S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Progress On Turbo Setup

Old 03-30-2016, 08:21 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Progress On Turbo Setup

Whats up guys, i managed to get everything up and running finally but i ran into a situation with the intercooler piping for the hot side. They sent me the wrong size pipe and I had to ship it back to them so now I'm waiting for the hot side 90 degree pipe and the couplers. Oil Pressure is at 75psi on startup and sitting at 20ish when warmed up. I haven't managed to hook up the wideband because the down pipe i have needs to be custom fabbed to mount to the flex pipe so I'm going to see if i can make it to the shop tomorrow to get the setup. I still am looking for a spot to tap off of for my FPR i already tapped the line for the bov from the line on the back of the intake manifold but i do not want to tee off of that line. I heard brake booster line is a good one but isn't that dangerous? any input ?

Oil Distribution block I made, got the idea from someone on this forum (Excuse the oil lol)

Bit messy

Wastegates and vacuum lines had to be wrapped as the turbo sits literally on them

Plan on getting a longer oil line to the turbo and running it under but for now that will have to do

Gauges all wired up and ready
Old 03-31-2016, 04:04 PM

Looking good, I think I'll have pretty much the same exact setup as you, just with a different manifold haha. What kind of bw turbo is that? And what are you planning to do about the fuel setup? I'd think of bracing the turbo, they're massive!
Old 03-31-2016, 04:15 PM

Originally Posted by husseinj3
Looking good, I think I'll have pretty much the same exact setup as you, just with a different manifold haha. What kind of bw turbo is that? And what are you planning to do about the fuel setup? I'd think of bracing the turbo, they're massive!
Thanks , it's an s366 I'm gonna run 2000cc injectors with a walbro 450 what are you running?
Old 03-31-2016, 04:44 PM

That should be a beast setup! I'm running an s200sx with id1000s and aem320, but only aiming for 450 on 91. It's a shame we can't get e85 in this part of Canada otherwise I'd go to the s300. Did you go with boost by gear ?
Old 03-31-2016, 05:19 PM

That should be a beast setup! I'm running an s200sx with id1000s and aem320, but only aiming for 450 on 91. It's a shame we can't get e85 in this part of Canada otherwise I'd go to the s300. Did you go with boost by gear ?
Nice I was gonna do the s200 series but I got a good deal on this one so I took it lol I haven't got to the fuel yet.. I'm just now putting the last pipe on for the intercooler I have to take it to the shop tomorrow to get the exhaust fabbed. I want to run boost by gear but I heard you have to send your flashpro to hondata?
Old 03-31-2016, 05:39 PM

Originally Posted by TUKES2k
Nice I was gonna do the s200 series but I got a good deal on this one so I took it lol I haven't got to the fuel yet.. I'm just now putting the last pipe on for the intercooler I have to take it to the shop tomorrow to get the exhaust fabbed. I want to run boost by gear but I heard you have to send your flashpro to hondata?
lol, i was about to pick up the newer model s200sxe but this one was too good of a deal to turn down. and you're still way ahead of me...i still have to figure out if i'm going to weld a v-band on to the exit of the turbo or modify my downpipe. then intercooler piping and fuel pump come after that.

ya i sent in my ecu to hondata, and they're super quick with it. you still have to pin the connector yourself, and finding them locally is a pain
Old 03-31-2016, 05:41 PM

Wastegates and vacuum lines had to be wrapped as the turbo sits literally on them
LOL to parts and tools in the crossmember, i thought it was just me haha
Old 03-31-2016, 05:43 PM

LOL to parts and tools in the crossmember, i thought it was just me haha
Haha yea man it comes in handy! Is the flange on your turbo marmon? If so just get a 3 inch vband flange and weld it to the flange on your turbo
Old 03-31-2016, 06:40 PM

Haha yea man it comes in handy! Is the flange on your turbo marmon? If so just get a 3 inch vband flange and weld it to the flange on your turbo
i thought about this, do you have a pic? and would this flange work? i'm just worried about welding stainless to the cast housing.
http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...oducts_id=1263
Old 03-31-2016, 07:28 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Brake booster line isn't dangerous, but it's a large line. Typically, you would use the brake booster line as a feed for a vacuum block:

(generic image to illustrate the configuration)

Your setup looks nice thus far. What numbers are you shooting for?

Quick Reply: Progress On Turbo Setup