S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   S2000 Forced Induction (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/)
-   -   Probably Time to Part Ways With my S2000. Endless Problems. Manifold Cracked. (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/s2000-forced-induction-142/probably-time-part-ways-my-s2000-endless-problems-manifold-cracked-1142433/)

Chance S2K 03-20-2016 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by riceball777 (Post 23913899)
What it comes to turbo manifolds nohing beats the quality of full race. It's very rare for their manifolds to crack and if it does you know they will be around for the warrantee....

...Pfab is scheduled 10 and I have seen there manifolds crack many times. Full race uses nice thick schedule 40....

...Also it's very important that everything clears the manifold....

You pretty much hit on all my concerns in your post. I've seen a few posts about the Pfab manifolds cracking as well, seemingly moreso than some other manufactures.

I'd definitely be interested in their "ProStreet" manifold, but as you said I think clearance would be a huge issue. Judging by where the 44mm wastegate would have to sit, I think getting both the turbo and downpipe/dumptube to fit would be an issue. You'd also be dangerously close to the passenger sidewall. My best bet for longevity sake would probably be to just switch out my catch can and relocate that, and just fabricate new intercooler pipes to use with Full Race's sidewinder mani.

I'm also 100% sure now that my wastegate is making direct contact with my passenger motor mount. I think that's why my manifolds are cracking so quickly. The shop that welded my wastegate adapter flange on for me said there were no clearance issues, but they were wrong.

Originally Posted by herecomesboost (Post 23913973)
Just wanted to add that Full Blown also use schedule 40 on their manifolds. OP, which mounts are you using?

I'm still on OEM motor mounts, with no torque damper. I may invest in Vibratech mounts and/or a torque damper after getting my manifold replaced.

Spoolin 03-20-2016 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Steven622 (Post 23855220)

Originally Posted by CRVRX' timestamp='1452973238' post='23854117
The biggest problem of turbo builds is cracking manifolds. They all crack. Some last for weeks and some last for years...But they all crack. This is one of main reasons we sell Kraftwerks supercharger kits, 23 S2000 kits installed and no issues.
Don't give up on the car, you will need to spend $40K+ to get anything better.

It's because literally every vendor outside of Killer B Motorsports, MPFab and a few of the boutiques use garbage 304L which just plain isn't meant for high heat turbo applications. God forbid you coat one of these timebombs and expect it to hold your heavy turbo AND all the heat inside of it without cracking. I don't understand why the vendors who charge 1200+ for a manifold can't be assed to spend $200 on materials instead of $100 to ensure that they don't crack. 321 isn't that expensive.

Good luck with your quest to get your car finished OP. Turbo cars can be a pain if you don't know exactly what to do.

Don't forget about Full Race.