S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

Whats the ideal exhaust to run with...

Old 01-30-2005, 08:05 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Whats the ideal exhaust to run with...

I plan on going SC either this summer or next winter depending on my cash flow. Anyway, i have the dual amuse r1, and i am scared to run it with a SC on my car because i do not want to damage it. So when/if i get a SC, i will be in the market for a new exhaust system.

Im sorry i am posting this early, i like to plan ahead and maybe this is also someone elses question.

Now for the choices:
- i was thinking about the amuse r1000, but i am skeptical about the sound and the CEL since it is a header back system.
- Spugen v2 ti, mainly for the looks
* Spoon is ok, and Top secret is light so thats a choice.

Now idealy for a SC for the s2000, i have read that you want a dual canister exhaust, but in other areas i read that a single is better for exhaust flow. Which is better for a SC setup, dual or single?
Old 01-30-2005, 10:07 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just a suggestion why not go with Comptech SC (no drilling oil pan) and go with the comptech dual exhaust setup. But if you really want the Vortech and an exhaust to pick would be the one that has a 3" diameter for a good free flow and stainless steel/titanium for looks and durability. My personal favorite would be a Supersprint exhaust
Old 01-30-2005, 12:04 PM

From what Ive been seeing on some dyno's, a lot of people with the HKS is dynoing pretty high with FI at least. Can't say about N/A. I would like to try the Comptech eventually.
Old 01-30-2005, 12:10 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Amer' date='Jan 30 2005, 03:07 PM
Just a suggestion why not go with Comptech SC (no drilling oil pan) and go with the comptech dual exhaust setup. But if you really want the Vortech and an exhaust to pick would be the one that has a 3" diameter for a good free flow and stainless steel/titanium for looks and durability. My personal favorite would be a Supersprint exhaust
I plan on a comptech SC, i just dont like the vortech for some reason.

As for comptech exhaust, i never liked that either lol. I really like the amuse r1000, but not having a place to put an o2 simulator would bother me.

Another suggestion i just thought of would be to import an apexi n1 system over. Its cast, a little to heavy, but it would be able to handle boost i asume.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:46 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So do you want the best exhaust flow, the best looks, the best sound, the best price or the best O2 simulator location?

Too many questions. Once you narrow down what you want it'll be easier to narrow down the ideal exhaust.
Old 01-30-2005, 02:50 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Guedo512' date='Jan 30 2005, 12:05 PM
Which is better for a SC setup, dual or single?
Single.
Old 01-30-2005, 03:03 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by dave22' date='Jan 30 2005, 07:46 PM
So do you want the best exhaust flow, the best looks, the best sound, the best price or the best O2 simulator location?

Too many questions. Once you narrow down what you want it'll be easier to narrow down the ideal exhaust.
I dont want a CEL, no i need an 02 simulator once i add a cat delete or get a header back exhaust.

Looks is also a plus since i intend to show before i go SC and after i go SC.

I want a nice non rice sound, i like the sound my amuse makes now, i want something similar.

Maybe i will just take the chance of destroying the amuse resonator with the SC setup, or i'll just suffer from a CEL with the r1000.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:33 PM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Don't go getting paranoid. There are several boosted S2000s running the exact same exhaust and having no problems. No one else has popped their resonator and my first time was with a backfire shifting at 9500 rpm. My S doesn't backfire anymore.
Old 01-30-2005, 04:39 PM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by Sideways' date='Jan 30 2005, 09:33 PM
Don't go getting paranoid. There are several boosted S2000s running the exact same exhaust and having no problems. No one else has popped their resonator and my first time was with a backfire shifting at 9500 rpm. My S doesn't backfire anymore.
im putting a lot of thought into this FI. Im 19, so i need the car to be somewhat reliable still, i cant be shelling out tons of cash for downtime. i want to be able to work on my car myself, and im not capable of certain things once FI'd. I want to pay it off before i SC, but then i want to have my fun and enjoy the car.

only if i had some more money

The only option is to bitch out on the FI, buy a j's intake and stay N/A and start saving for another car and keep my S.

Which is more appealing, i think the SC is
Old 01-30-2005, 05:08 PM

Speaking of backfireing. From what I hear, the test pipe causes the car to shoot flames at high rpm shifts? Is that true, and does that damage the exhaust?

Quick Reply: Whats the ideal exhaust to run with...