S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Thoughts about the AEM Serial Gauge?

Old 12-17-2009, 08:04 AM
Lex

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Thoughts about the AEM Serial Gauge?

I finally completed the install of my SC over the weekend and need to get some gauges or preferably a single gauge to monitor the key parameters. The water temp gauge on the cluster isn't working anymore b/c Im using the AEM EMS and I think this is pretty important to have plus maybe boost, A/F, etc..lol.. Anyway, after researching some, it looks like the AEM Serial gauge could work. Is anyone currently runing a single serial gauge and are you happy with it? Would you recommend I get this single gauge or do I need to go all out and get several? I will if I have to get serveral gauges but I would like to be discrete about my FI. Any other make that does something similar but may work better? This is my DD and I don't track the car or anything like that. Just enjoy driving the S around south florda like its suppose to be driven! Any advice or recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Lex
Old 12-17-2009, 08:25 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

the serial guage is a very powerfull tool.. it can do ALOT of things

however the software kind of sucks and has a very steep learning curve
Old 12-17-2009, 09:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I started with just an A/F gauge for my EMS. I soon sprung for the serial gauge. Shoulda just got it to begin with. I recommend it if you are running EMS and like to see vitals, but dont want to have to data log every day.

It does require some time and tinkering to get it set up and to your liking. But the rewards are great. It shows what Honda has always lacked in the gauge dept. And also you will need to do the kpsi to psi conversion in your head for boost. 10kpsi=1.45psi on the serial gauge.
Old 12-17-2009, 09:52 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by roy365,Dec 17 2009, 10:19 AM
I started with just an A/F gauge for my EMS. I soon sprung for the serial gauge. Shoulda just got it to begin with. I recommend it if you are running EMS and like to see vitals, but dont want to have to data log every day.

It does require some time and tinkering to get it set up and to your liking. But the rewards are great. It shows what Honda has always lacked in the gauge dept. And also you will need to do the kpsi to psi conversion in your head for boost. 10kpsi=1.45psi on the serial gauge.
It displays psi for me

I made a thread I believe on it, several people helped me out, but I can't remember how I set it up now.

Old 12-17-2009, 09:53 AM

I didnt know the AEM gauges were self dimming and one day I was driving under trees and the gauge started to dim and brighten rapidly. I thought my car was about to die. So dont let that catch you off gaurd.
Old 12-17-2009, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by Lex,Dec 17 2009, 12:04 PM
The water temp gauge on the cluster isn't working anymore b/c Im using the AEM EMS
Use this...

http://www.modifry.com/products/ect/index.htm
Old 12-17-2009, 10:23 AM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

You can display the water temp on you serial gauge
Old 12-17-2009, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by devs2k,Dec 17 2009, 11:08 AM
It's what I'm using.

Word to the wise, their is also a thread on here for the IAT and water temp corrections.

If you don't change these, you will think your car is running hot when it's not.

AEM didn't get the cal's quite right.

Just a friendly FYI.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:09 AM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

the gauge will display whatever units your aem is setup for.

if its set to use kpa for load the serial gauge will say kpa, if its set for Psi it will display psi. If its set for Celsius it will display that.
Old 12-17-2009, 11:18 AM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I never understood why people wanted to be 'discrete' about their FI when it comes to their gauges. Its one thing to not want 5 or 6 of them staring at you in the face all the time (that I agree with), but its another to try and hide them or consolidate them so they're less noticeable to other people. Like seriously...what FI setup do you know that doesn't attract attention? Turbo cars scream and SC cars whine...no single gauge in the world is going to change that.

/rant

Quick Reply: Thoughts about the AEM Serial Gauge?