S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

S2000 Supercharger

Old 04-14-2017, 07:09 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Vt3cy0
I was thinking about building it up N/A and possibly stroking it to 2.5l before tossing any superchargers on it, but I really have no clue where to start with a build like this. I just know my end goal.
if you're looking for na power, the compression ratio of the motor will handicap you when you go boost. My suggestion for the motor would be to fix it when /if it breaks as these are stout with a proper tuner and mods
Old 04-15-2017, 10:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JUSTINTHECOASTIE
if you're looking for na power, the compression ratio of the motor will handicap you when you go boost. My suggestion for the motor would be to fix it when /if it breaks as these are stout with a proper tuner and mods
Makes sense. I've seen these engines to be extremely robust at handling insane power. I emailed LHT about their thoughts on this and they told me to not waste my money.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:29 AM

Makes sense. I've seen these engines to be extremely robust at handling insane power. I emailed LHT about their thoughts on this and they told me to not waste my money.
yep that's the shop I use frequently
Old 04-15-2017, 10:30 AM

yep that's the shop I use frequently
Im gonna try and get in touch with Kraftwerks and see what they can do. Where there's a will, and a big enough pulley, there's a way.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:37 AM

If you go the kraftwerks way, you may be able to ask about a secret setup that uses two blowers powered by hondata
Old 04-15-2017, 10:39 AM

If you go the kraftwerks way, you may be able to ask about a secret setup that uses two blowers powered by hondata
I'm hoping they can figure something out for me. They seem to be one of the S2000 SC experts out there. I know it's feasible to push 800whp out of this motor. Just need someone willing to get the SC set up.
Old 04-15-2017, 05:04 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I was gonna say something along these lines as well. Not sure how determined you are, and or I wouldnt feel right trying to limit your "goal" it sll comes down to you and what you want out of it. Lots of thought and supporting mods will have to be adressed though, start their and work your way to the end. I usually try to back plan and think through every step, this might help as well. I think displacement will be a big determining factor though as the highest stock is only 2.2l. a big thing you might be overlooking is you cant compare a Turbocharger to supercharger. which is what your doing right from the start. Yes #'s are #'s but they behave and all around designed to cater to two totally different power bands. I think you would be very surprised though and happy with anything under that goal, if you wanna big # SC'd S2k, very respectfully and not to be a dick but 800whp on SC'd stock S2k is a pipe dream IMO... GL

Even hitting that goal with a TC stock s2k is no easy task, that video your talking about is pretty much the only one I have ever seen, or they dont last long enough to tell the tale. Mechanical expertise AND Tuning Expertise both play a very big role in how much you will make as well, if one side is lacking the overall potential will fall short.

Last edited by MorngWoodStewie; 04-15-2017 at 06:18 PM.
Old 04-15-2017, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
I was gonna say something along these lines as well. Not sure how determined you are, and or I wouldnt feel right trying to limit your "goal" it sll comes down to you and what you want out of it. Lots of thought and supporting mods will have to be adressed though, start their and work your way to the end. I usually try to back plan and think through every step, this might help as well. I think displacement will be a big determining factor though as the highest stock is only 2.2l. a big thing you might be overlooking is you cant compare a Turbocharger to supercharger. which is what your doing right from the start. Yes #'s are #'s but they behave and all around designed to cater to two totally different power bands. I think you would be very surprised though and happy with anything under that goal, if you wanna big # SC'd S2k, very respectfully and not to be a dick but 800whp on SC'd stock S2k is a pipe dream IMO... GL

Even hitting that goal with a TC stock s2k is no easy task, that video your talking about is pretty much the only one I have ever seen, or they dont last long enough to tell the tale. Mechanical expertise AND Tuning Expertise both play a very big role in how much you will make as well, if one side is lacking the overall potential will fall short.
I was looking at getting the stroker kit to bring me to 2.47l. Honest thought was to do a full N/A build at first to push every little bit out and then toss a SC on her. I wasn't meaning to compare the two, I just would LIKE to hit the same whp goal. I'll be more than happy with anything more than 500whp honestly, but I just wanna see what's possible. I have many big ideas for multiple S2k projects. She's my dream car.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:06 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

I would advise against the NA stroker build n then going FI with it. From the start, if ur gonna stroke an boost I would deffly let the builder know u plan on SC'ing or going FI down the road. It's not just about compressions. I would also seek sum1 that has reputation with these builds for ex. IP I think has pretty good success with these applications.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:10 PM

Originally Posted by MorngWoodStewie
I would advise against the NA stroker build n then going FI with it. From the start, if ur gonna stroke an boost I would deffly let the builder know u plan on SC'ing or going FI down the road. It's not just about compressions. I would also seek sum1 that has reputation with these builds for ex. IP I think has pretty good success with these applications.
Still a bit uneducated in this world. Who is IP? And I'm trying to get in touch with Kraftwerks to see if they could figure something out. Their 400whp kit only has 11.5(?) psi, so if they have something bigger it might work eventually.

Quick Reply: S2000 Supercharger