S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

oil catch can.. need help

Old 05-13-2012, 01:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default oil catch can.. need help

i'm new to the s2000 world, so please don't rip on me for posting on this when there is existing threads.. the ones i was able to find while searching had different setups and ran the lines several different ways so i'm not sure which way is best. i just bought a 03 from a friend that is turbo-charged. i have 2 issues that he did not fix that need worked on. first there is no oil catch can, which clearly needs to be installed. here's whats happening: the oem combo hard metal line that runs from the vc to the intake just before the throttle body is still there but not connected to the intake, and is blowing a small amount of oil on the intercooler pipe and rolling smoke out from under the hood. the pcv line off the vc is cut but has been left open, and the line on the intake manifold that the pcv valve runs to is just plugged. in addition, at full boost (14psi) the dipstick blows out and of course dumps oil everywhere. so on this setup, how should the lines be run? which oil catch can would work best? what needs to be done to eliminate the dipstick from blowing out? i would really appreciate the help and insight. this is a clean clean car. i can post pictures if it helps.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:55 PM
Banned

Oooooo sounds like u have too much "blow by". Might have bad piston rings
Old 05-13-2012, 02:27 PM

thats the answer i get half the time, the other half say it's because the valve cover can't vent all that pressure fast enough with no breather system.. i plan on doing a compression test tomorrow regardless
Old 05-13-2012, 08:47 PM
Banned

That wont show you the real problem.....you need a leakdown test
Old 05-14-2012, 08:36 AM

Most likely the engine is hurt. That is not normal even without big vents.
Old 05-14-2012, 09:00 AM
Banned

i had that problem.....not as bad as what your saying....mine had a catch can and it still has massive amounts of blow by.....when i cracked open the head i saw the cylinder wall was shot on number 4
Old 05-15-2012, 03:33 AM

can you post a video of all this happening?
Old 05-15-2012, 04:54 AM

well none of that is good news... i can post a video later on after work. I have a guy coming to do the compression and leakdown tests so i'll take some shots of everything and post them up. occasionally i'll get a puff of smoke out the exhaust, but its more under cruising conditions then under boost, if that helps diagnose anything...
Old 05-15-2012, 06:07 AM

Originally Posted by SilverStreak476
i'm new to the s2000 world, so please don't rip on me for posting on this when there is existing threads.. the ones i was able to find while searching had different setups and ran the lines several different ways so i'm not sure which way is best. i just bought a 03 from a friend that is turbo-charged. i have 2 issues that he did not fix that need worked on. first there is no oil catch can, which clearly needs to be installed. here's whats happening: the oem combo hard metal line that runs from the vc to the intake just before the throttle body is still there but not connected to the intake, and is blowing a small amount of oil on the intercooler pipe and rolling smoke out from under the hood. the pcv line off the vc is cut but has been left open, and the line on the intake manifold that the pcv valve runs to is just plugged. in addition, at full boost (14psi) the dipstick blows out and of course dumps oil everywhere. so on this setup, how should the lines be run? which oil catch can would work best? what needs to be done to eliminate the dipstick from blowing out? i would really appreciate the help and insight. this is a clean clean car. i can post pictures if it helps.
Like others stated. Compression and leakdown test the engine. If everything checks out run two -10 off the valve cover to a baffled catch can with a filter.

https://www.s2ki.com/s2000/topic/699...ch-can-setups/
Old 05-15-2012, 06:42 AM

I had some issue. My piston rings were farked. I am now replacing rings and pistons and doing bearings same time.

Quick Reply: oil catch can.. need help