fast and smooth like butter no delayed shifts or else it clunks and can prematurely fail the trans or the diff. You don't want any jerk between shifts.
just my .02
Colder spark plugs and 4 bar MAP sensor, got it, makes sense thanks. Boost control sounds ridiculously sweet, I'll add that to my parts list. Sounds good about the diff. Yeah launching is scary haha. Thanks man.

Originally Posted by bruthaboost
Just run less boost. Unless you have the safe guard, build your setup to the HP/boost your available fuel /mechanical bits can withstand. Having a meth injection setup is not a setup and forget it thing. These are aftermarket systems so they have aftermarket characteristics.

Example of things that can happen with meth and no safeguard:
Pump is on (so you think your'e spraying), but the nozzle filter is clogged up. Boom.
Pump is spraying, but one of your nylon lines has cracked from under hood heat (turbos create a TON of underhood heat and plastics *will* eventually get brittle) and 300 psi of pressure. 300 psi is quite a bit of pressure.
Fuse pops while your meth is spraying (it's random, rare, but can happen-I've had a water pump do this to me) and you're not staring at your "pump on" light and don't notice no meth. Boom.

Even with the safeguard things can go afoul, they are just less likely. My safeguard flow sensor just quit. The sensors don't last very long. Mine made it about a year.

Honestly, if I could do it all over again, I would build a system as OEM like as possible with few band-aids.

HTH
Wow great insight. I'll won't do meth injection for now. Thank you, I really appreciate it.
Old 03-24-2018, 05:58 PM

Received 119 Likes on 98 Posts

If he gets a tune with me, and goes V2, he can go with a AEM meth system, and it will be plenty safe, with the amount of AFR safety and meth safety he will be fine.

Do meth systems al the time.
Old 03-25-2018, 08:03 AM

Received 59 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by AP1Chief
If he gets a tune with me, and goes V2, he can go with a AEM meth system, and it will be plenty safe, with the amount of AFR safety and meth safety he will be fine.

Do meth systems al the time.
With out some means to detect flow, I'm genuinely curious how you set this up. Are you just using knock control? Is the V2 fast enough for closed loop knock control?

Honestly, as I was setting mine up, I was thinking it's a horrible oversight these meth kit controllers are sold without a flow sensor. They really should be part of the kits.
Old 10-06-2018, 05:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sooooo what did you think of the sos 400 clutch?