S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Problem with inline kit, UPDATE 17.07

Old 07-15-2007, 07:11 AM

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Definatly a leak, the car shouldn't burn much more oil then stock.

Best way to check is park it somewhere, let it run, and see where the drip is coming from.
Old 07-15-2007, 06:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

R.I.P. Mr. Rod Bearing
Old 07-17-2007, 07:05 AM

Ok i have an update but the problem is not solved yet. Up until now we have done the following things:

changed the spark plugs
changed the map sensor
check the timing
changed the AEM
check the pipes
checked the vtec valve
checked connections
checked oil pressure

Nothing yet, all the above are working great The vtec is not working, when the car goes on vtec it misfires, it refuses to work. The motor looks healthy as until vtec it gives no signs of misfunctioning, no strange sounds or anything, the vtec though doesn't work no matter where we put it (rpms wise) to engage.

Tommorow, we are putting OEM injectors, OEM ECU and we will run it NA to see if the vtec engages. If not, we will remove the headgasket, so we can see if that is the case.

The car doesn't have an oil leak, it was my mistake because the oil was very new and clean and i couldn't read the dipstick good.

If you have any suggestions please share because i am starting to get frustrated
Old 07-17-2007, 10:44 AM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by S2oooNvegas,Jul 15 2007, 05:46 AM
did this problem start after removing the cams? when you did the arp studs? you maye have had a few of the vtec pins fall out. another guy on the under the hood forum is having this same problem. vtec pins had fallen out of a rocker, maybe a few. hes still working on it. need to look real close so your not chasing your tail. if all alse looks good, take the cams and rockers out, make sure every pin is in place. also adjust the valves sweet make sure they arent too tight. let us know. later dave
Im the guy who isnt hitting vtec...

whats interesting is that it will occasionally hit vtec, then other times it wont... and backfire and just all around not work when its supposed to switch cams...

i found a pin that had fallen out of the rocker arms... the car is currently getting worked on, as i couldnt get the chain tensioner out myself...

defintely check those rocker arms for the pins!
Old 07-19-2007, 03:30 AM

Guys i am going crazy here. I don't know what is happening. Today we put OEM injectors, OEM map and OEM ECU and the car still won't go into vtec. Then we opened the motor, we checked the vtec pins and timing and headgasket and everything is fine. Then we removed the exhaust from the downpipe until the muffler (so that there are no restrictions) and the car is still not go into vtec.

Next step is to remove the turbo and manifold and put the OEM header to see if the problem is with the turbo. We don't really know what else to try )
Old 07-19-2007, 04:26 AM

all of the vacuum lines hooked up? none are cracked or going to the wrong place? your map sensor is reading accurately and hasn't gone bad? idk, im not to knowledgeable on the subject matter, but those 2 caused problems for me in my NA celica when switching to high cam before.
Old 07-19-2007, 04:30 AM

how do you know you are not hitting vtec?
Old 07-19-2007, 05:37 AM

When the car hits the vtec (set by AEM in any RPMs) the car misfires and loses power unexpectedly. That's how we know the car doesn't vtec
Old 07-19-2007, 05:48 AM

Sounds more like an ems or tuner problem.
Have you replaced the VTEC solenoid
Old 07-19-2007, 06:07 AM

But we have 2 EMS and we have put 2 of them and none works. Also vtec doesn't work with the OEM ECU as well , so it's not a tuner problem We checked the vtec solenoid and the vtec valve

Quick Reply: Problem with inline kit, UPDATE 17.07