S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Oil feed line from vtec oil pressure switch/sensor.

Old 07-10-2018, 07:33 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts
Default Oil feed line from vtec oil pressure switch/sensor.

I see everyone taps into the oil pressure sending unit for turbo oil feed line. According to full race you can also tap into the vtec pressure sensor too?

From Full-Race website: Two ways to do this: For forward mounted turbos, we recommend coming off the VTEC solenoid’s unused oil pressure switch, however some people prefer to come off the oil pressure sending unit.

Id rather tap into vtec solenoid pressure switch BUT i havnt seen anyone on here do that and the vtec oil pressure switch has a very uncommon thread. Has anyone successfully tried feeding turbo from vtec pressure switch?

Old 07-11-2018, 01:03 PM

Thats the vtect pressure switch coming off solenoid. Anyone?
Old 07-11-2018, 05:40 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

I'd pull the oil either from the unused factory pressure switch or the relocation block but wouldn't pull it from the VTEC solenoid. Reason being is it may pull too much pressure from the VTEC solenoid and compromise the pressure and the way VTEC engages. Just my opinion.
Old 07-12-2018, 01:47 AM

Received 187 Likes on 161 Posts

I agree with Spoolin
Old 07-12-2018, 03:18 PM

Received 83 Likes on 71 Posts

You want this. It threads into the factory oil pressure sensor port and Ys off so you have 3 ports to pull from. You' d probably want to use an lines and fittings to get the sensors away from the manifold though.

Oil Pressure Sensor Adapter
Old 07-12-2018, 07:30 PM

Charper thank you for your contribution but the full-race kits (and all 'turbokits' come with a 3 way oil adapter included. I tapped into the oil lower oil pressure sensor unit with my greddy kit but i read this on full-race website:
Old 07-12-2018, 07:34 PM

Dont want to throw full-race under the bus im sure they know what they are doing BUT no one on here including me with my past turbo kits have ever used the vtec oil pressure sensor hole as an oil line for a turbo. If it actually can be used that be perfect as it is easy to get to and see any leaks and is a short distance from a front mount set up. Again i know the lower oil pressure switch has always been used. But of full-race says the vtect pressure sensor can be used as well this is a much better spot! I just dont want to be the guinea pig lol
Old 07-12-2018, 07:36 PM

Spoolin the full race front mount kit actually has plenty of space for stock filter in its location.
The following users liked this post:
Spoolin (07-13-2018)
Old 07-12-2018, 07:38 PM

The kit really doesnt require oil filter relocation and thats fine with me, less hoses to run/connect/possible leaks. Very happy about that. Will be creating an oil filter 'koozie' with thermal blankets as this is a high heat area
Old 07-16-2018, 03:12 AM

Ok so after further research i do believe the vtec oil pressure switch can be used as an oil feed line ONLY for a ballbearing turbo as they only need half the oil pressure of a journal bearing turbo. vtec oil pressure switch location is also ideal to run on forward facing turbos as it is less than a foot away. Full-Race gives the green light to use vtec oil pressure switch location as an oil feed BUT they don't include the necessary fitting and that threw me off. I was able to find it and got one from vibrant performance part#16605 it is a 10mm by 1.25 thread to -4 AN. Also ran into a link to ebay https://www.ebay.com/itm/1-4an-Fitti...-/201652773235 in the description it says "You are purchasing a -4an fittings for the vtec solenoid , it will provide oil for a turbo feed line. its a nice a clean way to provide oil instead of tapping into another part of the motor. Most engine management systems can disable the oil pressure switch and you will have the ability to use it for oil. "

Quick Reply: Oil feed line from vtec oil pressure switch/sensor.