S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Walbro 255 install on 06+ fuel pump

Old 09-22-2017, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Walbro 255 install on 06+ fuel pump

How are folks installing their walbro 255s on their 06+ fuel pump housings? There's a plastic feed tube from the pump to the top hose of the pump assembly on 06+, as opposed to a rubber hose on older years. I've talked to LHT on how they install theirs but they are adamant that it's plug and play, which isn't true. The walbro is much longer than the stock unit which causes it to protrude from the bottom housing more, not allowing the clip to secure the pump to the housing. Do I need to get creative and retrofit a rubber hose in order to get the bottom clip to secure the pump to the housing?
Old 09-22-2017, 09:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

I can’t speak for the Walbro 255 yet, as I just got mine in the mail last week and haven’t had a chance to install, but when I installed my Grams pump it did fit in just fine, plug and play. No rubber hose on the pump, but put the pump in snugly into the plastic tube that runs down and it was good to go, no rubber hoses at all.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:19 AM

This is with the walbro in and everything seated properly and bottomed out without force. That bottom clip has quite some ways to latch onto the fuel pump housing. I already tried forcing it but still can't seem to get it on there. I'm baffled as to why others say it is a drop in or it doesn't need modification for 06+. Also note that I removed that rubber piece from the stack up that sits between the pump and that bottom clip in all this and it still won't work.
Old 09-23-2017, 02:33 AM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

on the bottom of the pump you can trim the plastic ridges off and then if you leave the rubber piece off it will clip in
Old 10-05-2017, 06:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by uhohitzluke

This is with the walbro in and everything seated properly and bottomed out without force. That bottom clip has quite some ways to latch onto the fuel pump housing. I already tried forcing it but still can't seem to get it on there. I'm baffled as to why others say it is a drop in or it doesn't need modification for 06+. Also note that I removed that rubber piece from the stack up that sits between the pump and that bottom clip in all this and it still won't work.
Any update on this? I'm currently dealing with the same thing on my 06.
Old 10-06-2017, 02:15 AM

I acutally ended up ordering the walbro 400-846 fuel pump installation kit for the fuel hose -> clamped the fuel hose to the walbro 255 pump -> cut the hose to the proper length -> cut the plastic feed tube & clamped it to the other end of the fuel hose -> reinstalled everything.
Old 10-06-2017, 10:51 AM

Received 38 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by uhohitzluke
I acutally ended up ordering the walbro 400-846 fuel pump installation kit for the fuel hose -> clamped the fuel hose to the walbro 255 pump -> cut the hose to the proper length -> cut the plastic feed tube & clamped it to the other end of the fuel hose -> reinstalled everything.
I did this and had trouble losing fuel pressure - the car would just stop while I was driving it. Inline Pro said the same thing about it being plug and play, and it is not. I've since installed the SOS return kit, which includes the earlier model pump hanger that is plug and play with the pump; I've had no trouble the past couple of years.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:42 AM

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I cut half 3/4 of that plastic neck then fitted a rubber hose with two clamps on either ends to fit.
Sucked but worked.

This is an example of what I mean....

Old 11-14-2017, 09:18 AM

I ended up installing the walbro 255 just like d1000rr did and it seems fine. I took my '07 car with 10 psi pulley & CT-E SC with Novi 1200 to autowave and put down ~340whp/215ft-lbs, which is lower than I expected. I wonder if fuel was any issue, but the tuner didn't mention anything about not having enough fuel pressure, so I assumed everything is ok. However, I do have trouble starting my car more frequently than not and I'm thinking that I'm losing fuel pressure from this walbro install (or do I need fuel pump rewire?). It's none of the electronics, spark plugs, or compression.

I think I might try to buy a new plastic feed tube and a new fuel hose and redo the install to see if it helps. I'm still exploring other options but I really don't want to spend all the money and trouble of going to a return style...
Old 11-15-2017, 01:40 PM
Lex

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I did the same as noted above. I trimmed the little white tube slightly and the walbro 255 pump fit perfectly snugged after that.

Quick Reply: Walbro 255 install on 06+ fuel pump