S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Rotrex C30-94 supercharger install and modification: pulley choice

Old 11-19-2018, 08:18 AM

Received 42 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by pizzai69
This sure helps

Note that my acutal TTS Intercooler is "bar and plate" type. (see picture in previous post)
In my case, I want a track proof car, so cooling is important.

I asked directly TTS for advices: they told me that : "For a C30-94 376 hp is quite reasonable. The intercooler is the restriction deliberately to limit power. So going to our Race intercooler would increase power". I am waiting for a quotation on the race IC, as I can't find it on the online shop.
Ok. We'll that's good to know. I've never seen the Supersport kit's I/C. My TTS Race kit's I/C has a tube and fin core. Excellent!

Good luck then!
Old 03-03-2019, 04:34 AM

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Sorry 06S2k07Si you will be dissapointed
I have had already too much work on the car (full bushings change etc.), and it is on jack stands since 1 year now! (got a child)

So I have begun assembling the supercharger kit as it is, with no major modification: no big IC, no E85...
Just a few adjustments on pipings and fixations.

Here is how it looks when pre-assembled: nothing fixed because I have to run the car NA to the technicial inspection soon.

I am just going to take care about the intake: change this extra-small foam filter (don't like it) by a traditionnal one. And try to install aluminium panels to feed it only wish fresh air.
Also have to install the OCT, rotrex oil accessories, and engin oil cooler.

I hope I will have some time to finish the car in about 2 months (including mapping).
Old 03-07-2019, 06:50 AM

I tried designing some heat shields for the intake, which would look quite similar to the KN FIPK but adapted to my rotrex and pipings.

I think I will forget this idea: difficult to adjust, and not really sure about the gain it would produce...
Old 03-07-2019, 07:40 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

^^ Yeah that is a dinky filter! Definitely a restriction there. What is the pipe diameter? I have a big brand new AEM dryflow which may fit. Or will with a coupler of sorts. I've got a couple other filters as well, which would require a 6" velocity stack coupled in-between to accommodate. All stuff on my shelf I don't foresee needing.

Last edited by s2000Junky; 03-07-2019 at 07:44 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:07 PM

This rotrex is a C30-94 so the intaje pipe is 3". This pipercross foam filter is 3" inlet, but quite small overall and I don't like foam...
I plan to go with this K&N filter:
https://www.knfilters.com/search/pro...x?prod=RE-0910

AEM dryflow filter are quite similair to this, I think ?
Do you think I should go to a velocity stack + bigger filter ?

My problem is the diameter of the filter base. Depending on the excat position of my silicone and aluminium intake parts, the filter is quite near the oem fan. I mesured that I should stay with a filter which is about 5.1 to 5.5" of base diameter , if I don't want it to touch the fan (and the heat shield, if I do it...). I guess the velocity stak solution will be bigger than that.

Last thing: do you agree that my heat shield prototype (K&N FIPK style) is useless ? or should I keep the idea of doing it ?
Old 03-07-2019, 10:12 PM

Actually, something like this may fit: the length of the inlet diameter adapter can help me move the filter away from the rad...
https://www.kseriesparts.com/SK2-343-99-0600.html
Old 04-26-2019, 04:00 AM

News I need your help again

I can't fin any tool to estimate the boost I should have with my pulley sizes : does this tool exist ??
I know the old KW C30-94 high-boost pulley was 100mm and provided 10psi. But I have a 105mm one, and would like to know what boost to expect...

I also had a long conversation with a serious tuner I would like to work with.
He explained me many things, and I have questions about some of them:
  • my injectors (RC750) are not the best, and are too small for E85 application. Because of the cost of the ID1050x + flexfuel sensor, i don't plan to change them and would like to stay on pump gas (called SP98 in France).
    This tuner really really really (... ) recommends me to go with E85 , not only for power but above all for reliability (cooling, knock protection).
    Is it really that necessary ?! I am not ready for the cost, and would like to stay on a reliable (road & trackday) SP98 tuning...
  • This guy would like me to install one EGT sensor to each cylinder ... in order to check/troubleshoot the temperature by cylinder, in case there would be a problem on fuel injection, air intake, or compression or else...
    I think this is extreme, and too much job for me. I did not see many people do that on s2ki...
    Is that really usefull for the tuning ? Maybe only one EGT on the downside of the header could be enough ? Or no EGT at all ?! (my preference, because of job)
  • He also recommends a fuel pressure sensor, in order to set a failsafe security in the ECU (in complement of failsafes with oil T°, oil Pressure and wideband). Some job again... for a very rare problem, isn't it ?
  • The C30-94 TTS kit I bought made 376bhp and 322nm on the pervious ap1 it was fitted, with the 105mm pulley and TTS Supersport FMIC.
    This tuner thinks the dyno was optimistic and I may not get as high resultats as that...
    What do you think of these numbers ?

Other question: did somebody ever monitor the rotrex oil temperature ? I plan to do it (a sensor connected to ECU) because I don't know if the 9 row oil cooler provided with the kit will be enough on track to keep under 80°C...
Old 08-28-2019, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am too considering upgrading my pulley size to 85mm on the C30-94 blower.

Rotrex Calculators
https://www.rotrexshop.com/rotrex-calculators/
Old 08-28-2019, 10:24 PM

85mm ?! what crank pulley size and rev limiter do you have ?

I have a 105mm pulley on the C30-94 and it have to set the limiter to 8800rpm to be 100% of max spinning speed, with 125mm crank pulley.
Old 09-24-2019, 02:45 AM

News again

I ran the car and now know that it pushes near to 10psi.
I ordered the Doctronic ProECU-S2K and my tuner still wants me to go for E85 for reliability reasons (and a bit of extra power in the same time of course).

To be honest, going for E85 would cost me about extra 1300$ (ID1050x, ethanol sensor, and extra tuning cost) over my actual setup. And I did not plan this...
I don't really need that extra power. But knock protection and cooling effect are arguments that I am considering.

I need your advices: am I really taking risks, especially thinking about engine temperatures during trackdays, if staying with 93Oct pump fuel ??
Remember my setup:
F20C stock with AP2 retainers
10psi rotrex C30-94 TTS kit, with small "supersport" intercooler
Aluminium coolant radiator + engine oil cooler and thermostatic sandwich plate
Custom Airbox/heatshield with K&N filter
Grade 8 spark plugs
Stock hood, no opening.

Last edited by pizzai69; 09-24-2019 at 05:07 AM.

Quick Reply: Rotrex C30-94 supercharger install and modification: pulley choice