S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Upgrade fuel pump and drive standard?

Old 06-13-2014, 04:52 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The Walbro is loud. I'd recommend the Full-blown 290 or 340. I have the 340 and its very quiet. I had a Walbro in my Eclipse GST and it sounded like it would take flight at any moment.
Old 06-13-2014, 05:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for the 255 can you get the other parts with the pump too? filter items and hose clamps etc that suually comes with the kit?
Old 06-15-2014, 08:17 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Ive been 255 Wal on stock Ap1 for maybe 10k now. It makes no difference you just adjust tune, and ya you need to be standalone. Assuming you know changing fuel pressure will jack OEM map. Could on a Ap1 if there return systems adjust the fuel pressure with a regulator and bring it back down, but id still retune the car personally.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:19 PM

seeems to be contradicting posts, might be worth giving TTS or SOS a quick call and ask them about the situation. Really can't be arsed installing the fuel tank then having to remove the access panels so I can install the different pump when it's already out the car and would be soo easy to swap out.

What about the aeromotive 340 rather than the full blown?
Old 06-16-2014, 02:17 AM
Former Sponsor

The Aeromotive 340 is a great pump, I'm running it for 2 years with no problems at all. Also, look into the Aem 320 pump, thats a great pump as well that was released about 7 months ago, alot of people are running that, can't beat that price too.
Old 06-16-2014, 06:16 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nick - I have an AP1 as well and have been supercharged for a few years now. I live in a state that requires yearly inspections in the US so I have to swap my stock ECU and injectors back in every year and drive for a few days to get the ECU to clear all the checks before getting inspected. I also drove the car on the stock ECU/injectors for an extended period (a couple weeks) while I was doing some work on my supercharger. During that time I was on the Walbro 255 fuel pump and I experienced no negative effects of running that aftermarket pump with the stock AP1 fueling setup (injectors, FPR, ECU).

About a year ago I swapped in an Aeromotive 340 pump in order to get rid of the noisy Walbro 255. The Aeromotive is much quieter than the Walbro was and I love it. However, I did notice that when I went to the Aeromotive 340 while retaining the OEM fuel pressure regulator, it caused my static fuel pressure to raise from the standard ~43 PSI to about ~63 PSI. This actually caused issues when trying to get the car tuned (on a standalone ECU) and I had to put an AEM fuel pressure regulator on so I could adjust the static fuel pressure back down to ~43 PSI. That being said, BEFORE I noticed that I had a fuel pressure issue, I did actually go in for an inspection... so I did run the Aeromotive 340 with the stock injectors, FPR, and ECU for at least three days while I drove around getting the check to clear on the ECU so it would pass inspection. I didn't notice any issues during that time, and it wasn't until later on a dyno that I realized I had a fuel pressure issues.

So in summary, if you go with the Walbro 255 you *shouldn't* experience any fuel pressure issues and it *should* run just fine with the OEM fueling setup. If you go with a 340 pump like the Aeromotive, Full Blown, or AEM, I would recommend that you pair it with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator like the AEM one that I have. That way you can adjust the static fuel pressure back down to stock levels, and it will run just fine with the OEM fueling setup. In my experience, you will also benefit from having the adjustable FPR once you get a standalone ECU in there and go to tune it. The 340 pump did cause the static fuel pressure to rise significantly when paired with the OEM FPR on my AP1; I would only assume it would do the same on yours.
Old 06-17-2014, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Nick - I have an AP1 as well and have been supercharged for a few years now. I live in a state that requires yearly inspections in the US so I have to swap my stock ECU and injectors back in every year and drive for a few days to get the ECU to clear all the checks before getting inspected. I also drove the car on the stock ECU/injectors for an extended period (a couple weeks) while I was doing some work on my supercharger. During that time I was on the Walbro 255 fuel pump and I experienced no negative effects of running that aftermarket pump with the stock AP1 fueling setup (injectors, FPR, ECU).

About a year ago I swapped in an Aeromotive 340 pump in order to get rid of the noisy Walbro 255. The Aeromotive is much quieter than the Walbro was and I love it. However, I did notice that when I went to the Aeromotive 340 while retaining the OEM fuel pressure regulator, it caused my static fuel pressure to raise from the standard ~43 PSI to about ~63 PSI. This actually caused issues when trying to get the car tuned (on a standalone ECU) and I had to put an AEM fuel pressure regulator on so I could adjust the static fuel pressure back down to ~43 PSI. That being said, BEFORE I noticed that I had a fuel pressure issue, I did actually go in for an inspection... so I did run the Aeromotive 340 with the stock injectors, FPR, and ECU for at least three days while I drove around getting the check to clear on the ECU so it would pass inspection. I didn't notice any issues during that time, and it wasn't until later on a dyno that I realized I had a fuel pressure issues.

So in summary, if you go with the Walbro 255 you *shouldn't* experience any fuel pressure issues and it *should* run just fine with the OEM fueling setup. If you go with a 340 pump like the Aeromotive, Full Blown, or AEM, I would recommend that you pair it with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator like the AEM one that I have. That way you can adjust the static fuel pressure back down to stock levels, and it will run just fine with the OEM fueling setup. In my experience, you will also benefit from having the adjustable FPR once you get a standalone ECU in there and go to tune it. The 340 pump did cause the static fuel pressure to rise significantly when paired with the OEM FPR on my AP1; I would only assume it would do the same on yours.
Thank you very much for the concise answer! Much appreciated! Think I may have left it a tad too late to order the 340, will have to wait until I am home and order then.