S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Quick vacuum line question

Old 05-13-2005, 03:31 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So then what is the second line for? I understand it is supposed to go to that solenoid, but what purpose does that line do? Does it provide vacuum to the solenoid? The same vacuum pressure the manilfold is seeing? That's the information I'm looking for.
Old 05-13-2005, 06:15 AM

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Scorpion,May 13 2005, 04:31 AM
So then what is the second line for? I understand it is supposed to go to that solenoid, but what purpose does that line do? Does it provide vacuum to the solenoid? The same vacuum pressure the manilfold is seeing? That's the information I'm looking for.
It isn't really 2 lines. It's only that on your car because you have it dismantled and have open ends that used to be the middle of one line.
You have to understand that the line carries vacuum (or pressure, depending on how you look at it) from the manifold to the air control valve at the back of the engine. On a stock vehicle this line goes through the white check valve, the air reservoir and the solenoid. It is ONE line but since you've taken this line apart, you see open ends. Just think of it as: one end is "coming from" and the other end is "going to".
For example, take an electrical cord that has been cut. You have one side coming from the wall and the other side going to your appliance. If you want electricity, which end do you hook up to? It's the "same" line but you need to connect up to the correct end to get the desired affect.
In your case, you want the end that will give you manifold vacuum. If you hook up to the other end, you're tapping into a dead "appliance".
Old 05-13-2005, 09:42 AM

Look at page 3 of

http://www.comptechusa.com/instructions/ins072.pdf

and you will see what Xviper is talkiing about

or PM me your email address and I'll send you a blown-up version of it.

If I was you would attach the BOV into the line that comes out of the right-hand end of the intake man. As you dont have the sec inj sys now, you dont need anything else attached to it. I think you can leave the ACV open as Xviper says, its now just a dead appliance.

As for the boost guage, tee it into the fuel pressure reg line, also on the diagram.

That should work fine. Hook it up and post pics of your set up if you are not sure you have it correct. You will need to pay $20 to become a member to post pics, but you will get well more than that in return from the free advice.
Old 05-13-2005, 11:06 AM

OK looking at the diagram on page 3...the line that goes to the FPR is where I'm tapped into for the boost gauge...works great. All the other bs that hooked to the Air control Value is gone and straight off that nipple is where the bov is hooked up to.

So Xviper, you are saying to T the bov into the same line as the boost gauge and just plug the other?

Thanks again for the help guys...oh and I was a member...just haven't renewed my membership...I'm lazy
Old 05-13-2005, 11:48 AM

Originally Posted by Scorpion,May 13 2005, 12:06 PM
So Xviper, you are saying to T the bov into the same line as the boost gauge and just plug the other?
Not seeing your engine bay, I'm going to say "YES" (since you just said the boost gauge works great).
If you hook up to the "other" line, your BOV won't work and you could do some nasty stuff to your engine.
Let's put it this way, if you have the correct line, when the engine is running (idle or slightly above), you should be able to put your finger over the end of the line and feel some suck. If you feel nothing, then so will the BOV. It needs high vacuum to work.
Old 05-13-2005, 02:12 PM

OK now that I'm home I just decided to test the line in question. I switch the bov line and the gauge line. I got the same readings on both lines with the gauge so it looks like both provide the same vac/boost pressure. And here is a pic of my getto fab block off plate for the ACS.

well so much for a "quick" question
Old 05-13-2005, 02:18 PM

You have done it correctly. Both those are direct vacuum sources.

I guess a picture is worth a thousand words.