S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Started a thing this weekend: Gilly's SoT Hot Side Blower Build

Old 09-27-2020, 09:24 AM

Received 681 Likes on 388 Posts

Originally Posted by camuman
Ahhhhh! SOT setup! I had one of the first kits way back in the day. It was a ton of fun to drive. Instapower and very quick. Nice to see some of these still floating around.

Few things I learned through experience.

The blower mounting bracket can break. I had one break on me at the mounting hole to the exhaust manifold bolts.

Don't spray meth through the blower. It caused the rotor coating to peel.

Check your throttle cable mounting well. I had mine pop off a few times. Kind of annoying.

Watch the 1 to 2 shift. Instapower made that money shift interesting lol

I do miss the whine of the blower.

Can't wait to see it up and running and good luck with the project!
thanks!! The blower mount will eventually be redesigned to fit a tvs 1320, so maybe when it breaks that’s the time to upgrade

Last edited by Gilly_S2KFreak; 09-27-2020 at 09:27 AM.
Old 09-27-2020, 09:29 AM

having mobile version issues haha keeps deleting half the post.

Ahhhhh! SOT setup! I had one of the first kits way back in the day. It was a ton of fun to drive. Instapower and very quick. Nice to see some of these still floating around.

The blower mounting bracket can break. I had one break on me at the mounting hole to the exhaust manifold bolts.

Check your throttle cable mounting well. I had mine pop off a few times. Kind of annoying.

thanks!! The blower mount will eventually be redesigned to fit a tvs 1320, so maybe when it breaks that’s the time to upgrade haha. Or at least the time to convince the wife of it.

I’m excited but there is a lot of work to do still. Working on some relocation of items still (pic of first prototype of the eps relocation bracket below) and I will need to slowly buy the couple of items over the winter so I can hopefully get tuned in the spring (injectors, wide band /boost aem failsafe gauge, new colder plugs for the heck of it because they’re cheap)

I also have an ap2 transmission/driveshaft to throw in when I’m able to get puddy money to finish my osgiken lsd rear end build hopefully that will give me some piece of mind if I blow my transmission

Old 09-27-2020, 11:22 AM

I can totally see what you mean about the throttle cable btw. I’ll have to figure something out. Might look at a different mount for it. For now... locktite

Old 09-28-2020, 12:23 PM

Looks like prototype 2 of the eps mount where the battery support bracket is in the fender area was a success. Time to get her made out of aluminum and see what tweaks need to be done.

I didn’t want to pay $99 for two brackets from a company that a google search found, one bracket I wouldn’t even use. So designing my own with my coworker and testing it with a 3D printer worked out better haha.

Old 09-30-2020, 11:02 AM

if this first aluminum version works, it'll get a coat of paint and never be seen again!

Old 04-01-2021, 06:29 AM

Well, its been a slow few months for me due to some other things going on. But, I've been slowly working on some things. I was able to get the driveshaft out and the AP1 rear end out. Next up will be getting the transmission out. All of this is in preparation for the Puddy Mod Stage 4 rear end with OSGiken Super Lock 1.5 LSD. I'm still having some issues with my EPS after relocation that I'll be putting on hold until everything is running.

I'm also working with HiSpec to get the BBK sorted out so I can get those installed. I have them mocked up which I'm pretty pumped about, I was able to modify the dust shields so everything would mock up nicely. These will go back onto the back burner for now and OEM put back on while I work on finishing up the S/C build.

Still waiting on some funds for injectors, a new wideband, an a tune.

my what a nice shaft you have.

yeah, should have bought a trans jack, oh well.

Rear end fully out!

rear brakes getting torn apart for a rebuild

Mocking up the front to make sure cutouts of dust shield are sufficient

front fully mocked up, disks will be replaced.

front size comparison.
Old 07-14-2021, 05:38 PM
G2G

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Nice to see this. I also have an SOT kit that I've had sitting around waiting to put on for a few years, good to see someone else with the same mindset. Good on ya, keep it up, you'll definitely beat me to getting it up and running but it'll be a sweet sound and pull once you do!