S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Strut tower braces that clear the SOS charger?

Old 06-16-2011, 09:32 AM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Strut tower braces that clear the SOS charger?

Looking for a high quality front strut tower brace - what are you guys using that will clear the SOS charger?

thanks
rick
Old 06-16-2011, 12:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've got the Comptech (now CT Engineering) titanium brace. It clears, but it's not fun getting everything to fit.
Old 06-16-2011, 01:18 PM

^any picture of your engine bay? Do you think it's worth the headache?

Oddly enough the Cusco brace I had fits over the Comptech just fine but not the SOS
Old 06-16-2011, 03:04 PM

Sure. Mine is covered in red carbon fiber, so it's thicker than it originally was.

It was a headache getting the aftercooler into place. Wasn't sure it would fit the first time, but now I've installed & removed it four times. It gets easier each time, but is still not fun. Yes I think it's worth it. I'm one of the people who believes a strut brace makes a difference.
Old 06-16-2011, 06:06 PM

^hey, for your BOV, is it connected back to the intake tube?

I like to have the "whoosh" sound so I left it venting to atmosphere in my old Comptech setup but have yet to do so with the SOS setup....

Nice STB
Old 06-16-2011, 08:14 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

TO, is that the 928 Motorsport boost limiter valve?
Old 06-17-2011, 06:59 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by s4play
^any picture of your engine bay? Do you think it's worth the headache?

Oddly enough the Cusco brace I had fits over the Comptech just fine but not the SOS
strut tower braces dont have any real impact on S2000's, If it gives you problems just sell it IMO
Old 06-17-2011, 09:53 AM

Yes, that's the 928 motorsports boost limiter valve. I had it welded onto the aftercooler and painted black.

My BOV (or diverter valve, or whatever it's called) vents to atmosphere. It was originally plugged into the SC intake, but that just recirculates hot air and makes the SC loud while heat soaking the aftercooler when the engine idles. Now it's running through that long hose (shown laying on top of the radiator in that pic) and blows out through a filter. I used that hose to route the blowoff down under the driver's side fender so I couldn't hear it making noise.

Mine never made a whoosh sound... It's a Bosch diverter valve and if anything just sounded like it was rattling when it vented. I'm happy not to hear it anymore!
Old 06-17-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Torque Obsessed
Yes, that's the 928 motorsports boost limiter valve. I had it welded onto the aftercooler and painted black.

My BOV (or diverter valve, or whatever it's called) vents to atmosphere. It was originally plugged into the SC intake, but that just recirculates hot air and makes the SC loud while heat soaking the aftercooler when the engine idles. Now it's running through that long hose (shown laying on top of the radiator in that pic) and blows out through a filter. I used that hose to route the blowoff down under the driver's side fender so I couldn't hear it making noise.

Mine never made a whoosh sound... It's a Bosch diverter valve and if anything just sounded like it was rattling when it vented. I'm happy not to hear it anymore!
The "whoosh" sound is best if used with a Greddy Type-S valve like I had on my previous 05 Rio with CTSC. I'm using a Forge Motorsports on this car and can't tell what sound it makes till I get it vented. Going to drop by Autozone after work to find something to cap the intake hole temporarily until I get my new HKS system on there.

here's a picture of my previous Rio (you can see the Greddy BOV and brace that fits over the blower:

Old 06-18-2011, 10:35 AM

Man that's a nice looking engine bay! Good point about the Greddy BOV. It never occurred to me to change mine out for a better sound... I might try that.

Quick Reply: Strut tower braces that clear the SOS charger?