S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS Supercharer vs. Kraftwerks vs Vortech...

Old 12-10-2010, 09:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

SOS is a VERY easy install.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by daicacharco,Dec 10 2010, 10:24 PM
SOS is a VERY easy install.
Yep, also has a nice clean OEM look once it's in. Especially if you go with the black.

SoS Stage 2 here. 400 HP on Dynojet and I haven't gone the smallest pulley yet. I'll get that on in the Spring and give it another go. You'll want the upgraded exchanger, big difference in lowered IATs.

No issues with my SL and it's been on for some time now, but if you're nervous about it go with the non-SL if you'd like. I didn't want to mess with extra oil lines and such. I haven't been disappointed and am not nervous about the SL giving out.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:59 AM

Received 102 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by bagherra,Dec 11 2010, 06:27 AM
Yep, also has a nice clean OEM look once it's in. Especially if you go with the black.

SoS Stage 2 here. 400 HP on Dynojet and I haven't gone the smallest pulley yet. I'll get that on in the Spring and give it another go. You'll want the upgraded exchanger, big difference in lowered IATs.

No issues with my SL and it's been on for some time now, but if you're nervous about it go with the non-SL if you'd like. I didn't want to mess with extra oil lines and such. I haven't been disappointed and am not nervous about the SL giving out.
What he said.

I have hands on experience with the SOS and older Comptech kits, I have owned both, and removed both more than once to swap kits and install clutches.

I think you should sell the Vortec kit, you have a new car, YOUR A BALLER, so you need a new SC setup. Plus, sorry Vortec guys, but the kit is not attractive in my eyes and I have a few things I do not like about it but I wont gripe here.

Honestly, If you get the options with the SOS kit, its the best setup. Get the Novi 1200 upgrade for a few bucks more, get the upgraded heat exchanger, and if you want, get the SL (beware some people have had issues with theirs, but no issues with non SL options. I have the SL with 3000 miles on it and no issues yet). With the SOS kit, you will never feel strapped when you want more HP, as this kit has been proven to push up to nearly 600whp on a stock F22 (not saying you'll want to do that, but its nice to know you can always add more power, say maybe later down the line if you want to built your engine). Seeing as how you have a DBW car, you'll be running Hondata FlashPro and Injectors, I recommend the ID1000s RIGHT AWAY on your car, so pass on the RC650s as you will max them out quickly, not to mention the ID's are much better than the RCs.

The KW is a great kit too, I like the fact it uses a front mount intercooler, but its just like the GReddy kit, once you bolt it on, its all the power you get, not a single HP more, without a lot of supporting mods that "might" add a few HPs. I have a close friend who has the KW kit and swears by it, in his signature he has his personal reviews, mods list, current HP and other useful links, check it out here: https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showuser=50964. He is just like myself, maybe even worse, hes super anal and picky about what he does, you can trust his judgment.

I hope this helps you

Old 12-11-2010, 08:37 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

[QUOTE=RAIN H8R,Dec 11 2010, 04:59 AM]......I think you should sell the Vortec kit, you have a new car, YOUR A BALLER, so you need a new SC setup.
Old 12-11-2010, 08:51 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Agreed! One of the nicest setups I have seen.
Old 12-11-2010, 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by Sideways,Dec 11 2010, 09:37 AM
I have noticed several posts complaining about the looks of the Vortech.

I guess the top dog has to put up with stuff like that.

IMHO, the Vortech and SOS kits are both good platforms.

Quick comparo...

Name:  IMG_8016.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  71.8 KB

I'm not big on chrome so this does it for me. Subtle and looks like it came that way from the factory.

All in all can't go wrong with Vortec or SoS. Both proven, reliable power.
Old 12-11-2010, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jumpman2k,Dec 10 2010, 08:22 PM
You and me both! I'm nearly decided on KW at this point, but as I'm not likely to actually have it put on for a least a couple months, nothing's set in stone.

Must be nice to live near actual vendors of this kind of stuff! One reason I haven't bought yet is that we just don't have a lot of tuners / installers around here.

I think the best part of this dilemma, though, is that you really can't lose either way
i quoted you just to say holy shit jumpman was such a fun game to play as a kid. i have told so many people about it and they look at me like im crazy.

ROFLROFLROFL. classic dude. nice avatar and name.
Old 12-11-2010, 01:30 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

Since you have the Vortech I would definitely go with that. Easily capable of the power you want and as others have said can upgrade it later on or now if you want.
If you like the black look of the SOS just powder coat it. That's all that the SOS is is powder coated. Besides that would look very similar and both with get you 400 hp no problem.
Old 12-11-2010, 02:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by camuman,Dec 11 2010, 04:43 PM
i quoted you just to say holy shit jumpman was such a fun game to play as a kid. i have told so many people about it and they look at me like im crazy.

ROFLROFLROFL. classic dude. nice avatar and name.
LoL, thanks! Yes, awesome game, and hard to explain to people exactly WHY it was so damn addicting. But I loved that game and have been using various forms of it as a nickname for years.

Back to topic, though
Old 12-12-2010, 09:56 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just another data point. I drive an AP1 with a custom Rotrex SC that should be very similar to the KW. While at the track recently, I had a chance to drive another AP1 with Comptech SC. Both cars are fairly equally prepped and running about the same peak boost (9-10). Peak power felt similar but the Rotrex had a ton more low end and mid range. I was amazed how different the boost curve felt. I imagine this is true for most centrifugal blowers compared to the Rotrex.

Quick Reply: SOS Supercharer vs. Kraftwerks vs Vortech...