S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Problem with inline kit, UPDATE 17.07

Old 07-12-2007, 01:06 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with inline kit, UPDATE 17.07

Hi guys, i am from Greece and we are trying to build a turbo S2000 but we have some problems. First of all i want to say that the kit is very good and my problem propably doesn't have to do with the kit. The kit i got from inline consists of the basics plus:

AEM EMS 1052
GT3076B
3 bar map sensor
GM boost solenoid
fuel pump
stage 3 competition clutch
DENSO IK22 sparkplugs (inline had sent me some NGK but we changed to DENSO because we thought we would solve the problem)
ARP headstuds
Inline pro 3mm headgasket
3 inch single custom exhaust
675cc injectors

Ok, all the things are on the car, we have tried 2 times to tune it but it's not possible. I want to be clear that my tuner is very experienced with AEM EMS and has tuned turbo S2000s before.

So the problem, is that although the car on the dyno is very good until 4000-4500 , then it loses power unexpectedly. I repeat that until 4000-4500 the car, boosts and runs very good, but then it loses power and generally it isn't smooth. The problem is exxagerated in vtec transition where it misfires and sputters.

I have been to the dyno 2 times. The first time, we stopped, we returned to the tuning shop and changed the sparkplugs, we counted the compression on the cylinders, we checked the timing on the cams and everything was ok. Also the car with a basemap and without vtec it went fine on the road. After this we put the OEM ECU and didn't have any check engine lights on.

Today was my second time on the dyno and it did the same thing, so it wasn't the sparkplugs. Also the car today was acting like crazy. When we were trying to tune it, in 5000 rpm for example the one moment was making 170whp and the other 130whp.

My mechanic says the problem has to do with the electrics and it is not mechanical. From Monday they will start taking apart things and try the OEM or aftermarket and see what is the fault. As the last solution we will uninstall everything , put OEM ECU and injectors and try to run NA , to see if the problem exists.

When car is at idle i can here a noise from the engine, i will try to describe it as better as i can. It sounds like a "wire with electricity touching somewhere". I don't know if you understood the sound, it may be the Timing tensioner, but i don't think so.

As a last note , the tuner tells me that every sensor looks to be working perfect (from AEM screens) , also the map, the wastegate, the boost control solenoid , everything is working great.

Thanks guys for reading all these stuff and i am really waiting for your proposals, suggestions on what to check first, what to change etc.

Thx,
George
Old 07-12-2007, 02:04 PM

clogged injectors?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:21 PM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

check injectors and the connections.

If not that, your EMS might be screwed up. Maybe warantee replace it?
Old 07-12-2007, 02:35 PM

The first thing on Monday will be the AEM, we have one more at the shop and we will switch. Then we will have to check connections, coils, map and god knows what else. From fuel , my tuner tells me it's perfect and the boost solenoid is working perfect. Also the map and wastegate are working good as it seems. Thanx guys for suggestions, keep them coming
Old 07-12-2007, 04:41 PM

My 1052 ran fine for about three weeks. Then all of the sudden on the way to the tuners the engine started running like complete and total crap. We checked EVERYTHING, plugs, coils, injectors. My tuner had another ems at his shop, we put that in there and it ran PERFECT. It ended up being the ems the whole time.
Old 07-14-2007, 02:10 PM

Check your coils for exposure to the head. I have seen a few with tiny spot allowing a spark to jump to ground thru the head.
Old 07-15-2007, 12:07 AM

I will check that, thx. Guys if you have any more ideas please share because from tomorrow we start taking apart things to check what's wrong.
Old 07-15-2007, 02:46 AM

did this problem start after removing the cams? when you did the arp studs? you maye have had a few of the vtec pins fall out. another guy on the under the hood forum is having this same problem. vtec pins had fallen out of a rocker, maybe a few. hes still working on it. need to look real close so your not chasing your tail. if all alse looks good, take the cams and rockers out, make sure every pin is in place. also adjust the valves sweet make sure they arent too tight. let us know. later dave
Old 07-15-2007, 05:04 AM

I have an update to this. Unfortunately not good. I checked my oil level this morning and the car has lost almost all its oil I cannot believe the engine "burned" the oil, maybe there is a leak from somewhere. We will start from there tomorrow. Maybe if there is a leak, there is also low oil pressure and that's why the car doesn't vtec. It is just an assumption Thank god i checked the oil level because from full after a few miles , it went to low, so the leak must be big. Hopefully i haven't damaged the engine.
Old 07-15-2007, 07:10 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

Hope it's nothing serious bro... keep us posted.

Quick Reply: Problem with inline kit, UPDATE 17.07