S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

PISSED at PAXTON

Old 10-30-2009, 03:59 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default PISSED at PAXTON

I just got a used CTSC from a FI Forum member and he included a new set of bearings for the blower should I need them in the future. So I got a set of seals from Supercharger Rebuilds and decide to have the bearings/seals replaced before I have the charger installed (they are not leaking oil and may not even need replacing..I just thought I would be ahead of the game by doing it now rather than later,after the charger has been fitted)
None of the Tuner shops up here in the Bay Area wanted to do the seals replacement.
None of the machine shops were interested either so I wound up calling Paxton to have them do it knowing full well that it was not the least expensive way to go.
Paxton said right from the get go that they would not use my seals/bearings."In order for us to warranty our work we only use our seals/bearings"
Then they asked what the serial# of the charger was.
when I told them the guy then said "Thats an older model. We will have to change the gear case in order for the new seals to fit. It will be about $800 plus."
I explain that my gear case is perfectly o.k. and why should I have to spend $800 plus...
"Because the newer seals are slightly smaller than they used to be and will leak oil unless you have the gear case replaced as well"
I ask why we cant we just use my seals which will fit my gear case.
"We dont do that"
I then offer to forgo any warranty on the work, just replace them with my seals/bearings and write
NO WARRANTY on the receipt....
"We dont do that"
Finally, getting a little frustrated with what appears to be a complete lack of product support I ask if they will just replace the bearings only.
"We cant do that because when we open the unit up it involves breaking one of the seals.You would then have to replace the gear case in order for the new seals to fit"
In other words, either you spend the insane sum of $800 plus to replace the seals/bearings or we are not interested. Thanks Paxton! Way to Go!
Old 10-30-2009, 04:15 PM
Former Moderator

Received 307 Likes on 285 Posts

They would know the most about rebuilding one of there own SC's. $800 sounds cheaper than a Vortech rebuild.
Old 10-30-2009, 04:22 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

The guy was telling you the truth. Either pay less for a general mechanic to rebuild it, or pay more to have it done by the people who built it. Considering they know the clearance and run-out specs more than anyone else, it's not a bad deal.
Old 10-30-2009, 05:30 PM

Why fix it if it isn't broke???
The older units were a lot noisier that the newer, it's probably fine. If it goes later, then have it done then. It doesn't take more than 20 minutes to pull the charger anyways...
FYI I use to have an older comptech sc.
Old 10-31-2009, 06:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

weren't people getting this done for only $350-$500 before? for eight hundred i'd consider just buying another unit, like upgrading to a selflube or something...
Old 10-31-2009, 06:59 AM

hey were are you located. i replaced my bearings and seals when i got my blower.i would be able to do it for you for alot less than that.send me a pm if your interested
Old 10-31-2009, 10:16 AM

Received 103 Likes on 72 Posts

what is the difference between and older...and new unit? appearance...numbers...?
Old 10-31-2009, 12:51 PM

It seems like they are telling you the truth. Im sure they could not be as rude by telling you but it sounds legit to me. Personally, id just find some outsider to do it for you. Its not super hard to do.
Old 10-31-2009, 04:40 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Guests can't sell on S2ki.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:29 PM

just so you guys know i posted this to him in a pm
no im sorry im located in bayshore ny.if you want to ask around im a stand up guy .turn around would be about 2 days or so.i think 275 would be a good deal you pay to ship the blower to me and ill use some of the money to ship it back.

Quick Reply: PISSED at PAXTON