S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Quick vacuum line question

Old 05-12-2005, 06:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Quick vacuum line question

Ok right now I finishing up my Vortech install and have a quick question. Are both 1/4 inch lines running off the manifold for Vacuum? I'm pretty sure they are, but on all the installs I've seen, they have the boost gauge and the bov line tapped into the same vac line (the fist from the front of the engine). I removed the air pump and put in a block off plate, so now the second 1/4 line is open. I'm wondering if I can run either the boost gauge or the bov line off that second nipple on the mani. Thanks in advance.
Old 05-12-2005, 07:29 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

One of those originates off the intake manifold. This is the one to use for "vacuum" (boost guage or BOV). The other one goes to that round solenoid thing near the back of the valve cover. This one goes through a bunch of check valves and solenoids and air tanks and would not be a good choice for what you're trying to do.

ps. How did you contend with the CEL when you disabled the air pump?
Old 05-12-2005, 09:45 AM

Well that solenoid is no longer there...it's part of the air pump system. So right now that hose goes to absolutly nothing...that's half the reason I want to use it for something...otherwise I have to plug it.

As for the CEL...AEM EMS...no CEL
Old 05-12-2005, 10:12 AM

The comptech diagram on their website shows the Bypass valve/BOV being teed into the vac line closest the to the drivers seat, ie the one used for the sec inj system, which you are now missing. That is the way my BOV is hooked up, so I dont see why yours couldnt be the only thing attached to that line.

My boost guage runs of the second line (closer to the front of the car), which also goes to the FPR, if I am not mistaken.

However, I have been getting 411 codes with my comptech sc installation, so perhaps I shouldnt be giving u advice.

PS not sure if is different for vorteq
Old 05-12-2005, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Scorpion,May 12 2005, 09:45 AM
Well that solenoid is no longer there...it's part of the air pump system. So right now that hose goes to absolutly nothing...that's half the reason I want to use it for something...otherwise I have to plug it.

As for the CEL...AEM EMS...no CEL
Can the AEM EMS be used to hide all CEL codes? If installed this on my car, would I be able to get it NY state /inspected, without failing due to CEL? Or would it still fail the emissions test if properly warmed up- any ideas Xviper

Dont fancy dropping 2K on one.
Old 05-12-2005, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by bigfishs,May 12 2005, 11:16 AM
any ideas Xviper
Sorry, I've got no experience or info on the AEM EMS.
Old 05-12-2005, 11:48 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bigfishs,May 12 2005, 10:16 AM
Can the AEM EMS be used to hide all CEL codes? If installed this on my car, would I be able to get it NY state /inspected, without failing due to CEL? Or would it still fail the emissions test if properly warmed up- any ideas Xviper

Dont fancy dropping 2K on one.
Your cel codes are a function of the computer you would remove when you install the AEM EMS so you don't have to worry about the cel anymore. In fact, you can control the cel with the EMS to light just about anytime you want. I doubt you could pass emissons unless you happen to know a guy, who knows a guy.....
Old 05-12-2005, 12:39 PM

So they are both the "same" vacuum lines..same pressure I mean. Cool thanks...back to the garage
Old 05-12-2005, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by Scorpion,May 12 2005, 01:39 PM
So they are both the "same" vacuum lines..same pressure I mean. Cool thanks...back to the garage
Not necessarily. The point I was trying to make was that the end that leads to the intake manifold will experience manifold vacuum and boost pressure. The one going to that back "air control valve" will not. If you connect to that one, you'll get nothing.
Old 05-12-2005, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by xviper,May 12 2005, 01:01 PM
Not necessarily. The point I was trying to make was that the end that leads to the intake manifold will experience manifold vacuum and boost pressure. The one going to that back "air control valve" will not. If you connect to that one, you'll get nothing.
he's absolutely right

Quick Reply: Quick vacuum line question