S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Tough luck sharing a map

Old 06-04-2012, 05:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tough luck sharing a map

I don't know if its me or what......
how come this s2000 community has problem sharing a map?
When someone ask for a map, tough luck to get it -- what's the secret? I don't understand.

.....The user can't use it anyway but might help him compare some parameters -- i don't understand.
Old 06-04-2012, 05:50 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

^ I think the issue is people like Evans, Mase, LJ, RSP, P-Tuning etc bust their asses to learn and master their trade ya know....................to make money and feed their familes, so when people like me (and others) pay for their expertise yea we might have an issue just GIVING you his work, that WE paid for. I have showed people my timing map to help them out or compare but to just send someone a CAL file just because is slighly frowned upon, for me anyway

PS The user can USE it if they have the same set-up theoretically
Old 06-04-2012, 05:55 AM

Well, I'm not talking about the tuners --- they are out there to compete and make money.
I'm sure the owner has a backup and that's what i'm talking about.
The map is not own by the tuner, there is no copyright.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:07 AM

What did you not understand about Joey's post? Why is someone going to give you their map they payed $500+ for?
Old 06-04-2012, 06:41 AM

Really comes down to personal preference. Some people will be fine with sharing their map and others won't be. If you're running into a lot of people on s2ki that don't want to you really can't be upset with them because of the reason that JoeyBalls gave. It is their map and they paid for it.

I see lots of people willing to help out on here if you run into a problem. Tossing up suggestions and ideas all the time.

But like JoeyBalls said "PS The user can USE it if they have the same set-up theoretically" But in the end every car will need to be fine tuned. No car is 100% alike.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sohc_mshue
What did you not understand about Joey's post? Why is someone going to give you their map they payed $500+ for?
+1

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-04-2012, 07:01 AM

^ +10000000
Old 06-04-2012, 07:09 AM

With the mitsubishi evo club with all used to share our maps on geekmapped website. People that paid tuners and people that mapped their own cars like me, it even came out that a couple of guys had paid tuners top whack for custom remaps that was just the stock map with the boost limit and speed limit removed! Shocking haha
Old 06-04-2012, 07:10 AM

Many moon ago when the 1st time a standalone ecu came, we shared the parameters using Electromotive and Motec. During those years
we manually enter & calculate the value..say the injector offset time, time on for gama, firing scheme, peak duty cycle, enrichments table - tps blend - acceleration enrichment - map compensation - coolant - volumetric efficiency - advance table - ego - knock table then AIR FUEL RATIO & many many more. These has to be calculated by the user
and bust our brain manually calculating but we shared it to others for references. We learned. There is no such thing as basic map.

Today's advance programming on all the ecu (like AEM), they are plug and play - the tuner enter a value and the software does it for him, it's not a big secret.
80% of their job is to plug the value of air fuel mixtures in the table....booom its done! Software are friendlier & does everything for him.

You don't want to share because of the money you paid for -- it's understandable & I respect it, I also understand what walking drunken said --- "personal preference". although, I haven't seen it yet.
Old 06-04-2012, 10:55 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exactly what everyone else said. Now, what I will tell you is this; Learn how to tune just like I did and you won't have to be upset about people not sharing maps. What tuners are sometimes willing to do is help you understand tuning and maybe answer some tuning questions but they will not just give you a map. The other important reason is because what works for one person may not work for another and you may blow your shit up.

I have learned many things from Mase, LJ, Jay, MBTER, Shue Tuning, Tony, and the list goes on. Compiled info and countless hours of reading works wonders.

Quick Reply: Tough luck sharing a map