S2000 Forced Induction S2000 Turbocharging and S2000 supercharging, for that extra kick.

is this it? wheres the 100hp?

Old 03-26-2008, 09:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have never heard someone say they don't feel a difference after going FI. Something has to be up...
Old 03-27-2008, 05:36 AM

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

You will feel a difference between NA and a supercharger. If you can't feel a difference something is wrong. Get it on a dyno and give the thing a chance before you give up on it. If you're "not looking for anything crazy", then the SC should be perfect for you.
Old 03-27-2008, 06:35 AM

thats about 100 WHP you should feel a difference... Im getting my comptech a/c next week. I drove two other SC S2K it definitely feels different.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:19 AM

Received 67 Likes on 49 Posts

i felt a big difference between stock and stock supercharger! Check all lines, the tension on the belt, etc..!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:08 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Actually I've driven a comptech and I thought ehh....its noticeable but its not like I imagined. Same with my own turbo car. at 7psi it just barely beat evo and sti's. Then with a better tune it'd hold down 04 Cobra mustangs. This engine really doesn't respond well to FI in my opinion. Well and not just mine apparently, I've read some stuff from turbo manufacturers themselves who said it.

Still its not to say more power can't be fairly easily had, but not as easily as with some other cars perhaps.

I think with a tune you''ll notice a bit of an increase right away. Between that and learning how to extract the power better. For example If I give my car to a friend and we switch cars, he'll do far worse in my own car then I would. FI of any form changes where things happen you might give it just a little to re-learn the power. It sometimes seems to me the S2000 has the ability to feel slower then it is, perhaps due to the fact that it is capable outside of just the motor. Some cars simply aren't made to go fast, and when you make them fast, they feel faster then they really are, the S is the opposite. Hopefully that made some sense. Some of the things are the tight and low stance, the car doesn't squat out in acceleration much the way say a Supra or Mustang does. Stuff like that. U just look down and before you know it after a few seconds the speedometer says 98mph when you were doing 60 just before traffic broke clear.

-Greg
Old 03-27-2008, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by 05TurboS2k,Mar 27 2008, 11:08 AM
Actually I've driven a comptech and I thought ehh....its noticeable but its not like I imagined. Same with my own turbo car. at 7psi it just barely beat evo and sti's. Then with a better tune it'd hold down 04 Cobra mustangs. This engine really doesn't respond well to FI in my opinion. Well and not just mine apparently, I've read some stuff from turbo manufacturers themselves who said it.

Still its not to say more power can't be fairly easily had, but not as easily as with some other cars perhaps.

I think with a tune you''ll notice a bit of an increase right away. Between that and learning how to extract the power better. For example If I give my car to a friend and we switch cars, he'll do far worse in my own car then I would. FI of any form changes where things happen you might give it just a little to re-learn the power. It sometimes seems to me the S2000 has the ability to feel slower then it is, perhaps due to the fact that it is capable outside of just the motor. Some cars simply aren't made to go fast, and when you make them fast, they feel faster then they really are, the S is the opposite. Hopefully that made some sense. Some of the things are the tight and low stance, the car doesn't squat out in acceleration much the way say a Supra or Mustang does. Stuff like that. U just look down and before you know it after a few seconds the speedometer says 98mph when you were doing 60 just before traffic broke clear.

-Greg
We've only got 2.0 or 2.2 liters of displacement to work with. An increase of 100hp out of a 2.0L 4 cylinder is substantial when you consider 350Z guys are getting the same gains out of a 3.5L V6 at similar boost levels. In addition, we're able to boost at higher pressures without the same risk of an HG failure or similar.

I think it's been well established that the F20/22C's are incredibly robust for an OEM motor. Now, turbo motors making less boost are making greater gains than us SC'd guys with little compromise when street driven. If you are looking for maximum performance, I think it has been proven that you can have a genuine monster for a very reasonable cost.

Sometimes I think us FI guys ask too much. I am making about 350whp out of a 2.0L motor. Some guys are making more than 100whp more than me and gobs more torque. How much more can we really ask given our limited displacement? I am completely satisfied on every level with this platform and I am a former FD RX-7 owner. This platform offers similar performance without the quirks and compromises and reliability issues. I am very pleased, personally. I just think we have to have realistic expectations.

Something is wrong if this guy isn't feeling the SC'd difference. I would like to see a dyno.

Best,

J
Old 03-27-2008, 08:44 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Courage.... no no I agree with what your saying, even 240bhp out of 2.0 is amazing for N/A on its own. That's really the problem... It's already done so well from Honda that its hard to beg for more. I think we all ask a lot. and by the way I F2#%ing love the FD Looking for one for a friend currently.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:00 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

update:

after a full night's rest i'm back at it.

i've fixed all of my loose bracket issues (that alternator bracket really is a bitch to get on correctly without smacking the serp belt!)

i would like to drive the car but i broke a piping clamp. gonna run to the store, grab some t-bolts,and come back. then i will re-check the ESM wiring (just in case...) and then i will run the car. i have high hopes for today. last night we really started to feel some oomph, and a good sign of that was the pipe blowing off!

thanks for all the great angles on things, you guys have been very down to earth and logical and i appreciate that. i will update later on!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:43 AM

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by TelosHedge,Mar 26 2008, 04:44 PM
fuel pump is in and yes ESM has been wired as well.

just out of super insanity, is there a way to wire in the ESM incorrectly but still not throw a code?

i'm waiting now for the fumes to dissipate, then i'm going for a ride.
I had a friend that put a JRSC on his Prelude, we took it out and it was SLOW. No CEL and couldn't figure it out, finally realized a brown wire for vtec switchover was disconnected. It ran like crazy after that.
Old 03-27-2008, 02:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by CosmosMpower,Mar 27 2008, 01:43 PM
I had a friend that put a JRSC on his Prelude, we took it out and it was SLOW. No CEL and couldn't figure it out, finally realized a brown wire for vtec switchover was disconnected. It ran like crazy after that.
thought it might have been vtec, but it switches over just fine.

put everything back together today and drove it again - still does not feel much different than stock to me.

gonna try to run to the dyno tomorrow or monday and get this sorted out.

Quick Reply: is this it? wheres the 100hp?