S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

T1r Sparrow or HKS dual for FI

Old 12-11-2006, 10:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default T1r Sparrow or HKS dual for FI

Time to get the exhaust, looking at the T1R Sparrow, I hear it's pretty loud with a drone. I'll do it if I have to, don't want exuast gating my performance. Not really into LOUD but I know that I need to be pretty free flowing so I'll be louder than I REALLY want anyway. Which dual works best for turbo and which is quietest (of the 2 anyway)? If there are any other suggestions I'm open.

Thanks,

MM
Old 12-11-2006, 10:41 AM

The stock exhaust is pretty free flowing as it is. A lot of folks have run upwards of 400+HP on their stock exhausts, or so I've read. The only thing about it is that it's heavier than hell and doesn't look "blingy".

The T1R Sparrow seems to be a good choice for FI, especially if you're referring to the new 70mm version.

I had an HKS Hyper on my Comptech supercharged ride, but didn't really notice a performance gain (or loss for that matter). It sounded nice (especially in VTEC), and weighed less than the stock exhaust. In the end, I wanted stock looks and a quieter noise level for my car, so I took off the HKS and went back to stock. No regrets here!
Old 12-11-2006, 10:58 AM

ultimate racing duals
Old 12-11-2006, 11:39 AM

the HKS dual is not a good exhaust for FI. We have seen the T1R sparrow, (not the 70mm), dyno fairly well be still restrictive.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:56 AM

Yeah, not really looking into heavy gains just don't want to restrict the flow too much and would like to lose some weight. I'm putting a GT35 on toward the end of the month (Thanks Inline!), I know 3" is optimum but loud, I drive over 100 miles a day and don't want my head buzzing all day with a crazy drone. I'm not opposed to more volume (noise), especially @ WOT but just not to the point where it makes the commute less enjoyable at "normal" driving levels. I'll probably end up with more than one in the end to find what I'm looking for but for now I want to see what the turbo can do, so I can live with some noise until I make the determination of what's too loud for me (don't care about the other guy so much).

Thanks for your suggestions guys.
Old 12-11-2006, 11:59 AM

Originally Posted by Mistman,Dec 11 2006, 12:56 PM
Yeah, not really looking into heavy gains just don't want to restrict the flow too much and would like to lose some weight. I'm putting a GT35 on toward the end of the month (Thanks Inline!), I know 3" is optimum but loud, I drive over 100 miles a day and don't want my head buzzing all day with a crazy drone. I'm not opposed to more volume (noise), especially @ WOT but just not to the point where it makes the commute less enjoyable at "normal" driving levels. I'll probably end up with more than one in the end to find what I'm looking for but for now I want to see what the turbo can do, so I can live with some noise until I make the determination of what's too loud for me (don't care about the other guy so much).

Thanks for your suggestions guys.
Wow, you drive over 100miles a day with F/I? How's the reliability? Sorry for the noob questions, but I want to go boost pretty soon.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:04 PM

Don't know yet, I just ordered it and am planning the install at the end of the month/1st of the year.

I'll definately let you know but I've heard turbo's can be very reliable. I'm going fairly conservative, the Inlinepro w/GT35 upgrade, 675 inj., AEM EMS, and a couple other things. Going to work w/7 psi for a while and see how I like it. Right now I'm not worried at all but like I said I'll keep people updated.

MM
Old 12-11-2006, 12:19 PM

it should be fun for you.

I have a local that has the comptech exhaust. Although it is fairly restrictive it didn't seem too bad vs the HKS. It looks and sounds great.

I also have another customer who runs the T1R dual sparrow. Also looks and sounds great, and fairly restrictive. I think both would work well for you specially if you drive 100miles a day
Old 12-11-2006, 12:33 PM

[QUOTE=ya@inlinepro,Dec 11 2006, 01:19 PM] it should be fun for you.

I have a local that has the comptech exhaust.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:40 PM

going from a restrictive 2.5" exhaust setup to a 3" exhaust single outlet setup, you can see anywhere from 15-30+ hp depending on the level of boost.

Quick Reply: T1r Sparrow or HKS dual for FI