S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

VTSC & accessories, full info needed

Old 10-12-2008, 12:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking VTSC & accessories, full info needed

Alright guys, I am about to earn my FI badge here in a bit. But i dont want to do it at the cost of an engine! So lets do this. Without giving me any turbo vs SC debating and without CT vs VT vs KW dribble.

I am buying a new VTSC. I will be including with it an ACT HD street clutch. Now the real question is:

1. I dont believe this kit comes with a fuel rail, FPR, Fuel Pump, or better injectors. But i do believe that these would help keep the engine healthy and produce a better gain at the wheels. And are worth the trouble and money. Suggestions and real experience more than welcome.

2. With a 70mm test pipe and the HKS 2.5'' Hi-power exhaust, the VTSC, and the fuel crap, NGK plugs, brand new OEM coil packs, what is an estimated HP/TQ.

3. At what point (HP/tq wise) should i start to worry about my diff? It has 60k on it and runs strong as any other. But who knows what 350hp will do to it?

(3.a Dont worry, i will be upgrading my brakes. Im not a dummy. I like to stop just as much as i like to go!! ) ( Oh and this will be used for AUTOX not street racing!!!)

4. Right now I have a Buddy Club grounding kit, Cusco Catch can, Odyssey PC680 battery, and a 1.3 arc radiator cap. Is there anything else that could help extend the life of an FI engine aside from not going FI?

5. For those that have VTSCs, at what boost level (pulley size) did you start to see problems with the head gasket or bottom end? Also, any suggestions on head gaskets? to lower compression and still maintain good seal.

If you can think of anything else that would help it would be more than appreciated. I plan on doing this right the first time. And would love to hear what you have to say. I am at sea right now, so all i do all day is research parts and study on engines to better understand them. And every bit of knowledge helps. TIA.

Skatethesea
Old 10-12-2008, 04:13 PM

Dude!!! to bad I won't be in the area when you get back in.

Anyhow I would def get the 255 walbro fuel pump, FMU and if you plan on more than the stock 7psi and/or don't have a black box with the kit an engine management of some sort....AEM EMS if my suggestion.

I know it will be hard to do but keep the 70mm test pipe and ditch the 2.5 inch exhaust for a 70 mm one also...the tp is not good if you sqeeze it back down to 2.5.

You can go to (which I was for a time) 11 psi on stock compression without much worry as long as your tune is good. If you stay at stock boost 7 psi at first with the stuff you have right now I'll say 300-310 rwhp with 11psi maybe 340-360 rwhp of course both with a good tune. Once you do go above 7 psi though I would then get the at least 650/750cc injectors and also the EMS to support it all.

The hp/tq where you start breaking stuff is all depending on your feet and how you use them...if you know what I mean. I.E. I broke a diff two half shafts and a tranny all at 330 hp because I went to the track didn't slip the clutch ect. Now at 420 hp I haven't broken anything to date kow due to changing how I drive. Once you start shelling out the money for stuff you re-ajust how you drive it....I don't care how many stages you go up in your diff driveshaft ect there is always a weak link.

Anyhow hope some of this helps!

Later-Rob
Old 10-13-2008, 01:17 AM

with the fuel pump, will i have to cut my tank to put it in? How does that work? Is there a link to an install somewhere?

Also, if i put the injectors, pump, and rail on will i have to tune it or will it run the same. Like before i put the SC on.

I have already talked to my tuner and he said that a Greddy Emanage would be fine if i kept it at 9-10psi. But that was without all the fuel stuff on there. So maybe an AEM EMS would be better if that is the case.

Also, i dont intend of launching. Just some good ol' autocross and maybe a time attack. So i am not worried about the diff then.

I feel the TP to Exhaust problem. I understand that. So i will be on the look out for one. Thanks man

Oh, i will be in port from Dec 1st throught the middle of april. So i will still catch you while your in town.
Old 10-13-2008, 01:48 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Skatethesea,Oct 13 2008, 06:05 AM
I am buying a new VTSC.
If you're buying a 'new VTSC' (and I assume by that you mean 'new Vortech Supercharger') then it comes with a FMU and is a complete kit. It's all you need.

PS> turbos are better
Old 10-13-2008, 01:51 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Oh yeah, and it comes with a Walbro fuel pump and that desn't require cutting your tank.....

Oh what the hell am I spoon feeding you for? Do some research and save us all a lot of time.
Old 10-13-2008, 07:49 AM

But with the spoon feeding comes a lesser state of retardedness. Not to mention that my bandwidth at sea is about a wide as piece of rice paper. So research is really hard to do. But i do try. I did print out the instructions for the Vortech install and have reviewed them. I think the best bet is to go with the fuel stock kit. Learn to drive it with the stock power then work my way up. Who am I to start tryin to jump up my boost without knowing what boost feels like in the first place.

And i want the linear power of the SC. No turbo here. But thanks.
Old 10-13-2008, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Skatethesea,Oct 13 2008, 07:49 AM
But with the spoon feeding comes a lesser state of retardedness. Not to mention that my bandwidth at sea is about a wide as piece of rice paper. So research is really hard to do. But i do try. I did print out the instructions for the Vortech install and have reviewed them. I think the best bet is to go with the fuel stock kit. Learn to drive it with the stock power then work my way up. Who am I to start tryin to jump up my boost without knowing what boost feels like in the first place.

And i want the linear power of the SC. No turbo here. But thanks.
what linear power? the power curve with a centrifugal SC is terrible. i had the comptech SC, and unless you tune it, the power pretty much hits all at one time, during vtec.... i sold the SC, and my full-race kit will be here soon. All in the span of 6 months, I learned that I hated the centrifugal SC.

I had a roots-type blower on my EP, and the power was very linear on it. you have instant power with the roots-type blower...
Old 10-13-2008, 10:33 AM

I will be getting a full tune the day or day after install. I want to be set up for the next autocross season!!!!!!!
Old 10-13-2008, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Skatethesea,Oct 13 2008, 10:33 AM
I will be getting a full tune the day or day after install. I want to be set up for the next autocross season!!!!!!!
the power still won't be linear unfortunately.

this was my dyno from my ep3 with jackson racing SC, very linear...
Old 10-13-2008, 12:25 PM

I see what you mean with the linear power with the S/C I've seen a few on here try to sell their Turbo in place of a S/C since they autocross a lot. Boost hitting and power coming at 3.5k or what not is not so good with tight courses.