S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

What is the best turbo manifold?

Old 02-08-2019, 10:18 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What is the best turbo manifold?

Thinking about boosting my s2000. What manifold do you recommend? I have been pricing some out, and the prices are all over the map. Is it worth spending $1000+ or is a cheaper manifold just as good?
I only plan to run around 400whp

Any input would be much appreciated.
Thanks!
Old 02-08-2019, 05:11 PM

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts

I'd go either PTuning if available or Full Race ProStreet. The better manifolds are worth while.

PFab manifolds are good for top mount, but bottom mounts seem to make a bit more power and have a bit fewer issues with cracking. Top mounts to me just look right, but are a bit more complex to install.

I have yet to see a front mount manifold that really impressed me. They don't seem to make as much power as the bottom mounts (in smaller turbo lower boost situations), and often require more modifications to the car. For 400 hp, it's not something I would consider. For 800, it's definitely worth considering.

Whatever you do, don't go log. It's not worth it.

Tim
Old 02-08-2019, 06:03 PM

Received 34 Likes on 31 Posts

Full Race for sure. You will never have to worry about it cracking.
Old 02-09-2019, 08:21 PM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

From a serviceability standpoint, a forward facing manifold. It is worth the extra cost for the fact that it is a breeze to install, adjust, duagnose, or take apart. With a forward facing manifold on an s2k you dont even have to lift the car to change turbo or manifold or wastegate everything is easy to get to. Having issues and not being able to see or get to the part is what kills the turbo experience. The simple serviceability benefit is worth everything on an s2k a forward facing turbo manifold is the way to go imo:

You can bolt or unbolt manifold easily no special tools or angles to get to the bolts

Everything is right there infront of you as soon as you open the hood. Easy to tinker with

Old 02-09-2019, 10:31 PM

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by F1TwoThousand
From a serviceability standpoint, a forward facing manifold. It is worth the extra cost for the fact that it is a breeze to install, adjust, duagnose, or take apart. With a forward facing manifold on an s2k you dont even have to lift the car to change turbo or manifold or wastegate everything is easy to get to. Having issues and not being able to see or get to the part is what kills the turbo experience. The simple serviceability benefit is worth everything on an s2k a forward facing turbo manifold is the way to go imo:

You can bolt or unbolt manifold easily no special tools or angles to get to the bolts

Everything is right there infront of you as soon as you open the hood. Easy to tinker with

looks nice but i wouldn't want to cut my car to make it fit. just me though
Old 02-09-2019, 11:31 PM

Received 616 Likes on 422 Posts

Originally Posted by SoFlaKidd
looks nice but i wouldn't want to cut my car to make it fit. just me though
You absolutely don't need to. He did that by choice.

Here's another guy on this forum with the same kit.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:04 AM

Received 65 Likes on 53 Posts

Yes you dont have to cut anything i just just wanted a big ol 6" velocoty stack inside my airfilter
Old 02-10-2019, 01:59 AM

Originally Posted by F1TwoThousand
Yes you dont have to cut anything i just just wanted a big ol 6" velocoty stack inside my airfilter
The induction noise must be nuts lmfao
Old 02-10-2019, 04:26 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Kyle
The induction noise must be nuts lmfao
You obviously haven't tried a Turbo Guard, the sound is much better once again. I have a custon stainless steel very fine mesh which I made myself, the turbo spool sound is SO much better than when I have the filter on.
Old 02-11-2019, 12:10 AM

Originally Posted by MARK AUS S2K
You obviously haven't tried a Turbo Guard, the sound is much better once again. I have a custon stainless steel very fine mesh which I made myself, the turbo spool sound is SO much better than when I have the filter on.
Nope, I haven’t! Got a vid?

Quick Reply: What is the best turbo manifold?