S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

is turbo reliable for only 300 - 350 whp

Old 10-30-2005, 10:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ Most turbo S2000 owners don't have any problems at lower level boost but for some reason I did. But now, with double the boost with a few new parts, I didn't have any problem.

As far as a SC goes, you should have no problems at all if you stay at a recommended psi level. Also with my CTSC setup, I was running a HKS BOV and at high rpms you could hear the BOV but not as loud as a turbo set. I think that is because at 6-9psi on a SC, you don't get that high psi until around 7-9rpm and by that time I think the noise gets deluded a little between exhaust and VTEC noise. But with a turbo you can get full 6-9 psi around 4k rpms (depending on your setup).

So IMO if you want more power out of a S2000 and you want to keep it safe, street legal, and does not void your warranty, I would go with Comptech SC with headers, exhaust and 4.56 gears. And you will need a stronger clutch. I went with the ACT and Comptech flywheel. Hope that helps.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:06 PM

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Quick point here. Broken valves and retainers are not a boost or tuning issue. They are related to overrevs or are just a fatigue failure. I doubt the turbo had anything to do with it and it is just a coincidence or mistake during tuning.

Now if you'd melted a piston or damaged a cylinder that would be a different story.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:07 PM

The other point is that you do not retain your warranty with the Comptech SC. Some dealers offer to cover warranty claims but it will not be Honda's warranty.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:33 PM

Are you positive abut the warranty issue? I know with the NSX, it does not void the warranty.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:51 PM

Firstly, nothing 'voids' a warranty. But Honda can deny claims based on modifications should it be suspected to be the cause of the problem.

Honda (or in your case AHM) would deny any claim for engine or drivetrain failure on a SC'd car.

BUT, some Honda dealers (private companies, not AHM) have an agreement with Comptech and may provide some warranty on systems they supply and install. It is not a Honda/AHM warranty.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:40 PM
WVT

thx a lot nsxinsac . . ur really helpful . . i really like the whole turbo thing tho with the nice BOV sound and the intercooler look . . i kno there are those intercooler conversions for the SC but turbos jus sound so good . . n also have more power all around .. but then SC has the reliability . . why couldnt there jus be a good turbo out there . . maybe lovefab . . but it hasnt been out there as long as the comptech sc so really hard to say . .
Old 11-02-2005, 07:31 AM

Originally Posted by WVT,Nov 1 2005, 03:40 PM
thx a lot nsxinsac . . ur really helpful . . i really like the whole turbo thing tho with the nice BOV sound and the intercooler look . . i kno there are those intercooler conversions for the SC but turbos jus sound so good . . n also have more power all around .. but then SC has the reliability . . why couldnt there jus be a good turbo out there . . maybe lovefab . . but it hasnt been out there as long as the comptech sc so really hard to say . .
Compare the Turbo Dyno sheets to the SC dyno sheets. They may be able to help you decide how you want the power delivered. Low boost settings are going to yield the same peak HP numbers, but the torque will be delivered differently.

I my Turbo!

Old 11-02-2005, 05:00 PM
Former Moderator

Received 298 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by AusS2000,Oct 30 2005, 06:51 PM
Firstly, nothing 'voids' a warranty. But Honda can deny claims based on modifications should it be suspected to be the cause of the problem.

Honda (or in your case AHM) would deny any claim for engine or drivetrain failure on a SC'd car.

BUT, some Honda dealers (private companies, not AHM) have an agreement with Comptech and may provide some warranty on systems they supply and install. It is not a Honda/AHM warranty.
Exactly.

Comptech doesn't warranty the rest of the drivetrain, it's up to the installing dealer if they want to cover it. A non-Comptech dealer won't cover any drivetrain issue as AHM reimburses them for warranty claims.

Pretty simply, FI = the drivetrain warranty is gone.
Old 11-03-2005, 07:58 PM

Originally Posted by WVT,Oct 30 2005, 10:36 AM
the reason i was asking for a turbo was bcus i really wanted the tubro BOV sound . . but if turbos have too many problems then i guess SC is the way .. what do u guys think?
Ok, i know this is my first post, and i dont even own an S2000. So tell me off or whatever, but i know a thing or too about boosted cars. I own GTI VR6 with a Vortech V2sq.

That's the wrong reason to want to boost your car. I guess if u can afford to have everything set up the right way and know how to maintian it then god bless. But seriosuly that's a lot of money to drop just for a whistle. If your serious about making power then go turbo, if ur just after the sound and the cool factor, get a SC. My friend has the vortech kit on his s2k, and the bov is more than enough to sound bad ass.

Just my .02, take it for what you will.

PS, after driving my friends s2k, my gti felt like a school bus and is now for sale for an s2000
Old 11-03-2005, 08:05 PM

Or get one of these:

Quick Reply: is turbo reliable for only 300 - 350 whp