S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

unknown reason for boost cut?

Old 05-24-2012, 02:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default unknown reason for boost cut?

so my car is almost finished with only one issue. when i come in to boost at 6500rpm(no matter what gear) it seems like the car hits antilag and pops and sputters, also getting some compressor surge when i let off. I run a series 1 aem ems with a mac solenoid. ecu was unplugged for about 6 months if that matters? im also running dual pumps with fullblowns setup

I know the boost solenoid has the vacuum lines running to it properly. But which pins on the d plug should be used? and can the wires have to be a certain way?

car runs great besides this issue and i did a full shave and tuck so i knew i was bound to have at least one issue to come up with all of the rewiring.

Any help is appreciated thanks a lot
Old 05-24-2012, 02:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wastegate lines still on?

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW
Old 05-24-2012, 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by DFWs2k
Wastegate lines still on?

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW
yep i have them run properly
Old 05-24-2012, 03:39 PM

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bmccoy300ex
so my car is almost finished with only one issue. when i come in to boost at 6500rpm(no matter what gear) it seems like the car hits antilag and pops and sputters, also getting some compressor surge when i let off. I run a series 1 aem ems with a mac solenoid. ecu was unplugged for about 6 months if that matters? im also running dual pumps with fullblowns setup

I know the boost solenoid has the vacuum lines running to it properly. But which pins on the d plug should be used? and can the wires have to be a certain way?

car runs great besides this issue and i did a full shave and tuck so i knew i was bound to have at least one issue to come up with all of the rewiring.

Can you post a log?
Old 05-24-2012, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by spectacle
Originally Posted by bmccoy300ex' timestamp='1337898606' post='21727457

Can you post a log?
dont have a laptop with the software yet
Old 05-24-2012, 05:38 PM

Anyone else?
Old 05-24-2012, 10:52 PM

was the car down for a long period of time?? if it was i had a similar problem to urs. i have an ap1 with an inline pro stage 1 kit on it and at around 62-6500 i would hit a wall and it wouldn't let me go past it. if i babied it into the throttle it would be fine.

My problem ended up being that the fuel pump went bad. I ordered a new walbro 255 from amazon, (ebay there are a lot of fakes) and installed that with a new filter that goes on the fuel pump, and the actual fuel filter assembly that the pump sits in. After i changed that it went back to being normal. LIke u said driving it under 6500 rpm it would drive like it was stock. no problems what so ever, but after i hit 6500 it would die on me.
Old 05-25-2012, 04:49 AM

Car was down for about 6 months. I had one 255 before and I just bought another one. Old pump was stored in a full tank of fuel while all of the other work was done. I'm gonna get a log here soon. But thanks for the help man. Hopefully that isn't my problem cause that dual hanger is a bitch to install haha
Old 05-25-2012, 04:58 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

is car tuned? possibly overboosting? maybe 2 step set up wrong.
Old 05-25-2012, 05:43 AM

It is tuned but it ran good before I did the shave and tuck. Can an aem forget the tube over time or something I'm lost when it comes to tuning

Quick Reply: unknown reason for boost cut?