S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

What to do....Gasket? No Gasket?

Old 07-16-2005, 10:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Default What to do....Gasket? No Gasket?

Guys I need some advice.

I have a 2mm gasket and going to be running lovefab's kit. I have the car all torn down except for pulling the head to put on the gasket. It seems like ALOT of work, and want to know if it really would be worth it. So you all know I am a very good mechanic with access to great tools so don't worry about that. Just that I don't have alot of time, and there are hasstles that come with every big project.

Has anyone pulled the head on there car before?
Did you have to completly remove the Intakemani or could you just pull it back?

I just want to know if it really is worth it for the extra 10 hours of work it is going to take me to pull the head.

Thanks

J. R.
Old 07-17-2005, 12:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Most people would say that the gasket is a piece of mind. With the gasket though you can run more boost and make more power. If you got it do it. But then again I did not think the gasket was something I needed to do to my car. I am going to run 8+lbs with conservative tuning. Along with regular check-ups on the retainers and such I don't think there will be a problem. There are many people not running gaskets and not having problems.

Just what I think.

-Chris
Old 07-17-2005, 07:08 AM

detonation is more a function of timing advance than it is compression. Although with more compression you run less timing advance. The more timing advance, the more power. I say timing advance makes more power than compression because you can have the BMEP rise for better compression.

Do the head gasket for sure, you can run full timing advance at 10-12+ psi of boost, way more responsive than retarded timing. Don't spend the time pulling the intake manifold off, I learned that I should've pulled the head off with the intake on. Go order some ARP studs too, you'll regret later not putting them in for a mere $100.
Old 07-17-2005, 06:43 PM

ARP does not make studs for the s2000...
Old 07-17-2005, 06:51 PM

I heard that AEBS does carry head studs,...........but ARP custom makes them for AEBS
Not if that true, but I know for shure that AEBS carries heads studs for these engines
Old 07-17-2005, 07:11 PM

AEBS does carry the studs but they may be in Backorder. The story from AEBS was that ARP does not make stud for them, some other company does.

As far as pulling the head, to me it's easier to just unbolt the IM from the head and just leave it laying there.
Old 07-17-2005, 07:37 PM

Especially if you use AEBS studs.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:46 PM

Well,

To late now boyz. I pulled the head with the manifold. WHAT A BIIIAAATTCCHHH.......I can only pray that I remember where everything goes! I will keep you all posted on how things go. Its pretty sad looking in the engine bay right now. There is basically nothing there. I HOPE THIS GASKET IT WORTH IT CAUSE IT ADDED ABOUT 10 HOURS OF WORK!!

I'm sure it will be though. Have a good one guys!

J. R.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:47 PM

Well,

To late now boyz. I pulled the head with the manifold. WHAT A BIIIAAATTCCHHH.......I can only pray that I remember where everything goes! I will keep you all posted on how things go. Its pretty sad looking in the engine bay right now. There is basically nothing there. I HOPE THIS GASKET IT WORTH IT CAUSE IT ADDED ABOUT 10 HOURS OF WORK!!

J. R.
Old 07-17-2005, 09:47 PM

Well,

J. R.

Quick Reply: What to do....Gasket? No Gasket?