S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

SOS Supercharger Kit FAQ Sticky

Old 02-21-2019, 09:02 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Originally Posted by kjdm7
After reading all 147 pages of this thread, I've decided to pull the trigger on a Stage 2 kit for my 2006. I have one last issue that I can't figure out though. For engine management, SOS supplies the KTuner EMS instead of Hondata FlashPro. From what I can tell, tuners seem to prefer the FlashPro. I've talked to a local tuner who can do KTuner, but even he seemed more comfortable with FlashPro. So I'm wondering if anyone's got experience with KTuner? Should I stick with whats supplied or ask SOS to send me a FlashPro instead???
Why not just do the SOS tuner kit and supply your own flashpro? You can run any size pulley you want as well, and not be fixed to 9psi. The blower and motor will handle much more. Might as well do the 1200 optional upgrade as well. You will get more for your money, rather then being locked into a stage 2 supplied package.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Why not just do the SOS tuner kit and supply your own flashpro? You can run any size pulley you want as well, and not be fixed to 9psi. The blower and motor will handle much more. Might as well do the 1200 optional upgrade as well. You will get more for your money, rather then being locked into a stage 2 supplied package.
As best I can tell, buying the tuner kit + EMS + fuel system a la carte seems to cost more than just buying the package with KTuner. Other maybe relevant details that I left out are that I plan on doing the 1200 upgrade. Haven't decided on pulley size yet. Basically I want the smaller pulley size only if I dont need to get into the other upgrades like MAP sensors, fueling, and all the other stuff that isn't supplied with the stage 2 kit.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:11 AM

As best I can tell, buying the tuner kit + EMS + fuel system a la carte seems to cost more than just buying the package with KTuner. Other maybe relevant details that I left out are that I plan on doing the 1200 upgrade. Haven't decided on pulley size yet. Basically I want the smaller pulley size only if I dont need to get into the other upgrades like MAP sensors, fueling, and all the other stuff that isn't supplied with the stage 2 kit.
To complicate things even further, the old kW kit is currently on the car, so technically I've got an engine management system (hondata reflash?) and fuel system (650 or 750 injectors, 255 fuel pump, i believe) in place, but I'm not sure I want to keep it.
Old 02-21-2019, 09:34 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Hmmm not sure about that but may be close. Here is a quick breakdown for you. $4500 for the tuner kit, plus $75 for 1200 upgrade, and $125 for pulley and belt. That's $4700. 750cc injectors are good for about 400whp, so if you want to max out everything then yes you will need ID 1000 which puts you at $450 assuming new not used. $600-700 for flashpro - if you need it. Either kit you will want the larger racing heat exchanger so that's same. Stage 2 is $5600 with optional 12000. So cost wise weigh out the components you have to have/need vs what you don't and factor in what you may get in the stage 2 that doesn't work for you and will need replacing as well. Weigh it all out.
Old 04-26-2019, 06:10 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Normally I search for things but considering this is a 30-page thread...

Are the actual SOS instructions for install posted anywhere in the thread? Specifically the Stage 2, Novi 1200 with the larger racing heat exchanger. I have it installed already, but I'd just like to learn as much as possible since I didn't do the install myself.
Old 04-26-2019, 08:32 AM

Received 50 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by davidc1

Are the actual SOS instructions for install posted anywhere in the thread? Specifically the Stage 2, Novi 1200 with the larger racing heat exchanger. I have it installed already, but I'd just like to learn as much as possible since I didn't do the install myself.
Ahem...

and...
https://www.scribd.com/document/3984...Install-Manual
Old 04-28-2019, 05:59 AM

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by spaded.racer
Thanks very much. What I meant to say was I did search using the terms "installation" and "manual", but no hits and didn't want to manually scroll through 30 pages. Thanks for the link. It appears taht there may be something missing though.

At one point they say they will "prime the water pump" in a later step, but that step never appears.
Old 04-29-2019, 10:29 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

Originally Posted by davidc1

here you go
https://www55.zippyshare.com/v/jxXp2F4U/file.html
Old 05-04-2019, 12:06 AM

Anyone has 6inch asp crank pulley running with a 3.8 blower pulley??? Wanna know which size belt to run
Old 05-07-2019, 08:16 AM

Quick update -- I was finally able to get the SOS stage 2 kit with 1200 blower and 3.8 pulley installed. Having fueling issues over 7k, and the tuner suspects fuel pump issue (running what I believe is a walbro 255 installed by previous owner). Before the fuel issues, the car was at about 350ish hp and 250tq at about 7k rpm on a Mustang dyno. Tuner limited revs to 7k until I get a new fuel pump and we get the tune finished

Compared to my the old kw kit, the car seems to run more smoothly across the entire RPM range. The "coffee-grinder" sound from the blower is taking a little getting used to, but its overall more quiet than my rotrex setup. I'll have a more complete numbers once the fueling issues are solved and tuning is complete, but I am enjoying the SOS kit so far.

Quick Reply: SOS Supercharger Kit FAQ Sticky