S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Supercharger + OEM Exhaust...

Old 02-13-2005, 11:48 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

You were wise to post this up here. My opinion is only one of many. This way, you can see what others have to say on the subject and everyone can benefit from seeing the replies.
Personally, I am running the Fuji and I love the sound and performance. Not so loud when I want to drive normally through my neighborhood yet very free flowing that it mates well with the Vortech. What my "butt dyno" found to be the most effective mod when blown is the removal of the cat. This seemed to open up the system very effectively for F.I. and I can feel the car being a bit more "zippy". I don't know if this is legal where you live, so it may not be an option for you.
Many people have run superchargers with the stock exhaust and are quite satisfied with the performance. However, if you are concerned about actual dyno numbers, then I guess every last HP counts. I think going from any single to any dual will see enough change in exhaust flow that the numbers will drop and going to the OEM exhaust will most likely show the biggest drop. How much of a drop and how important to you this is, will only be by your own perception. There comes a point with some owners when you must compromise between sound, noise, performance and durability. We all have different ideas of compromise.
Old 02-13-2005, 12:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i like the whole sleeper thing, but this invidia is getting to me. WAY TO LOUD
Old 02-13-2005, 12:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks xviper. If anybody with their SC setup and OEM exhaust post a dyno we could examine the graph for reference.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:39 PM

I spoke to Shad @ Comptech and he said it was at least a 10 WHP gain with an exhaust on a SC car. I have heard of people running 2.5" aftermarket exhaust and then changing to 3" when boosting above 12 PSI. A stock exhaust is TOO restrictive on any type of FI car.
Old 02-13-2005, 02:42 PM

Some single exahusts alone are known to adding 10 hp to a stock S. I figure a single exhaust on a s/c car would atleast make 15-20hp.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:32 PM

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

my opinion on this is, using oem would be fine. it will be a sleeper which I wanted to have before I got into an accident. anyway, it is not just the hp gain on after market. the weight is a factor as well. oem weighs about 50~60 lbs. where aftter market is between 15 ~ 25 lbs.

in conclusion, I think changing to AM exhaust will save you may be .1~.2 sec on 1/4 mile. if you are going for nice sound, weight saving, and little HP gain, go for it.
Old 02-13-2005, 03:38 PM

Thanks for the feedback guys, I'm just looking for some solid evidence on whether the OEM exhaust will dyno close to what Comptech claims there kit will produce.
Old 02-13-2005, 07:16 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Interesting.When i installed a hks exhaust on a vortech equipped car there was no difference in power output on the dyno.Perhaps this was not the best exhaust for the car.The stock exhaust does flow extremely well and is very quiet,which i personally prefer.I dealt with a 3 inch thermal system on my turbo integra,and after a while it got damned sickeningFor my vortech s ill stick with the stocker until i can find a cheap mugen(fat chance).To each is his or her own i guess!
Old 02-13-2005, 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by joes sled 2000' date='Feb 13 2005, 08:16 PM
Interesting.When i installed a hks exhaust on a vortech equipped car there was no difference in power output on the dyno.Perhaps this was not the best exhaust for the car.The stock exhaust does flow extremely well and is very quiet,which i personally prefer.I dealt with a 3 inch thermal system on my turbo integra,and after a while it got damned sickeningFor my vortech s ill stick with the stocker until i can find a cheap mugen(fat chance).To each is his or her own i guess!
Are you running the oem cat or straight pipe? maybe with OEM exhaust + straight pipe it would flow similar to a dual aftermarket exhaust?
Old 02-13-2005, 09:15 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think Honda Tuning magazine did a dyno on the Comptech kit with stock exhaust. This was while ago, but I remember it was a white one with Comptech sideskirts and aftermarket seats. I dont remember the results though. Try doing a search on there website.

Quick Reply: Supercharger + OEM Exhaust...