S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Sleeved Block Necessary

Old 04-02-2007, 10:53 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sleeved Block Necessary

I'm thinking about going with an Inline Pro Turbo kit, and I called the only tuner I know of in Arkansas. I told him my intentions and he said that I would have to sleeve my block if I wanted to do add any kind of FI system. Is this true or do I need to keep away from this guy? FYI I'm looking at getting about 400whp out of this kit. I know I will need to do some other mods but is that a reasonable expectation with the inline kit?
Old 04-02-2007, 11:02 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

No.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:08 AM

Most people just run a thicker headgasket to make their car more safe for FI. I have a sleeved block, but for the most part, I think it might be overkill.
Old 04-02-2007, 11:25 AM

No sleeve required for 400 HP!
Old 04-02-2007, 11:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All you need is a headgasket, which will be 200-300 dollars.

Boost away
Old 04-02-2007, 12:01 PM

I thought this sounded kinda fishy. I've been checking alot of people's mods in their sig and I didn't noticed too many of them with a sleeved block. Maybe I'll just stay away from this shop. Which brings up another problem, I won't have a shop the install/tune my setup after I decide on which kit I want. Any suggestions? BTW, based on personal experience, which is a better, more reliable kit LoveFab or Inline Pro? Thanks for the help.
Old 04-02-2007, 12:35 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by racin_guy21,Apr 2 2007, 12:01 PM
I thought this sounded kinda fishy. I've been checking alot of people's mods in their sig and I didn't noticed too many of them with a sleeved block. Maybe I'll just stay away from this shop. Which brings up another problem, I won't have a shop the install/tune my setup after I decide on which kit I want. Any suggestions? BTW, based on personal experience, which is a better, more reliable kit LoveFab or Inline Pro? Thanks for the help.
That could turn this therad into an ugly debate. There have been quite a few people with some serious issues with the lovefab setup. Actually a thread with pics is somewhere if you have the time to read it. If yo udo read it you will probably decide against the lovefab setup and go with inline pro.

Pros of the lovefab are higher output numbers due to the manifold design
Cons risk of heat, cracking issues due to the manifold design.

Inline pro
Pros cast log manifold, probably never have an issue with.
Cons less power overall with the log design.

Feel fere to correct me if I'm wrong in my short but sweet asessment.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:01 PM

I'm leaning more towards the inline pro kit anyways, lovefab was just a suggestion someone had made one time. I've seen a lot of inline pro kits cranking out some good numbers (well, good enough for me anyways) so I think I'll just go with inline. Thanks for the advice.
Old 04-02-2007, 01:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Both kits are nice. Inline is going to be the more reliable one, and their customer service is incredible. Very cool guys.

The main difference in the kit is the manifold - most turbo kits are very similar with the manifold design being the main difference. The Lovefab GT1 is the one that seems to have the rattling/welding issues (also makes gobs of power), but the V1/Mini-Me manifold hasn't had as many problems I don't think.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:27 PM

Nope, its not needed. If you want 400whp then go with a headgasket, but that's about the limit IMO. Above 400whp I would go with a built bottom end and boost all that your heart desires. BTW, I would be looking for a new tuner if I were you, it doesn't sound like he's too experienced with s2000's.

Quick Reply: Sleeved Block Necessary