S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Venting Stock SOS BPV?

Old 06-16-2014, 07:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Venting Stock SOS BPV?

Anybody try this out? I've read a few threads of guys replacing with turbosmart, or Tial or whatever.

I would prefer not to have to weld anything on. So maybe just taking off the re-circ pipe form the BPV and capping the other end.

Wouldn't this give a nice "whoosh" sound?
Old 06-17-2014, 07:25 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Many people run the Bosch this way. It may save you a few degrees on IAT's if you are driving it hard, and of course it will make a much more noticeable "whoosh" when shifting/throttle lift. You will also have more constant venting noise while cruising, but its not overwhelming (depending on your max boost and cruising RPM). The Bosch BPV is louder in all regards than the Tial QR, and I've found that they both vent about the same under the same conditions. They are both 1" inlet, 1" outlet, but I don't know how their main body bore sizes compare.

Both the Bosch and Tial QR will have a bit of compressor surge once you start getting up into higher max boost ranges. I didn't experience any noticeable compressor surge when I was at 7 PSI with the Bosch or my Turbosmart Kompact Dual Port, but when I went to 14 PSI on the Tial QR it was very noticeable at upper RPM lifts. The Tial Q handled 14 PSI just fine with zero compressor surge, but the cruising constant venting was far too loud to handle.

I'm now at 16 PSI and run the Tial QR on the main BOV port and a Bosch BPV on the air pump port, both venting to atmosphere. Cruising constant venting isn't too bad and blends in with regular road noise, there's no compressor surge at 9k RPM shifts, and it has a decent sound at upper PSI blowoffs. There are a few other people with higher boost SC's that run dual BOV setups on this forum that I "borrowed" the setup from; Junky is one.
Old 06-17-2014, 08:39 AM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Yeah, turbo smart and stock bosch here. With both together there is no surge/flutter with the 1200 at max speed. It works great, but it is pretty loud, which id rather have then blown blower seals or couplers blowing off. No welding needed with turbo smart, its a 1" slip fitting like the bosch.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:09 AM

Thanks for the input! That sounds like a plan. And I wouldn't have to get any welding done.

Was it hard to fit the stock bpv on the air pump port?
Old 06-17-2014, 09:34 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You need one of these :

the turbosmart dual port as said above :

or

the go fast bits respons dual port :

or the forge splitter valve :

three high quality solutions.
Old 06-17-2014, 09:40 AM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by EK9MAX
Nah. Per Junky's advice I used a short piece of 3/4" hose over the air pump port to basically make the port OD larger in diameter. A 1" hose slipped right over it and onto the Bosch valve inlet. Autozone didn't have 1" heater hose, but NAPA did. Just make sure you select a vacuum source from the intake manifold that is large enough to support both BOV's.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:23 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by EK9MAX
Thanks for the input! That sounds like a plan. And I wouldn't have to get any welding done.

No, you just need a reducer since the nipple on the air pump port is 3/4". I just had some scrap hose laying around that happened to be the right size, which I inserted into my 1" hose to make up the difference on the nipple end and then clamped it all down as normal.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:25 AM
Community Organizer

Originally Posted by CoolGuy094
Originally Posted by EK9MAX' timestamp='1403024993' post='23206877
Nah. Per Junky's advice I used a short piece of 3/4" hose over the air pump port to basically make the port OD larger in diameter. A 1" hose slipped right over it and onto the Bosch valve inlet. Autozone didn't have 1" heater hose, but NAPA did. Just make sure you select a vacuum source from the intake manifold that is large enough to support both BOV's.
Sorry I didnt see your post before making mine. Yes this is correct. Though I havent had any issue with just T both BOV together on same vac line
Old 06-17-2014, 11:26 AM

I guess any 1" ported BOV would work right? I'm thinking the synapse synchronic BOV on the 1" port, then use the 3/4 air pump port to recirc to the intake.
Old 06-17-2014, 11:28 AM

S2000junky. Are you venting both to the atmosphere too?

And you say it's loud.... you mean the discharge? or just while cruising?

Quick Reply: Venting Stock SOS BPV?