S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Return fuel line, s2000 06+

Old 01-20-2009, 02:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Return fuel line, s2000 06+

Hi

In this thread I was hoping to gather some information about do and don't when it comes to return fuel lines. The information I am hoping to find is some advice on how to convert the 06+ s2k for returnline fuel system.

I found this thread where the question was brought up, but saw no answer covering it.
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry11897963

To just make a return fuel line does not seem hard, I can do that, but it would be good if I don't have to do the mistakes others already figured out. Inventing the wheel yet another time seems stupid.

Input appreciated! Feel free to share your setup or knowledge.
Old 01-20-2009, 12:32 PM

what do you need the return line for? i thought it was better to keep it the way it was and just use an outside control for the fuel lines
Old 01-20-2009, 04:22 PM

Basically got the advice from Tony at T1 from another thread, I have to trust the experienced. Reasons were ofcourse varying pressure realtions over the injectors at different loads. So an adjustable regulator and returnline seems logical to me as the best setup.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:09 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You can keep your return less system you just need to get a new fuel pump and have it modified to work with the system. You can PM 2QWK4U to find out how to do it. He was making about 400 WHP with his turbo on that setup and I think it would have supported more.
Old 01-20-2009, 05:56 PM

400whp on E85?
Old 01-20-2009, 06:10 PM

You might be able to make 400whp on E-85 with the stock fuel system. There are many factors involved, to include:

1. Stock vs modified engine
2. Type of turbo kit
3. Type of fuel pump
4. Size of fuel injectors

I made 475rwhp on a dynapack with a 3567R, 1000cc injectors, 255hp Walbro, 91 octane and ~13psi. I still had a decent amount of room before the returnless fuel system would have been a factor. However, if you plan on running E-85, which consumes about 30% more fuel than 91 octane, you might have issues making 400hp, again taking into consideration the factors I mentioned above.

Now, the conversion itself is quite simple and you should upgrade the overall fuel system at the same time.

1. Replace factory feed line with -8AN braided feed line.
2. Add aftermarket fuel rail.
3. Add aftermarket FPR and remove OEM FPR (which is inside the OEM fuel tank).
4. Add Walbro 255hp fuel pump.
5. Add 1000cc fuel injectors
6. You will need some sort of aftermarket EMS...I suggest Hondata K-Pro.
7. The -8AN feed line will run to the aftermarket FPR. A fuel line will run from the FPR to the aftermarket fuel rail. The -6AN will run back to the FPR and then to the OEM fuel tank (which will have been tapped with an AN fitting for the return line).

There's your recipe.
Old 01-20-2009, 07:02 PM

Aftermarket fuelrail? Is this really ness?

The 1000cc injectors I was clear about aswell as Hondata kpro being the only possible management system i know of. (They don't even know if they support the european version yet tho) I asked on their application forums.

On the older car i had the aem ems which i can not use anymore, and i did have the walbro 255 in the tank, which was enough for the 325whp on E85.
Had the tune at 350whp even but took it back due to high injector dutycycle. (750cc siemens deka) So the walbro might be enought for the 350 aswell, guessing at the limit. I do not intend to get more than ~350whp anyway. I'm happy with that region.
365x1,3 ~ 475

I used a good aftermarket FPR that i replaced the stock with. (stock one was located on the rail on the 2005 model) Worked wonders, adjustable pressure. I used it at 58psi (4bar) to get some more juice from the injectors. Boosted somewhere between 9 and 10psi.

I did drill in my old stock rail to install fuel pressure sensor, so modifying the stock one with a hole for return is not a problem.

So if i read you right, your saying that with thicker feedlines, the walbro 255 should be a safe bet? together with the aftermarket fpr.

The -8AN feed line will run to the aftermarket FPR. A fuel line will run from the FPR to the aftermarket fuel rail. The -6AN will run back to the FPR and then to the OEM fuel tank (which will have been tapped with an AN fitting for the return line).

Are you meaning that both the feedline and returnline shall pass the FPR? I don't get that. On the old setup the FPR was on the returnline and the installation were accurate with the red line going around the FPR on the feedside. Only fuel in and fuel out together with the hose from the intake were connected to the FPR.

This whole thing confuses me abit.
Old 01-20-2009, 08:06 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2QYK4U will take care of you. I don't know if there is anyone that knows more about returnless fuel systems and E85 for the S2k.
Old 01-20-2009, 11:30 PM

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=657294
Old 01-21-2009, 02:09 AM

Thanks, smirfs. It was actually THAT thread that made me realize I had to do more adjustments on my new car. The car is stuffed away in a winter storage, I didn't even study the engine room yet, only drove the car from the trailer to the garage.

I had my idea about how a return system would be looking.
My initial thought was to put a walbro 255 in the tank, use another inline pump if needed(also thought of even stronger in-tank pump, but I don't know if there are any suitable ones), have the stock rail, and use a good adjustable fpr on the returnline.

What I mainly was hoping to find with this thread when creating it, was some advice from someone that did the practical part of the work, not only the system in theory.
Maybe its tricky to route the lines or tap the tank etc etc. things like that.

However these nice answers I've gotten here are very good since my ideas maybe were completely off from the best solution. I appreciate the input from everyone.

Quick Reply: Return fuel line, s2000 06+