S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Vacuum lines set up examples

Old 01-16-2012, 08:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Vacuum lines set up examples

How is everyone running their vacuum lines from wastegate to mac solenoid, bov, boost gauge, etc. I have an MY06 with Tial 44 mvr and Tial Q BOV. Confused on how I am suppose connect the vacuum hoses. Help please. Pictures would help a lot too. Thanks!
Old 01-16-2012, 09:10 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh crap, sorry I forgot. Thats why I gave you my number, so you could text me to remind me, lol.

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW
Old 01-16-2012, 09:18 PM

Name:  tial-wastegate-installation-diagram.jpg
Views: 4498
Size:  62.0 KB
Old 01-17-2012, 09:58 AM

Originally Posted by DFWs2k
Oh crap, sorry I forgot. Thats why I gave you my number, so you could text me to remind me, lol.

Sent using free Tapatalk - Android FTW
haha. Np Val.

Thanks 9k! You have a diagram of the BOV too?
Old 01-17-2012, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by MegaTRon
How is everyone running their vacuum lines from wastegate to mac solenoid, bov, boost gauge, etc. I have an MY06 with Tial 44 mvr and Tial Q BOV. Confused on how I am suppose connect the vacuum hoses. Help please. Pictures would help a lot too. Thanks!
It depends on the car and turbo setup. But. Generally on an S2000 I would route a line from the compressor cover to a three way tee, from the tee to the bottom of the gate, other side of the tee to number one (1) on the boost solenoid and number two (2) on the boost solenoid to the top of the gate. The blowoff valve and everything else either comes from the intake manifold or distribution block. They get their own sources though. Especially the fuel pressure regulator.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is it a problem to run everything from the intake source. I use a vaccum block supplied by a 3/8 line from the pcv fitting. I run an open catch can so no pcv. From the block I run my wastegate, bov, and tru boost controller/guage. Everything seems to work fine this way. My thinking was that the wastegate needed to see the boost pressure in the intake. Am I wrong? Will exposing the wastegate to vaccum cause a problem. I've been this way for 10k miles so far no issues. Sorry for the threadjack.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:39 AM

Originally Posted by japhethwar
Is it a problem to run everything from the intake source. I use a vaccum block supplied by a 3/8 line from the pcv fitting. I run an open catch can so no pcv. From the block I run my wastegate, bov, and tru boost controller/guage. Everything seems to work fine this way. My thinking was that the wastegate needed to see the boost pressure in the intake. Am I wrong? Will exposing the wastegate to vaccum cause a problem. I've been this way for 10k miles so far no issues. Sorry for the threadjack.
Wastegate manufactures state not to expose the wastegate to vacuum. I've never seen a failure doing so honestly. There were cases I had to run the lines from the intake manifold and never had an issue. I just try to use the compressor when I can.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:42 AM

I see so many different setups. Makes it very confusing as to which set up the proper one.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by MegaTRon
I see so many different setups. Makes it very confusing as to which set up the proper one.
What's confusing? There is a right way to do it and a wrong way to do it. Though the wrong way to do it also works depending what we're talking about, lol.
Old 01-17-2012, 10:52 AM
3en

Ive seen a couple of the newer tials fail due to running it off of the intake manifold. The vacuum was sucking the diaphragm into the upper banjo bolt and would tear the diaphragm.

Quick Reply: Vacuum lines set up examples