S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Rod bearings/ Kings/ACL/OEM

Old 09-22-2015, 07:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rod bearings/ Kings/ACL/OEM

I am almost done building the block.( OMG Murphy's law at its finest) I need to order rod bearings. Every one recommends ACL race bearings. ACL is super, super backed up. No shop has them. I have been reading about kings bearings, and OEM as an option. What do you folks recommend?

(Forged pistons, sleeved,- goal range of 500whp )

Thank you for any help that you may offer.
Old 09-22-2015, 09:06 PM

Oem, have had multiple 1000whp+ engines b series, k series, f series....have always usd OEM bearings.
Old 09-23-2015, 07:13 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I am running(and my builder runs in all his street cars) Clevite 3 layer bearings(Made by Mahle/Cosworth). They are just like an OEM bearing but a little more directed toward higher performance applications. If you have a street car I suggest getting these. If its a dedicated race car that wont see alot of mileage then just go with Kings... they are just as good as ACL`s.
Old 09-23-2015, 08:22 PM

Thanks for the input. Yes this will be a street car.
Old 09-30-2015, 10:31 AM

Any more advise? Car well be daily driver.
Old 09-30-2015, 01:24 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by geekyjerry
I am almost done building the block.( OMG Murphy's law at its finest) I need to order rod bearings. Every one recommends ACL race bearings. ACL is super, super backed up. No shop has them. I have been reading about kings bearings, and OEM as an option. What do you folks recommend?

I prefer OEM, although it takes more "work" b/c you need to know the clearances and order the specific ones. Some people aren't comfortable with that, and choose to shortcut it, and go with ACL's, or Kings for example.

I've used all 3, and have had luck with all 3, but still prefer on a high whp builds to get it right, not just close. So I go OEM.
Old 10-03-2015, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by siadam
Originally Posted by geekyjerry' timestamp='1442978831' post='23755136

I prefer OEM, although it takes more "work" b/c you need to know the clearances and order the specific ones. Some people aren't comfortable with that, and choose to shortcut it, and go with ACL's, or Kings for example.

I've used all 3, and have had luck with all 3, but still prefer on a high whp builds to get it right, not just close. So I go OEM.

It shows in your sig that you are running a high WHP s2k. Do you drive it often and how many miles on it?